Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4973213 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 49* here & we're on our way to the mid-60's. Got all my mowing done yday, most of the trimming too. The heat pump guys showed up around 9:30-10 & we're still not sure what's wrong with it. They no longer install our brand & we're not sure if that hasn't come in to play. I've got some clothes on the line already & we'll be hitting the road for GR, here in a bit. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We got our gutters installed on the house and new garage yesterday. They look very nice. Made one or two many cuts with a worn out chain yesterday on that branch that fell Monday night. Might have buggered the bar up on the Stilh. It got pretty warm. Looks like a good day to try to get the rest of the tree cleaned up and the yard cut. Headed to Emmaville tomorrow the brother to cut grass there and replace controller on the furnace. Might set off a flea bombs inside before we leave to teach some Asian beetles who's the boss. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Only gonna get to mid 50's here today.  Mowed what I could yesterday but some was too wet as in puddles.  I will weed whip today.  I need to spray so I don't have to do so much of that.  I sold the mower yesterday to a buddy of mine so that is great.  Can't wait for the new one.  Will be a little more comfortable but same size deck.  I have some blades and a spare belt that will fit it too.  They said 4 weeks but sometimes they show up in 2 weeks.  JB it is great that you have a skidsteer for that project.  Looks like you are doing a great job.  We got an emergency notice yesterday that they are looking for volunteers to do sandbagging at Graceton beach all day today.  If my back was in better shape I would go help.  Instead I need to make an appt to get shots in my back.  Been hurting again.  They really help.  Well you all have a good one.  Don't hurt that finger Snow.  lol

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LP,
i've got a kevlar pointing finger guard,hopefully that'll keep my finger from getting "wind burnt"...

Your brewin looks like a big ole boar,guessing 3-4yrs+somewhere in the 2-300lb range,nice coat,looks healthy,bet your pups gotta sniff around and mark areas the bear was marking eh?Dog's are funny that way,my boi marks every place I mark (outside of course) sometimes he get's a golden shower whether he wants it or not. ;)
« Last Edit: June 06/02/22, 09:06:39 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Last year when Cooper saw his first bear in the yard I let him follow their scent once they left.  His hair was standing up and he would bolt away at times and was so funny.  This one he just followed with curiosity.  Yes fun to see their reactions to new things.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes LPS i am thankful that I have the skidsteer to do the work. I think the amount of work that I have done with it has paid for itself. I took tomorrow off of work so I can work on getting the rock in place before the wind switches. Alos then I will know if we will need more rock too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck JB!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Low was in the mid-40's and it's ~65 now so it's been climbing fast. G mail is not working this a.m. so that's buggering things up a tad. That's OK, plenty to do outside the office in the fields. When it comes back on it'll come to my cell phone anyway once I get fueled up & ready to go. No doubt JB, skidsteers are worth their weight in gold. Definitely a lot cheaper than back surgery. Probably a good thing my brother & I didn't have one growing up. No telling what kind of trouble we would've got into.  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers........shelves are stocked once again! :sleazy: some lawn mowing this afternoon.........and i can see a fire and beer tomorrow afternoon!!!!!! :happybounce: :dancinred: :dancinred: should be able to finish round 1 of weeding the garden also today or tomorrow......they aint goin anywhere!!!! :pouty:

so JB.....were you getting that granite?? lotz of it here in cold spring...........home of the granite company!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Lotz of granite up here to.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Up north of Roosevelt this old man lived on sort of a hill and there was some granite exposed.  He owned a lot of acres there. Strata gave him a million dollars or something like that and let him stay living there whilst they started quarrying it.  It is quite an operation.  I have hauled out of there a lot for the county.  I don't know if the guy is still alive or not.  That is the story I heard.  There is almost no regular gravel in LOW County so has always been a problem.  They are always looking for it.  They get a lot up there too.  It is a long haul.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,another dandy...sun breaking the eastern sky at 0530 these days,enjoy it whilst we can,after 06/21 we'll start losing our daylight hours....

Hope youse guyz up nord are finally drying out.

Safe weekend to all,keep your line tight.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 42* @ 1st peek here & I'm seein 65* for the high. Quite a few rigs headed north early yday again, looked ~ 50/50 locals to once a year kind to me. Pretty busy in GR yday too. Heard talk of 107 mph winds on Monday when we stopped in DR for lunch. A lot of takeout, probably for the cleanup crews, going on there. Back out here by about 1 but that wind was rippin again by that time. Got a couple ideas for early today & have to see after that. :scratch: Hopin your Friday's a good day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a great day yesterday!!   got the bike for a nice 2 hour ride.. went over to Camp Ripley cemetery and when I pulled I seen they had a funeral going on..  when I stopped I see the riffle salute about to start, it did and then taps...  always soulful to hear that..  I stood silently though it..  looks like another nice day today too!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....headed out to do some weed control at the asparagus patch this morning. then who knows, but a  :campfire: and  :toast: are on the agenda later!!!!!!!!!

momma's gonna go spend the afternoon and night at her sisters place today. the sister with her hubby with health issues.....its a wait game right now. they just cant seem to get his blood oxygen level to move up!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sunny morning here.  Was 37 when the wife got up at 5.  46 now.  I need to spray burdock but am going to wait till next week.  My back is bothering me.  Will get shots on Tue.  We may sleep in the camper tonight.  If its not too windy we may have a fire too.  At least we have water out there now so can put the fire out if need be.  I will get the slide out and ready today.  Can watch the Twins game out there too.   :sleazy: JB don't fall in the lake whilst doing rock work.  You all have a nice Friday. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Beautiful day so far. Too bad it has to get messed up with a wedding a couple hours away this afternoon! Wife pulled that one out of her @$$ on me a few days ago & I've been crabby ever since. Weddings are for family, women and gay men. There are absolutely no redeeming qualities about them for old farts who would rather be home relaxing with a cocktail after a hard day's work, watching Green Acres, Gomer Pyle and Gunsmoke. End of rant.  :angry: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm with you on that Dotch.  Not interested so don't invite me.  LOL

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oldest grandson is getting married Oct 1.   pretty sure I'll have to go...  oh well... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They kinda got ya by the short hairs on that one mikey. I was led to believe my neighbor buddy, the kindly neighbor, might be going to this one. Wrong-O, buckwheat! They weren't even invited.  :angry: Looks like time to pull a little of the what's good for the goose is good for the gander routines from my repertoire of dirty tricks designed to get even. "Oh BTW honey, Billy & I are leaving day after tomorrow for another one of our patented Canadian adventures. What? Didn't I tell mention that? Thought I told you...":rotflmao: 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
My thoughts exactly Dotch!! Mornin peoples,  looks like the rain is going slide south of here, gots to go get the tires rotated on the pick em up,  run a few errands and then hit a grad party a little later on. Best run.. See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 47* for our start & going for 72* later. Got a lot done yday including another trip to the meat raffle.  It wasn't really busy to start but it was really busy by the time they finished. A few things on my list for early again today. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 55 here and heading for 63. I kept from falling in the lake yesterday LPS. I hit the ground running early yesterday morning. We still would like another load of rock, but for now we are better protected. My parents came up yesterday evening for the weekend. We had a fish fry for supper last night. Boy was that good. I haven't had fish since February. Not sure what today will bring. Will be a go with the flow kinda day. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That is some big rock JB.  Good job.  That must feel good to have that done.  We had a fire last night to keep the squitos away.  Put some punky wood on the fire and that helped.  Then all of a sudden before sundown the wind died down to a beautiful calm night.  We went in and made supper and watched to Twins trounce the Jays.  Fun game to watch especially in the camper.  Have a downed boxelder from the wind that we will cut up today.  Thinking about getting an old 16' boat to have in the water so I can at least get on the river.  ???  Won't care if it gets beat up dragged up on shore.  We will see.  Well have a great Saturday. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks good JB!!   and have a good weekend with you parents!!  got a few things done yesterday, the one mower shed I had new doors made for it and the fellow made the width just a touch to much..  get stuck when trying to close it or worse when it was closed it would push together..  got that trimmed down about 3/8 of an inch...  so it works much nicer now..  then I replaced the ramp to my small shed..  it needed to be repaired too...  all nicer now..  and I did go for a short bike ride too yesterday..  hope to go for a longer one today..   have a good day all!!!   oh and maybe a fire tonight too!!  got stuff that needs burning!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........sounds like fires is it for the weekend. had a nice one last nite and will again tonite!!! :happy1: of course beer to!!!!!! got lotz done yesterday, reckon  i'll do a Gunner and do a few more things on my list today!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

JB that does look nice........not to be a richard but do you need a permit of some sort to do it? more curious then anything.......we see people doing stuff along the shoreline at the cabin too........personally i could care less......it usually spruces up the place!!!!!! :happy1:   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn it used to be rip rap could done no permit required..  then Todd county wanted more money, so we do need one here..  but the DNR does not require one..  that was a few years ago..  so I don't know about JB's requirements... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn it used to be rip rap could done no permit required..  then Todd county wanted more money, so we do need one here..  but the DNR does not require one..  that was a few years ago..  so I don't know about JB's requirements...
who woulda thunk its all about $$$$  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i know the DNR gets pretty bucky about yanking weeds outta the lake!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB will let us know but I think in 2014 when the last flood hit that they opened it up and let you do what you needed to do. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 47* for our start & going for 72* later. Got a lot done yday including another trip to the meat raffle.  It wasn't really busy to start but it was really busy by the time they finished. A few things on my list for early again today. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
pretty soon hayslips is gonna have a bar stool with your name on it!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: