Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4970888 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Last day here in the big city.  I see on the news all of that damage south of here.  I can't wait to get home.  Wonder how Baudette fared in the weather dept. yesterday?  We pick up Sammy and Buddy at the kennel on the way home.  The last time when I went in, there was a loud almost crying sound and it was Buddy.  I had walked past him as I looked for his kennel.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Both are such loving dogs.... Man that cooler weather will keep me motivated to cut firewood when we get home.  I need to work off this good food we have been eating.  Had the best Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp I have ever had here.  Will be here 2 more times in the next few months.  Leaving at 4 this afternoon and driving all of the way home.  lol  5.5 hours or so depending on weather. That is long drive to me.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  The over/under on the Bills game is only 41.  May want to bet the farm on the over on that one.  Like maybe $5 with my brother.  lol  Fun as heck to have a wager but no way am I going to risk losing the farm.  Have a great day to all of you.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn sent me an E-mail that said all the corn-fed Iowegian girls keep 'em warm... :shocked:

:popcorn:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Good morning! It's 4:30! Up and at 'em!!  😀☕ A balmy 39* here and clear.....headed for the 60's today. If the yard has dried out enough from the monsoons, (sump pump puking away every 10-15 mns) I'll hop on the red rocket and mow the back forty. Otherwise, gonna clean up the debris off the deck from the storm and charcoal grill some chicky thighs and a mess o' wings for hot wings. There's some Fall puttering stuff to be done, too. Gonna just enjoy the day and clear my head from all the stuff this week. Hope someone gets out and gets some fish today.  :fish2: Enjoy the weekend, guys.

Word of the day: Rectum   (HD take note 😆)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/22/18, 06:13:43 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's funny reb!! Morning fellas, it still feels different not sitting on a slough blasting away at ducks n geese on the opener was a ritual for a few decades. Ya I gots to do some mow lawning myself, wash the pickup and get all the bugs otta the grill. Hey Barry, think I read a while back you were trying a batch of homemade pepper jelly,  howd it turn out? Think I might give it a whirl..well dogs are whining fer a walk..See ya!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. A nice cool 43 here this morning. Think the big plan for today is to put some wood in the woodshed and fire up the boiler. The forcast shows mostly 40s and maybe a 50 for the next 15 days. Only 63 in the house this morning. Supposed to rain for the next 4 days also. Would be nice to try and sneak out fishing for awhile. All depends on when the rain starts. Well, time to make some coffee. Have a good one boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another good day in the books!!  going to help some folks move today so that will take up a good part of the day, the only draw back they are starting about 10 or 11 am instead of getting it going...  oh well..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just made a batch of...as Boober named it, Reb-a-roni!  :azn: Even topped it with shredded cheddar...Perfect for this cool day, and now suppers taken care of!

« Last Edit: September 09/22/18, 07:37:10 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning boys.  Thank God For Home!!!  So she kicked you out early Rebs???   :sleazy: :smoking: That isn't one of our brothers in that pic is it Rebs?   :rotflmao: I see we had 2" of rain here whilst we were gone.  So good to be home.  Well I got pulled over for speeding by a Sheriff on my way home.  Ya it was my turn.  He was a great guy.  He clocked me doing 67 in a 55.  As he was checking my creds I told the wife it is no big deal and she just smiled.  He came back to the car and handed me my license and said "Barry there are lots of deer ahead on the road so slow down".  I said thanks, shook his hand and said good by.  How cool is that.  Took right at 6 hours including a stop at Burger King in GR, talking to the Sheriff, and picking up the dogs which we are very quick at doing.  So got home at 10 pm.  I think top priority just became winterizing the camper.  If we use it again we just won't put water in it.  Can still use the sinks and toilet with water we bring along.  Darn I wish you were closer Rebs.  Since you will have your mower wound up you could hit my yard too.   :rotflmao:  Hey Bobber, I didn't do the jelly yet.  My wife did it about 5 years ago and it was great but had no heat at all cuz I used to pick the peppers too early.  This year they  are hot as he77 so curious to see how hot that makes it.  I don't want too hot just a little kick.  I just froze my peppers until I find time to do it..   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I will let you know what recipe I use and how it turns out.  It is great on a spread of cream cheese. 63degrees in the house???   My wife would be going nuts.  lol
« Last Edit: September 09/22/18, 07:38:43 AM by LPS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Rebaroni???  That looks great Rebs. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what boober named it! Want recipe? The original wing-it recipe.... :azn:

Reb-a-roni    (ala boober)

Chopped up a large white onion and a green pepper, and let them sweat for a bit in a soup pot. Meanwhile, browned a lb of lean burger, and cook  and drained 1 1/2 cups of small elbow macaroni. Dumped both of those in with the onions and peppers, and added the can of beans (These are big 22 oz cans) Add some Mexican chili powder, and about 10 oz of TJ's Salsa Authentica, a natural  and chunky salsa. Slow simmered for about 15 mns, covered, and then let rest. It was a thick, smoky, sweet and still with lots of bite kinda "goulash''. (Which I normally hate) It really sticks to the ribs, and is very filling. Just thought I'd pass that along, it's easy and quick, and pretty darned good. Tip: might want to open a window a bit about an hour …...

1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
½ to 1 med green pepper; chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 big 22 oz can hot beans  (Sriracha beans in  sauce)
1- 1 ½ cups cooked elbow macaroni
1 small jar chunky medium salsa
Mexican chili powder to taste
Smoked chipotle powder to taste
Combine all in pot, low simmer for about 20-30 mns.

Reb-a-roni's fun to eat, reb-a-roni can't be beat, hooray! Whee! For Reb-a-roni!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/22/18, 07:47:56 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Done Deal!  Will be making it in the next couple of days.  AND I love goulash.  At least the way my Aunt used to make it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Let us know...bet you'll love it!  It'll warm yer tummy! :tongue:
I just noticed ..all the roofs around here have frost on them.....!!   :shocked: Too early for that crap!  :angry:

« Last Edit: September 09/22/18, 08:03:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just went and looked.  It is 43 here.  Hit a spot of 34 on the way home last night.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And the wedder morjit site says it's RAINING HERE....WTH!?!??!?!!  :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I did a walk by the garden this morning whilst getting the paper and thought my volunteer maters that are coming up  got nipped?? :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning goofballs!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: me and Ma are gonna hit a lake this afternoon. :happybounce: :Fish: :fishing: :old fisherman: :stillfish: probably the last voyage on soft water.

gotta get some things off da honey do list first.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did a walk by the garden this morning whilst getting the paper and thought my volunteer maters that are coming up  got nipped?? :scratch:

You been nipped, alright.  Or shoulda been.  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Gotta agree, Reb ;) :laugh:. We had a power glitch here shortly before 5:30, don't think it was a downed line as the genny didn't run long enough for them to have a crew go out & fix it. Heard another genny runnin while we were out :fishing:, they are on a different line & their genny ran quite a bit longer than ours, so :scratch: hard to tell what's goin on. We had 45* & a light SE breeze early, we did manage 3 :fish2: for the box :happy1:. It looks like some leaf movin, grass cuttin, & already got some clothes in the washer so should get rollin. Have a good 1 & hope you enjoy your Saturday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I had a good time a the land yesterday.  I even go in some hunting after finishing my "To Do" list which included mowing around the cabin, checking cards in all trail cameras, and putting the walk behind brush mower to bed for the winter.  Today I'm off to my 50 year High School reunion.  Hard to believe it's been that long.  It will be interesting to see who shows up. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey! It's the Autumnal Equinox today!  Happy Fall, guys!

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Autumnal Equinox, does that mean the crazies will be out today? :crazy:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What are we doing??   :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, we're all gonna dance nekkid by the light of the harvest moon tonite... :bonk:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one Barry !! say that was a swell idea you had, I had all I could stands and couldn't stands no mo, momma had everything here so it was mess up da kitchen time. Thanks fer tge great idea!!  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey good job Bobber.  Did you go by a recipe or wing it?  I would sure like to see a closer pic so I can see what it looks like if you get time. 

I think I saw down to 39 here tonight Rebs.  May have to down a few cocktails to get brave enough to go out in the nakid.  Would have to warm it all up for awhile before use after that too! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another day in the books and I'm glad it's over..  got a few things to do today but nothing to big..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hear ya, mikey! Movin, not 1 of my favorite things to do even though I'm usually in the middle of any friends doin it.  :bonk: :rolleyes: Mornin boys, 45* & breezy again, no  :fishing: today. :sad: A little more mower time today before tomorrow's rain & Ill be done with that for this trip. Not much else on the radar, so just another SKOL SUNDAY. Have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Wondering if Rebs got a little frost bit last night as he danced in the moonlight?  It is a wet windy cool fall day here.  Leaves are really changing here and lots have dropped.  Only a few 10ths of rain here.  There is the annual fishing tourney across the river in Canada this weekend.  They set up a huge tent and we can hear the music at night.  Good for them.  I am starting to get my retirement deposits coming in regularly now.   :happy1:  I got more than I expected too.  I called them and they said they recalculated and I will have to adapt to the $300 extra per month I will be receiving.  LOL  Ok I am flexible!!   :happy1: :sleazy:  Now the wife has her eye on me so I don't go buy something really cool!  Excited about the game today.  I had my number all thought out but MRA already had it so being flexible as I am I had to adapt and took an even better number... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Have a great day!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning bucksnorts. No frost on my punkie this am, or last nite. 45* when I got up. Startin' to feel like and smell like Fall...that dried leaf smell, which are all over already. Got the back forty mowed yday, trimmed, washed the storm-splatted windows, swept out the garage, gave Mr. Sparkles a sponge bath and polish, and pigged out on that overloaded pizza. Boy, do I hurt today. Ya think I'd adapt to doing things slowly one at a time. Nope. Not the way I work. Always been balls to the wall to get 'er done. Gonna watch the ViQueens today, munch on leftover pizza, grill that chicky later, and generally lightly putter around. I may be adapting. Have a good Sunday, dudes. 😎
« Last Edit: September 09/23/18, 09:09:51 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup...Fall's definitely here. Sedum's have all turned maroon in the last week.