Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4976671 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like mostly rain now in the metro.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep bring it, although here in town it'll just run to the storm drain, the lakes could use anything that falls.  You guys notice the friggen squirrels are still digging thru the snow and I'm guessing burying walnuts? I have 4 fresh spots in the backyard with dirt flung on top of the snow... what gives  :confused: They keep that stuff up Glenn might get some bonus packages for Xmas!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yep bring it, although here in town it'll just run to the storm drain, the lakes could use anything that falls.  You guys notice the friggen squirrels are still digging thru the snow and I'm guessing burying walnuts? I have 4 fresh spots in the backyard with dirt flung on top of the snow... what gives  :confused: They keep that stuff up Glenn might get some bonus packages for Xmas!!!
Reb likes skurrels, mail them to him!!😂😂😂
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No fun in that!  Speedee is much faster to the CS area!!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No fun in that!  Speedee is much faster to the CS area!!  :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
speedee good!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Glenn you are so lucky to have all of us!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
speedee good!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Glenn you are so lucky to have all of us!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
oh yeah,  :pouty: with friends like you guys  :confused: who needs enemies!!🙄🤣

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and going up a couple degrees from there. Sounds like snow getting to us around 9 or 10 tonight now. tlaking 3-6" here. Guess we will see after it is all done. Sounds like it will snow into Saturday here. I took the skid steer and went and cleaned up all the piled up slush and ice at the bottom of the ramp last night. Now I will be ready to fish this weekend. I will drag the house down the ramp after the big snow storm. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning Guys.   Looks like this snow has stayed just west of the Bemidji area at least for the night  Hoping we do not get dumped on.  Ice is forming up good and hope it continues.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  32 here at the moment.  Had fun fishing yesterday.  Will give it another shot this afternoon.  Pretty wet after I drilled holes.  Had one big one on that broke my line on an Ice Rig.  Broke where the mono was tied to the thick stuff.  Haven't retied that for a few years so my own fault.  Will redo that today.  Still hoping the snow will stay south and west of us but like JB said we will get some of it.  Later boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here and just waiting on what the weather brings us too..   sounds like an interesting mess overall...  picked up some freeze dried candy yesterday from a gal that has a food truck by us..  tried some and all I can say it's really a different twist on eating it!!  Grand kids will have fun with it this weekend!!  have a good day all!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 33 & headed for 36, I'm hearin. Windy with a wintry mix at the moment, but it's 'sposed to almost all be rain here. Hope it stays as warm as predicted. Got a couple little things to get me going & will go from there. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to make a fuel run to town to get a can of diesel for the tractor, a can of 91 for the snowmobile, fill a 20# with LP and fill the truck. May have to stop by the bank and get a loan first. I'll have to start thinking about putting the blower on tractor one of these days too. Never ends. ;) Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......nice to see that Scenic feller back in action!!!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

not much going on here......... just waiting for the whatever weather that supposed to shut the world down!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: thought it was crazy last night all the school closings and early outs posted on the TV!!!!!!

Offline Ramone H.

• Outdoorsman
Good morning gentlemen!! Been awhile, but life gets busy.Almost through the holidays, looking forward for life to become normal as it can. Have a great day!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Made headway hauling chit yesterday afternoon after getting everything ready in the a.m. Wind is miserable to work in so trying to shift pens around so I can avoid it as much as possible. Doesn't help to have a ram that's a jerk to deal with. He better throw some decent lambs or he's on the next trailer out of here.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Markn....I know that feeling.  Filled my truck with diesel, can DEF, can of gas for the sled.  Pretty much took care of $225.00.    Sure glad the truck was not empty

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good Morning.....33 here right now. Just starting to snow. 6-10 inches expected. Grinding hamburger today. Grinding up roasts left from the last cow we bought. Need hamburger more than roasts. Bought 10 lbs from Walmart to mix with them.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lite mist coming down now...   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: yea i was out about 9 and it was really light......looking pretty wet now!!!!!!!! i looked at the radar earlier today...........just dont see the big deal with the forecast......  :scratch: :confused: :crazy: but then what do i know!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen on the toobe ROCORI school district is closing at noon.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No rain when I left the house ~ 9 but it was a light steady rain when I came home ~11. A heavier steady rain through about 6 with it not actually quiting until 3-4 AM. Steadily increasing temps through the night though :happy1: :cool:, low 40's here tomorrow.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
:happy1: yea i was out about 9 and it was really light......looking pretty wet now!!!!!!!! i looked at the radar earlier today...........just dont see the big deal with the forecast......  :scratch: :confused: :crazy: but then what do i know!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We are predicted at 5"- 10", I'm not sure how they can miss with that spread. It would be like saying Bidens popularity rating is between 2% - 48%.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hear ya  :crazy: :doah: the way i understood the weather report at noon......doesnt sound now like much is going to happen today  :scratch: and all these schools closing!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

the #4 news showed there snow total chart.........grand rapids area is supposed to get over a foot when its supposedly all said and done!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 12/13/22, 12:52:34 PM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ice on the roads is a big part of that I'm guessing, still lite rain/mist here and I can see the ice building up on my sidewalk... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I agree, mike. Hundreds, maybe even a few thousand buses full of kids on what might be icy roads sounds like a very bad idea IMO. :tut:  Lots of lawsuits, if anybody gets hurt too.
« Last Edit: December 12/13/22, 02:34:21 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Difficult decision on closing schools. Its easy to second guess their decisions but they do the best they can using the data available. They will usually err  on the side of caution.
« Last Edit: December 12/13/22, 03:05:16 PM by roony »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Kids don't care if they get out early. The only people it really matters to are the folks that have to use the school as a day care.

Can't put a dollar value on kids safety. If there is any chance of ice park the busses.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I totally get the safety thing here. Guess I'm just frustrated with how inaccurate the forecast has been. Now it seems like the snow is supposed to be on Thursday

I just took recycling out to the garage, sidewalk is not icy yet, neither is the deck, but I just watched a truck leave the neighbors daycare, he did some tire spinning!
« Last Edit: December 12/13/22, 03:22:45 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: TWC's site is still sayin another 3-5" for you. :confused: