Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1517061 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
scallop chowder is simmering away and smelling good!!   added some seasonings; slat and pepper along with some ol bay!!   and some mushrooms...
:scratch: :confused: :doah: Mike........wanna post a picture of that slat???? i might wanna pick some of that up!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds really good mike!! A big fan of scallops so it has to be tasty! Send me a pic and I'll post er... :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike says he has plenty of bowls,  come on down!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like dead minnows in there! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Looks good buddy. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like dead minnows in there! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Looks good buddy. :happy1:

that's protein too !!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

thanks!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Earth's poles have flip flopped again, just in time for my gravity defying T 105 N R 21 W sec. 7 famous basketti.  :coffee:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That must be an old fashioned bottle of medicine sitting there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That must be an old fashioned bottle of medicine sitting there.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't read what it is but what a good idea.  Put your booze in a medicine bottle so the wife won't know that you are actually imbibing early in the day.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Earth's poles have flip flopped again, just in time for my gravity defying T 105 N R 21 W sec. 7 famous basketti.  :coffee:
Prego or Ragu??????? :rotflmao:

yea LPS....that Dotch feller is pretty sneaky.  :rotflmao:

remindsme of my parents and another couple when they'd go to canada fishing.........they'd put vodka in empty vinegar bottles!!! :rolleyes: :shocked: now you know where i get that thought process from!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't read what it is but what a good idea.  Put your booze in a medicine bottle so the wife won't know that you are actually imbibing early in the day.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
All I gotta do is look at that bottle, there's only 1 gin that comes in a blue bottle that I know of. :scratch: It's Bombay Saphire & some good stuff, maynard. ;) I don't mind a little once in a while myself but it's pretty spendy down here. A 1.75 L down here will run you a bit north of $50, when we can get the same thing at Super1 liqour in GR on sale for < $30. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I meant that other bottle beside it.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Every once in a while will see Sapphire 1.75's for ~$30 at Cash Wise. Most of the time it's around $40. When we went thru duty free coming back from Canada last time it was $18/ltr. Almost like they're paying you to drink it! The Jack Rudy's has been a staple here for quite some time. Not only is it medicinal, it keeps the carbs down to about 1/3 of what the Canada Dry or Schweppes contain. It contains a lot more quinine too which must be working. It's kept me malaria free all these years. I'm looking to get a hold of some Plymouth Navy Strength gin (114 proof) & mesh it with Jack Rudy's Extra Bitter tonic syrup. Made with that tonic, it's supposed to be more in line with what the Brits drink or so I've been told. My brother got a bottle of that mixer & he said it was outstanding. It's out of stock right now so will have to sacrifice. At least I've got Tanqueray, Boodles, Hendricks & Sapphire to choose from.  :pouty:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are well stocked.  I will have to pick up a bottle of gin.  Used to like the Tanqueray with tonic.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought I'd try the gravity thing myself Dotch,  with the wind blowing like it is maybe it spun the poles the utter way..

« Last Edit: January 01/21/24, 06:15:47 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks darn good Bobber!!!   seeing it reminds me I picked some cottage cheese with chives the other day too!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just threw a corned beef in the crock pot.  I prefer flats but I see this is a point but doesn't look too fatty.  I will add some MN Yukon spuds later.  Will add carrots as soon as I am done with therapy and hit the grocery store.  Will pig out on it tonight and will be Ruebens tomorrow.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mmmmmm...Ruebens

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home and I forgot the swiss cheese for the ruebens.   :angry2:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  good excuse to go again and check out the check girls!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good point.  LOL  Just put the carrots in the corned beef.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't say I've ever had corned beef that way, cabbage, and Ruebens yes. I think it's worth a shot I just gotta sell it to the Mrs first.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya pretty much like a pot roast except different flavor for the first meal.  Then the next day I take it out when it is cold and it cuts nice for the rubens.  Sometimes we do cabbage since we both love it but gets too much in the pot.  If we want it we do it in a seperate pot.  Still put the carrots, celery, spuds with the beef.  Earlier I said I got MN Yukon spuds.  They are actually  MN Gold.  Like them.  There has been times when we just had another meal of it and not had rubens it is so good.  Didn't put celery in this time.