Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4975714 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31* here this morning. The sun actually came out yesterday afternoon and it was clear last night. Got down to 29* overnight. Frosty on the ole pumpkin this morning. We are watching the grandkids this weekend. So the wife is leaving work at 11 to go meet their parents in Akely. Then they are going to meet me in Waskish. We are going to camp there for the weekend. So we will be down in Cookies neck of the woods. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 this mornin going for 56...  says H20 maybe today too..  we will see..  going to make a pork butt today so tha Jim and I have some food again..  all good eats!!  have a good day!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 30* to start but the sun is shining. :happy1: I don't think :scratch: we made 50* yday as it didn't start gettin nice until around 5:00 when the sun poked out & the wind switched. I never got down to the lake yday as it was a bit cool most of the day. So that's at the top of my list for today as I see  we could have some more rain comin this pm. Not much else here today, have a good Friday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all, road trip to fargo today, then pack to head north first thing in the morning. be nice ti get up there again!!!!!!!!!
Nooooooooo! :doah: There goes the neighborhood :rolleyes:................................again. ;) :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning all, road trip to fargo today, then pack to head north first thing in the morning. be nice ti get up there again!!!!!!!!!
Nooooooooo! :doah: There goes the neighborhood :rolleyes:................................again. ;) :laugh:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm sure his Mom is sending him up there to get things in order!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm sure his Mom is sending him up there to get things in order!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
Fix the furnace, maybe? :scratch: :evil: Bet not! ;) :smiley:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man what a different day today.  The sun is shining and the dogs and cat are all laying by the glass door in the sunshine.  Got the locator and Hot Trim done yesterday in the boat.  Not sure if I will carpet it or just  put a rug over the bad spot for another year.  LOL  Have to go to town to the Post Office so will do my recycling then too.  The dogs love those little runs.  I may actually have to think about getting the mower out too if it doesn't rain on us.  The grass is green now and getting taller.  That begins a new season.  Gonna stay home this weekend and do stuff around the place. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 60's. Had a couple yearling ewes out running loose in the yard this a.m. Must've hopped over a gate or panel someplace. Got them back in, did the chores and Mrs. Cheviot asked me where we should put the  ewe with the lamb. "What ewe with what lamb?" I asked. "Well, the ones I just found in the other barn." she said. Wondered if that ewe might be bred. Lambed early last year and hadn't shown much so figured she was open. As they say, the first one now will later be last. D'oh! 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Fix the furnace, maybe? :scratch: :evil: Bet not! ;) :smiley:
well aren't you 2 a couple comedians this morning. :pouty: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Get up fellers!; :rotflmao: look out Gunner I'm headed your way!!; :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonderful looking sunrise this morning as I drove into work. Got a small project to do today changing out a pump and a little of OT in the pocket for something (45/70?). A bit of yard work this afternoon and a 4:05 tee time later. Have a great weekend all.
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 41* at last peek, had some fog early too so glenn's drive up might've :scratch: been a bit shaky, at least startin out. We did make it down to the lake for an hour or so after bfast yday, so we're inchin closer to getting it in the lake. More of the same today only it'll be the dock today as there's no way we can put our normal 40' out. Made it over to HH :toast: yday & seen a few familar faces, warned 'em glenn was on his way up too. ;) :smiley: It was rainin pretty steady on our way back ~7. It looks like our 10 day forecast is drier but still only 50's for highs. That's all I've got for today, have a good un! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, way to go Gunner!!  looks like today is going to be the best day in the next week or soo.. have to enjoy it for sure....  have a good day all!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 47 at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 60's. Will be some activity in the fields today as some are just itching to do fieldwork. Have a bad feeling about some of it being premature as there are still dark spots in areas of fields. Will likely be answering ?'s like "Why is my stand so uneven?" prefaced by "I did everything right."  :bs: Neighbor's funeral this a.m. Had a nice chat with his grandson yesterday. Great young man, a lot like his grandpa. Wouldn't mind seeing him move in there. Enjoy the nice day!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm live from the sportmans Cafe in deer river.  Was foggy yea but not bad. Seen all kinds of critters.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn you should have a radio show.  Live with Glenn.  Morning boys.  Partly sunny here.  Just looked at Menards and all of the good boat carpet is special order.  Cabelas has some too.  Don't see any of the vinyl stuff.  Will keep looking.  May just wait till mid summer and do it then.  I am getting antsy to get the boat in the water. 

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  so far so good this away, dock and lift went in last night, boat today. Drove though some serious rain yesterday so tge ground is super soggy. Tried our luck on sunnies shallow with the nice day but they must be deep yet. The pooches dont know when to stop out here, from dock launching and chasing tennis balls actually put them down before me for a change..Na night!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, not a bad day yesterday, even got a short bike ride in..  only went around the lakes but it was fun!!  42 here and maybe some rain again.. got some yesterday too..  have a good day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 34* & sunny startin out. Headin for 52* again.The clouds moved in & the wind went WNW by 10:30 - 11 yday so it didn't feel like 50 yday. Some pretty steady light rain by mid afternoon as well. We did get our dock torn apart, put back together 16' shorter, & in the lake before the weather changed. Got the roll-out part in, decided we could stand to go a little deeper so we took a section of the new dock & ran it along the shore. So we're out ~ 28' instead of the usual 40'. Tomorrow doesn't sound the best for the weather so I may do a little prep work on the lift today. Have a good Sunday.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had a good day yesterday.  Much better than the jockey that tried to cheat a little and got disqualified.  He's going to have some bad days after that.  May try to pull some fence posts from around our small pasture since we don't put the horses there anymore.  Don't want any critters getting caught in the wire.  Sunny out but windy and not going to get too warm today. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 60's. Missed the rain so more fieldwork is underway. Looks like we should have good going until Tuesday nite. Should mow lawn today given the forecast. Mrs. Cheviot wanted to go out to eat last nite so we motored to The Willows in the Stude. Needed to fill it with gas anyway so I had an excuse. Nap yesterday afternoon felt so good I think I might have to take another one this afternoon! Toodles!  :cheesy:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  woke up to some light rain at the cabin this morning so the pooches got no walk, thought about lighting the pot belly but decided let's have breakfast and head out. Got home around 11:30 , went to grab my wallet from tge truck console and nothing.. CRAP. so it was a turn and burn back out west, yep still sitting where I thought, nice day for a drive..or 2 but still whatta bonehead..

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  woke up to some light rain at the cabin this morning so the pooches got no walk, thought about lighting the pot belly but decided let's have breakfast and head out. Got home around 11:30 , went to grab my wallet from tge truck console and nothing.. CRAP. so it was a turn and burn back out west, yep still sitting where I thought, nice day for a drive..or 2 but still whatta bonehead..

all I can say is I see soo many people now days lay their wallet down any where, even in the bar and walk away.........  I can not do that...  but I guess that's just me.........  glad yade not lose it!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.33* and some white lovelies falling from the sky this morning. Spent the weekend camping in Waskish with the grandkids this past weekend. We had a good time. Was nice to get to use the camper again. Certainly could have been warmer, or just less wind would have made it feel nicer. We finally went and walked the big bog boardwalk. Been driving past it for years always wanting to check it out. It is a 2 mile hike round trip. Pretty cool if you ask me. Well, sorry Boar my prediction was way off. The lake is not ice free yet. Still lots of ice out there. I would have thought the wind was going to clear it out, but it must be a little more solid than I thought. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, boats are going around here like crazy!!! got my dock and lift in yesterday, now get the boat home and ready..  always good!!!  sure looks like a cool week ahead for the weather..  have a good day all!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's not just you, mike. I'm the same way, even at my favorite waterin hole & I know everybody in there. Just goin to the john, I still will grab it & put it in my pocket. :tut: Mornin boys, 32* in the garage earlier, headed for 47* they're sayin. Got a little NW breeze starting up already too but don't think  :scratch: it's 'spose to blow like the last 2 days. We did some minor adjusting to the dock & put the spindle/wheel back on the lift so we able to push that out to where we can use it. :happy1: Probably a little more putzin around down there early today & other than that nothin planned. Hope your Monday's a good 1

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup it's snowing again.  The flakes are shaped like stars on the deck.  They look fake.  The Russians may be involved.  Well we did get all of the posts and wire out of our small pasture.  Feels great.  Now I can mow better with the atv mower.  And don't have to worry about critters like fawns getting tangled in it.  Went great.  Not sure what is on the agenda today.  Cold out so maybe I will just make Ice Rigs today. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO where is Rebs.  Tied up next door again?  Maybe at Glenn's cabin with him.