Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4971558 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Better get yer cockles and mussels while the gettin's good, Delmar, they're gettin' scarce! ....alive, alive oh!  ;)   :rotflmao:

http://www.kaaltv.com/national/maine-had-worst-year-for-mussel-harvest-in-4-decades-in-16/4633189/?cat=10159

All over the rocks on the west coast...  I'll check it out for you.
    ya ok, you'll be looking for clam on the rocks at the naughty beach...   :confused:

Good to hear your bride is doing good Glenn!!
« Last Edit: October 10/12/17, 05:08:48 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear the wife is progressing Glenn  :happy1:. Morning boys. TGIF. Weather not looking so good for the weekend. My dad and stepmom are coming up for the weekend. I was hoping to get out fishing, but that is not looking to good. We may try and go tour Bob Marvin's car collection at The Shed in Warroad. My Dad is a big car buff. I hear it is quite the collection. Well have a good one boys. Hope you and the wife are having fun and that she is not feeling to bad!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks like a chance of rain this morning here to.  tomorrow too.   got the bike out yesterday and the wind sure was pushing it around!!!  not much going on today, got some laundry going and dishes to wash later..  got the temporary crown on yesterday so now wait till the perm one comes in.  just more more money  spent!!!
have a good day all!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks like a chance of rain this morning here to.  tomorrow too.   got the bike out yesterday and the wind sure was pushing it around!!!  not much going on today, got some laundry going and dishes to wash later..  got the temporary crown on yesterday so now wait till the perm one comes in.  just more more money  spent!!!
have a good day all!!!!

Maybe 'cuz there's a lot for the wind to catch.... :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/13/17, 08:10:43 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it would take one heck of a lot wind to move that!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

that's scary!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Feel sorry for that back tire.... :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
OK back on track!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning fellers. i sense some cold beer and a fire tonite. maybe a little yard work, start getting ready to head north next weekend. wanna cut the lawn sat morning.

have a good day !!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK back on track!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning fellers. i sense some cold beer and a fire tonite. maybe a little yard work, start getting ready to head north next weekend. wanna cut the lawn sat morning.

have a good day !!!!!!!!

Back on track what, ya blathering munchkin??!    :moon: :moon: :moon:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

have a good day !!!!!!!!

Back on track what, ya blathering munchkin??!    :moon: :moon: :moon:
hehe!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we got out here ~ 10:30 yday. Was a wet drive as we had light rain and/or mist all the way from N Ia. to about Moose Lake. After unpacking & chillin a bit we started messin around outside as it was a pretty nice day. A bit windy but we must've made the mid 60's, it didn't take us very long to figure out we couldn't leave the garage doors open. We would've had Japanese Beetles everywhere. Upper 50's today then the wind is going to the north for a couple days. Barely 50 tomorrow with some rain late, Bemidji is sayin it might not make 50 on Sunday but back in the 60's after LPS goes back to work ;) :smiley: thru about Wednesday. Pretty quiet around the bay, only 1 boat tied up at the nearby resort when I took the minnows down to the dock. There was 5 trucks & trailers sittin by the highway a couple hours later. We had only .2 -.3 in the gauge yday when I looked but we must've had some wind & cool nights as there's a lot of leaves down. So that's my mission for today before they get wet. Might haveta fire up the boat just to scratch the itch I have too. Have a good 1 everyone. Glad to hear momma gettin better, 57. :happy1: Enjoy you're anniversary weekend Boar :party3:
« Last Edit: October 10/14/17, 08:03:13 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning boy woke up to a chilly 40 up here at lake vermilion. heading up to grand marias. gona stop by and surprise a certain mno member in ely. shhhhhhh.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are still on bikes right Boar?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well, glenn gotta go and see if he can save some dumb azzez job for being insubordinate!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Better be careful, I just realized what today is....

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
well, glenn gotta go and see if he can save some dumb azzez job for being insubordinate!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Why would you want to do that?  Save the job of some screw up, gives unions a bad name.  Just like the teachers.... or the UAW. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
     :popcorn:

« Last Edit: October 10/13/17, 03:04:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking that too, but decided it wasn't worth even trying to explain it........ :popcorn: training-087

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Christ,  glenn would be busy at our place. The non unions( salary) stroll in an hour late, take whatever lunch break they want but on the union side if you so much punch in early you get to sit at home and think about what youve done for a day...always punishing the labor side of the business.
« Last Edit: October 10/13/17, 06:13:07 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Why would you want to do that?  Save the job of some screw up, gives unions a bad name.  Just like the teachers.... or the UAW.
well del, it called a duty of representation. If I don't I get sued. And get didn't get his job back.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

well del, it called a duty of representation. If I don't I get sued. And get didn't get his job back.

OK you ver chust following orders.   Yah.   Got it. 

Doesn't it make you sad sometimes, what you have to do in the name of labor solidarity? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's to much to type but yea. And I wouldn't call it solidarity though. I new what I signed up for 10 1/2 years ago! Sucks sometime.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
On the other hand it really is pathetic sometimes what employers pull when it comes to there employees.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
On the other hand it really is pathetic sometimes what employers pull when it comes to there employees.
amen brother..

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
amen brother..
I've been on the management/ ownership side of business for the last 25 years, both union and nonunion. I have always told everyone straight up that I will never fire you, you will fire yourself and I won't lose a minute of sleep after I do it.  I'll bet that in that time I've gotten rid of probably 500 people, and 499 deservered it and did it to themselves. It has always amazed me that employees think that whoever they work for "owes" them everything just because they do the work. ITS YOUR JOB if you don't like it leave. So yes it might be pathetic what employers pull but sit back and think how pathetic it is of grown adults playing games at work to pull a quick on on the employer. If people would put as much energy into their work as they do trying to find ways not to do work it's amazing what would get done. I play the game right along with them,  if you want to be an ass I'll give you the crappie hours, dirtiest job ,cut hours until you quit on your own so that way I wont have to pay unemployment. I have no problem with unions fighting for better conditions and pay but they have also made the American workforce lazy and disrespectful. The one thing I couldn't stand to hear was what are you going to do fire me, well you can't and I'll file a grievance. The only thing that helps now is that there are security cameras everywhere so now it's easier to show someone why they are being fired after they were a dumbass and not going to get unemployment. Oh yeah and good morning to all
« Last Edit: October 10/14/17, 05:45:54 AM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' all. Still dark here, 45* with some stars showing bewteen light cloud cover. Supposed to be heavy rains later. I see fezzant season opens today. Go get those ditch chickens, guys!  :fudd: I remember in my young pup days, when money was really scarce, couldn't wait for that season, duck, goose, and other small game ones to open so I could fill the crock pot with food. Hardly slept the nite before the big day. Checked that 1100 over twenty times. I do miss those fun times.... :undecided:
Now, when money's still scarce, only hunting I do is going to Wallace world, to hunt down those bigazz bargains, and fight thru the aisle bovines. No plans for today, maybe clean house if the back and legs pains ease up a bit. Trader Joes run for some of their Pumpkin Butter.....have to celebrate the milestone achieved by Mr. Sparkles. Just yday he turned over the big  20,000 miles.  :shocked:  :rotflmao:    Have a fun weekend all.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/14/17, 07:01:49 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks like rain this afternoon..  got a nice ride in yesterday so that was a good thing with the rain today.  not much going on today, just have to go with the day as it unfolds!!  have a great day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's an even 30 here.  Yes I used to love pheasant hunting.  Wish they were up here so I could take the dogs out and chase some.  They are my favorite game bird to eat.  Well I got permission to sit my fishhouse out in the bean field to deer hunt out of.  That will be great.  Just across the road from us.  Then the wife will sit with me too.  I have been seeing lots of deer whilst cross bow hunting just not close enough.  Should be good for rifle hunting.  I want to shoot one with my new .243.  The field is bordered by woods so that is where the deer hang out.     Heading to I Fall to do some shopping today.  That is always a fun thing to do..  May even have some brunch at the Chocolate Moose.  There is one in Ely too so maybe Boar and his wife will hit that one.  Having a nice Jamaica-me-crazy coffee with a shot of honey in it so I am raring to go.  Rebs you take it easy today.  Gophs football isn't till tonight I think and Vikes against GB tomorrow so would be great to pull that one off. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 34 when I last looked. The grass appears to turning a little white though. Rain for us today, chance of showers this am but best chance is for the afternoon & overnight. They moved up the temps for today, 50-55 now, might not make 50 tomorrow. I got most of my yard work done yday as I mowed just about everything & mulched most of the leaves. Still got some big piles of leaves to figure out what to do with. Good to see the Yankees get beat last night. Probably some more baseball & college football on tap for today. I'll start with messin around with some of my outdoor projects though. Not much else new here. Hopin you have a good un. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 Morning. Gotz things to do before the rain comes.