Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4976152 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Happy New Year to all.  Lets hope it is better too.  Dotch after DE's comment on taking switch covers reminded me of an incident when I was in 9th grade.  My parents liked to remodel old houses so we moved every 5 or 6 years.  I came home from school and it was getting dark out so I went to turn some lights on and the lady who sold us the house took most of the light bulbs except the ones in the kitchen.   :crazy: :crazy:   We had to go to the store before it closed to buy more light bulbs.  Well it is a nice morning here.  19 right now.  We are going to just enjoy our day. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have 22* & are on our way to 26*. It looks like we're in for a warm spell here as the fcast for next week has almost all 30*+ temps in it for us. Quite a few out saying goodbye to 2020  :toast: down here last night but it was a early crowd as most were headed for home by ~6. It'll be a quiet day here today, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Mornin' & Happy New Year gang! 14 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Got chores done, no newbies overnite but some ewes are definitely closer. Filled the bird feeders then think I'm going to kick back a spell. This afternoon I should take the snowblower off & put the chains on the tractor. Maybe later in the week I can entertain thoughts of hauling chit again. Should be warmer so I can fix the chain on the blower too. My finners just don't work as well in the cold as they used to especially with little cotter pins & small clips. Barry & deadeye, ya made me laugh when I read those responses. Dad used to have several rental properties & it wasn't uncommon for renters to take all the light bulbs or anything else that wasn't anchored pretty well. Oh well, at least they'd leave the place one helluva mess.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
forgot to mention yesterday that when I stopped at one store there was one isle that Christmas stuff 50% off, on the other side was Valentines candy already!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and the sun is out!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Real cloudy here.  Almost foggy looking.  JB must be out fishing with his buddies.  I see there is a little breeze too.  I got a nice new textured shower door installed yesterday.  Looks great.  Took a couple of hours.  Kind of a fun project.  Today I am going to finish up work on the Skidoo.  I got the seat recovered with the new skin I bought which is pretty nice.  Will put a new primer on it today and grease it up.  Buddy likes to follow me when we do a run around the property.  He needs a break from little Cooper.  He still just tolerates him but they are not great friends yet.  Snapped at him again the other day when Cooper jumped on him.  I hope the tyke learns to leave him alone.  Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got just over sixty miles in on snowmobiles yesterday. Enough to get me a little stiff and sore. Loaded up and headed for home shortly. A view outside this morning. Wish the trees would stay like this till spring. Later.. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 9* now & gonna hit 24* for the high. Some runnin to do this AM, probably catch some more college football later as I know Ia St. plays later, ~ 3 I think. :scratch: Not much else new here, hope your Saturday's a good 1.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry I forgot picture.
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice Mark.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well made it too Monticello and back.. darn nice time with the kids... some got himself a rektec smoker..  very nice unit..  hoar frost all the way home, makes for a nice view!!  good to be home for sure... 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here and heading for mid 30s again today. LPS was correct, I was out fishing with the gang. Some are heading home early this morning and the sister in law and her husband will head home later. I am going to go out fishing for a couple hours then come in for the day. Fishing was nothing fast and furious, but we had a good fish fry on Friday and they are all taking fish home. So it was a success. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, that sounds like a good weekend Jb!! sure was nice visiting but glad I'm home and slept in my bed..  not sure what I have going on today but i guess I'll figure it out as the day rolls along!!  have a good day all!! :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Going to help make a batch of chili today with the Mrs., watch the vikings last game and then to funeral home for a good bye to a former co-worker and friend. Been a bunch of them lately. Oh well. They're making donuts on "How's It's Made" on the tube. Got the sudden urge to have breakfast all of a sudden. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 12* presently & on our way to 26* today, I hear. A good day here yday too as the Hawkeyes managed to sneak a win out in their bball game out in NJ & Ia. St played well in the Fiesta Bowl to win their 1st bowl game in a while. Not much very high on the list today, have a good day!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Boy it sure got warm yesterday. Seen 44 on the thermo yesterday. Too warm for this time of year, but sure felt nice. Need to make some more ice out there. Had 32 yet this morning and I think it is supposed to hang around that most of the day today. Back to the slat mines now for the full weeks again. Otherwise just another grand day. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, it's 26* & we're headed for 36* later. Real foggy too with visibility under a 1/4 mile presently, a chance of some light snow mid-mornig as well. Only thing on my radar is to take the car out to the Ford dealer as I'm having the oil changed & the tires rotated today. Havta see what comes my way after that, hopin your Monday's a good 1.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 22 here going for 34 they say..  nothing big on the agenda today I guess..  the kids got me one of those sous vide cooking utensils for christmas and I have a chuck roast in the water as I write this..  going to take it out about 11 or 1130 for lunch..  going to be interesting I think...  have a good day all!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.   It is 34 here.  It was raining at about 4 am.  Then some snow but not much. Hope you have fun with your sous vide Mike.  Not much going on here with the slippery roads.  I need to make a run to the dump but may wait till tomorrow.  You know the Retirement Rule.  Why do it today, there is always tomorrow.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear they have been trying for 2 days to fish a truck out of Osakis just off Battle point..  sounds like up to 40 feet deep there..  I guess all got out safe.. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Glad all got out safe. I keep waiting to here of one going down up here on the big pond. I see the resorts from down by pine are already 8-10 miles out. I found 8-1\2" of ice in one spot on Thursday. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 9 here this morning and freezing drizzle/fog in the area..  might touch 30 today, sure was nice yesterday..  not sure what I have on the agenda today, I do know I have a couple different errands to take care..  have a great day all!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys, Well another day another no dollar...    Looks like another day of tag with the squirrel on the bird feeder.  He seems sort of jumpy for some reason and runs away when I walk towards the garage through the breezeway..   :sleazy: :sleazy:

One of these days he'll get careless maybe

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we have 13* & we'll top out in the upper 20's. I seen 36* on the car yday & Mason City reported 38*. I checked ~ 2 or 3 yday & they had 39* up at the lake. :crazy: Got my car back ~ 11 yday & there was a couple NHTSA issues, 1 of which was taken care of then. The other is in the works. That's all for now, have a good day!!
« Last Edit: January 01/05/21, 09:06:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 19 at choretime heading for a high around 30. Coming off the last of the last trips to Mom's. Got a text yesterday a.m. of the mess my brother & wife had left. My younger brother and I were ashamed and we all went back to finish up what was "mostly" done. "Mostly" has become the buzzword for things stuff done halffast and left unfinished. Sorta like baling hay except for a couple windrows.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and your brother was the one that wanted done so fast...  shows his colors...  just sayin...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That's too bad Dotch.  Especially when the guy calls cuz it is so messy.  Oh well it will be great to have it done right.  I am heading to town to pay some bills and then out to the landfill with a truck full of junk.  Will visit with the guys out there some too.  We got our stimulus checks already.   :happy1: :happy1:  It will pay off a loan we had so that is great!  It is going to get up to 30 again today.  Was 36 yesterday and pretty wet by the fish house.  Only got 1 keeper but had lots of little ones too.  That made for a fun time.  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........doggy duty in the morning has me behind schedule  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: he's coming along nicely. today is kinda catchup day after being gone for 5 days!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear A T & T is down in St. Cloud area, some pissed off folks I'll bet... 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got our stimulus checks too.  Now I can go to Walmart and buy beans and Mac and Cheese.    Mmm.   

Also just decided our trip to Black's beach is off for this year.   Gives me time to get back in bikini shape.   :doofus: