Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4973110 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The kid had a load to deliver in Idaho the end of last week. He is trying to make his way out of Montana last night and today. Not sure if he will make it.

if he drops down to South Dakota he should be fine from what I seen on radar JB...
He made it as far as Miles City and now he will be stuck there until they open the freeways up.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Read online that the wind has flipped over nine semis on 35 south of Faribault.

just read that!!!  hope all is good for all of ya down there!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear he's OK JB. Looks like rough sledding up that way.  :sad:

We're watching the stuff off to the south mikey. Put us in a watch box for now.  :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/12/22, 06:46:15 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep good to hear he's OK jb!! I envy those truck drivers,  we seen several snaking triples across nodak and Montana in the wind, I know i couldn't do it!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya. This is his first time out west. It was fun for him until getting into this chitty weather. We are now in an 8-18" snow total here.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Lot of thunder here!! 6 months from now we get our first frost!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: We haven't gotten our last frost yet.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, quiet right now...  38 and might see 40...   sounds like the wind is going to take over the news today until tomorrow...  sure hope the wind settles down while it snows..  going to Alex this morning to get a few things..  then see what the weather brings..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy "Hump Day"...  45 degrees out the door,steady mist,thankfully not snow,quite the light show last night,some area's got bombed with hail south of the metro it sounds like.

Good day to all.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 33 here and heading for 37. Been windy all night. Snowing here this morning. Can't say we have gotten much on the ground yet though. So far for us the weather terrorist are off the mark. Those big fans Barry and I got going must be helping.  ;) :rotflmao: Sounds pretty ruff a little further West though. Well, just another day in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have rain and sleet coming down here.  I put the rain gauge out last night and we have a quarter inch in it.  The deck is turning white now.  Calm at times here and then we get gusts of wind.  The rain/sleet is coming down pretty good now.  Glad I have no obligations to leave the Elderberry ranch today.  Think I will make some soup, read my kindle and stay out of trouble. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be a long day.  Cooper wants to go outside but then I have to rub him down with a towel so I keep his escapades to a minimum.  So now he is bugging Bob and Buddy trying to get them wound up too.  Bob wacks him and he almost falls down backing away from her.  Funny as heck.  AND there is another red squirrel hanging around.  The SR22 is loaded and ready for some sharpshooting.   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........rained during the night...how much.......dont know. there saying low 20's coming so i'll wait to put the rain gauge out.....it'll be year 3 on the same one!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: looks foggy out the window too!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Windy, dreary, cold looking out the window here in International Falls. Nothing coming down here yet at this point.

Hit the grocery store yesterday, what was a kinda fun job has become depressing and expensive. Hard to get in & out for $100 which for a single guy seems like a lot.

Had a pretty serious inquiry on the boat yesterday. Guy is from Bozeman Montana. Gotta get him more pictures. The reach of this internet thingy is really quite amazing.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hell dutchy.....getting rid of your boat?????  :pouty: :scratch: you just gonna watch fishing shows now!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What kind of boat are you selling Dutch?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Yes Glenn it's going down the road. Buying and selling boats is kind of a hobby for me.

LPS it's  2016 Lund 202 GL with a 300 Merc.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I can never get the pictures to load right here.   :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: nice looking boat dutchy!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice rig Dutchy,last lund I fished in was a 2025 on big water,that tin can almost killed me in 8'ers,buddy was trying to wave skip,this 202 looks like a ranger hull,no worries in big water I bet,can't imagine where your buyer from Bozeman would need such a rig,maybe a road trip to ft peck? did he say where he fishes?

Oh,your pic loads just fine,just click on the pic it rights itself.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice boat Dutch. To bad you weren't selling last year when we bought ours. How much? I know a couple people that are looking.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Nice rig Dutchy,last lund I fished in was a 2025 on big water,that tin can almost killed me in 8'ers,buddy was trying to wave skip,this 202 looks like a ranger hull,no worries in big water I bet,can't imagine where your buyer from Bozeman would need such a rig,maybe a road trip to ft peck? did he say where he fishes?

Oh,your pic loads just fine,just click on the pic it rights itself.

I didn't ask where he fishes, maybe Canyon Ferry? Hell he might be a wannabe Pro that travels all over or he could be lying to me.   :confused:  Sea Ray makes all the Lund fiberglass hulls. It takes the water pretty good although I only ran it one year so I'm far from a expert. I did really like the boat before this one, it was a Lund 208 GL, a 20' fiberglass tiller with a 200 Merc. That one sold to Calgary last spring.

Looking to down size once this one goes down the road. 17' - 18' fiberglass tiller will be next I think

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a call from my son. He was taking some country roads on his way to Faribault and said he saw a lot of power poles snapped off in Warsaw Township. Must have been quite a wind that went through there.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice boat Dutch...

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Got a call from my son. He was taking some country roads on his way to Faribault and said he saw a lot of power poles snapped off in Warsaw Township. Must have been quite a wind that went through there.

The radio say 40 mph winds but that has to be low. 9 semi's don't flip in a light breeze like that.  :laugh: It will keep the tow trucks busy flipping those upright especially if they were loaded.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Nice boat Dutch...
Nice boat Dutch. To bad you weren't selling last year when we bought ours. How much? I know a couple people that are looking.
:happy1: nice looking boat dutchy!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Thanks guys.

$62,500 it has a brand new trailer with less than 100 miles on it. 230 ish hours if I remember right. It's listed on the Muskiefirst web site.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime with temp steady then falling to 27 tonite. Rainfall totals: At the ranch .50" & .51" in Bugtussle. Wild night with lots of wind, thunder & lightning. The heaviest rain fell to our east. Taopi reported over 5" & Grand Meadow was a hair over 3". Saw a tornado warning between Ostrander, Spring Valley & Wykoff about 11:30 last nite but no word on damage. Gusts over 40 mph at both Albert Lea & Owatonna about 10:30 last nite. Friends by Faribault reported some trees down but it didn't blow their bin site away like it did a few years back. Lucky it wasn't worse here and that we didn't get any snow. Looks like it's drizzling occasionally now but it's still snowing in ND... :whistling: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,I was watching a video with a sheep dog pushing to young rams into a gated area they didn't want to go into,rams were relentless trying to head butt the pup but the -pup never gave up,amazing how well these dogs learn to work...

Are you getting another pup? curious.

Yup, we have a new pup on order. It already has a name. It hasn't been manufactured yet but should arrive sometime this fall. Our schedules will allow us to be around more. That's important with any puppy especially herding dogs. They'll find something to do if you don't keep their energy channeled. Have heard horror stories about unsupervised Border Collies tearing houses apart and going over to the neighbor's herding their kids, ducks, chickens, sheep, goats, etc. A Corgi (my wife's idea) will be new territory for us. Doubt they're more anal or energetic than a Border Collie but betting we'll find out. A few years from now another red and white Border Collie is likely. I don't want to go thru another stretch of being dog-less. 💔   

Dotch ,say it ain't so,a "corgi",sheep dog...sounds like you'll have a new couch buddy....lol.been around a few corgi's,they were ankle biting "yappers" but great pup for the misses.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my shopping run completed...   many bare shelves in the grocery stores..   really sad...   

just looked at the snow totals amounts thus far and lots of 18 to 22 inches reports!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my shopping run completed...   many bare shelves in the grocery stores..   really sad...   

just looked at the snow totals amounts thus far and lots of 18 to 22 inches reports!!
grocery store shelves in cold spring are full!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :laughroll: particularly on Monday and Thursday!! :happy1: :rotflmao: