Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Subpoenas issued in Scent Lok Trial  (Read 1204 times)

Offline T.R. Michels

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Trinity Mountain Outdoors
October 2008, The Court Subpoenas Two Outdoor Writers and Two Clothing Manufacturers in the "Diversity Fraud" Trial against Scent Lok 

As part of its attempt to find out who is behind the "Diversity Fraud" class action lawsuit filed against Scent Lok by the law firm of Heins Mills & Olson P.L.C., Scent Lok has had subpoenas issued for the owner of Contain clothing and Eliminator clothing, plus outdoor writers Michael Corrigan and T.R. Michels (myself).

The subpoenas may be a ploy to try and find out if any of the clothing manufacturers or writers were behind the lawsuit - as far as I know none of those persons are involved in the lawsuit against Scent Lok, or are behind the lawsuit itself, although the articles of both Michael Corrigan and myself may have been the impetus behind others filing the lawsuit.   

I have it on good authority that the owner of Eliminator sent a response to the court, stating that any information Eliminator has on the development of scent-reduction clothing is proprietary in nature, and would not be divulged to Scent Lok or its lawyers. As of 10/13/2008, Scent Lok has made no further attempts to acquire any information from Eliminator.

Evidently the courts threw out most of Scent Lok's request for the information Contain has, on the basis that any information that company has is also proprietary, except Contain's Patent on anti-bacterial clothing. At one point Scent Lok claimed that it was using anti-bacterial products in its clothing. If they were - they would have been infringing on the Patent of Contain. The fact that the information on anti-bacterial clothing was provided to the courts -  may prove to be detrimental to Scent Lok's defense.   

Because Michael Corrigan is not involved in the manufacture of clothing, and is not associated with the lawsuit in and way, he provided what was requested.

As of 10/13/2008 I have not been served with a subpoena. Everything I have relating to the case is on my website - and the courts and Scent Lok are welcome to it - it will be extremely detrimental to Scent Lok's case. 
T.R. Michels
TRMichels@yahoo.com

Trinity Mountain Outdoors Hunting E-Magazine
Guide Service, & Hunting University / Guide School

Natural History E-Magazine & Tours

Outdoor Photography

www.TRMichels.com

Commit a ranodm act of kindness everyday, and give the credit to Yahweh-God