Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: kansas tourist/Lutsen area  (Read 2769 times)

Offline kssportsman

I'm planning to bring my family to MN in mid-June to the Lutsen area.  We're casual fishermen for bass/catfish here in Kansas, and would like to experience fishing for other species while there in MN.  Suggestions for charter trips on the big lake as well as guided or DIY trips to inland lakes for pike/walleye/? would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Check out lakesuperiorfishing.com. I used them 3or4 summers ago with my son in law. We had a great time caught a bunch of lakers and one king.  While the ladies shopped.  They are out of the Duluth harbor.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
A couple of my friends were up in Duluth last week and pounded the lakers and walleyes.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
You will be just down the road from Grand Marias a few miles,plenty of charter boats there on the big lake,as far as inland lakes its worth a drive up the Gunflint trail,might even see bear and moose early in the morning,at the end of the trail is sea gull resort,they have a guide service and boats for rent for diy but as a newby head out with a guide,Mike Burg is one of the better known guides in the bwca,see if he is available,he will most likely take you to saganga or if your up for adventure portage you into Ontario and fish northern lights lake another great walleye lake with less pressure.

Offline kssportsman

Thanks, corny13 -- I looked at their website.  Looks like a good charter.

Snow1: I appreciate the info.  That's a good tip about the Gunflint.  My son and daughter love to hunt with me, and would be really excited about seeing moose and bear.  I'll have to calculate how long the drive to Sea Gull is.  Thanks again!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah,you'll have a blast,lots to do up there,heck LUTSEN might have they're Alpine Slide going(if they still have it) you can take the chair lift up the mountain over looking the big lake,quite the view and either hike down on one of the many ski trails or take the slide down,either way its a blast,wild rasberries should be in bloom as well and maybe blue beriies,little snack food when your hiking around,bring plenty of bug spray,flies by day,skeeters by night,all blood thirty critters.

The trail is around 50miles long,worth the drive,a few nice lodges along the way that serve breafest,lunches and dinners
« Last Edit: June 06/10/15, 11:27:14 AM by snow1 »