Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4966582 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning all.  Finally maybe a day of little wind.  Starting to feel like we live in hurricane Alley.   Open water in the north country is getting closer
good hearing from ya again!!!!!! :happy1:

Just been busy trying to get projects done so I can  :fish2: :fish2: :fish2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a few things going on to day..  going into Alex and get a few things.  only a couple stores instead of several..   going for 60 today!!  that will be nice for sure..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 here this morning heading for 46 today. Staying cooler up here. Happy hump day boys. Not much new happening here, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning boys.  Ya looks like it is finally warming up for us.  May pull my drag around on the yard some more.  Kind of fun to do.  Having a cup of Tanzanian today.  I found a cup and a half of high test is my limit.  I guess Koochiching County is opening up their accesses and Wheelers Point is already open.  At least that is what I heard.  It is going to hit the fan here now.  Be safe.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...…….yep looks like a really nice dat ahead. looks like outside time is in order for today!!!!! getting things together to head north Friday morning. looking forward to getting away.

wonder if boobers ran gunner off the road this morning!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
heeeeeeey is there a fishing contest this season. shut up glenn..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
heeeeeeey is there a fishing contest this season. shut up glenn..
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I think you need to be more worried about that Lee guy!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/22/20, 08:59:25 AM by glenn57 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning boys.  Ya looks like it is finally warming up for us.  May pull my drag around on the yard some more.  Kind of fun to do.  Having a cup of Tanzanian today.  I found a cup and a half of high test is my limit.  I guess Koochiching County is opening up their accesses and Wheelers Point is already open. At least that is what I heard.  It is going to hit the fan here now.  Be safe.
Heard that yesterday also. Luckily there aren't as many sturgeon fisher peeps as the walleye fisher peeps.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning boys.  Ya looks like it is finally warming up for us.  May pull my drag around on the yard some more.  Kind of fun to do.  Having a cup of Tanzanian today.  I found a cup and a half of high test is my limit.  I guess Koochiching County is opening up their accesses and Wheelers Point is already open. At least that is what I heard.  It is going to hit the fan here now.  Be safe.
Heard that yesterday also. Luckily there aren't as many sturgeon fisher peeps as the walleye fisher peeps.
question...….JB, and LPS do you guys chase sturgeon????? I never hear you talk about it???? never really remember you guys chase them big pike either> :scratch: :scratch:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Someday I would like to chase the sturgeon, but have not yet. I have chased the pike a few times, would like to do more of that too. Which Barry, have you heard if Zipple canceled their pike tournament? that would have been next weekend.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Checked planting depth on several fields yesterday. Ground has been working up very mellow especially the soybean ground. Guys here need to be a little careful on the ripped corn on corn tho as it's firmer underneath. Same guy, same planter yesterday where he'd planted on the bean ground it was planted 2". Corn on corn ground it was 1.5" - 1.75" and laying on top of the moisture not in it. OK if it rains but may emerge unevenly if it doesn't. Unloaded and stacked my hay last nite after chores. Decided aftrwards I'm getting too old for this  :bs: Something wrong with this picture. Should be fishing. I live 2 miles from a lake!  :scratch:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Checked planting depth on several fields yesterday. Ground has been working up very mellow especially the soybean ground. Guys here need to be a little careful on the ripped corn on corn tho as it's firmer underneath. Same guy, same planter yesterday where he'd planted on the bean ground it was planted 2". Corn on corn ground it was 1.5" - 1.75" and laying on top of the moisture not in it. OK if it rains but may emerge unevenly if it doesn't. Unloaded and stacked my hay last nite after chores. Decided aftrwards I'm getting too old for this  :bs: Something wrong with this picture. Should be fishing. I live 2 miles from a lake!  :scratch:
:scratch: maybe iffin ya'd spend less time with the gin bottle  :doah: :doah: just sayin.......and trying to help!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

does ruby get the net for ya?????

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Don't you have some tires to slash and knots to raise on some melons?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have caught Sturgys right where I live on the river Glenn.  May do more of it this year than I usually do.  I see them jumping a lot here.  I just looked JB and it looks like they canceled the Northern Tourney this year.  That may be fun to do sometime too.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...…….yep looks like a really nice dat ahead. looks like outside time is in order for today!!!!! getting things together to head north Friday morning. looking forward to getting away.

wonder if boobers ran gunner off the road this morning!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
LOL, nope didn't see him, maybe da border patrol turned dem fellas around..

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening guys, no border patrol for us today as we were in Austin by ~ 1:30 yday. Left there at 1 AM & was pullin in the drive here close to 7 & that's with 3 stops. The first two were for our bladder & the last was for fuel. We took our old route this time, 35E straight through the metro & we seen the fewest orange signs we've seen in 2-3 seasons. Been busy since we got here as we changed the wheeler, the lawn tractor, his bike over from winter mode & even did some wrenchin on the generator as it's battery went kaput. I seen 55* for the high today here. Only 1 seasonal place has somebody there so far, the rest(3) are residents. That's it for now, catch you later.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here going for 61...  sure was good getting the bike home and getting a ride yesterday!!!  got some lite rain in the area this morning and they say it could be like that all day into tonight...  have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys,  Cloudy here but looks like the rain will miss us.  I  would like to see a nice rainy day to green things up here.  I started making a pile of brush on the wifes burning spot yesterday.  Cleaning up the straw on the septic tank too.  Nice to get that done.  I bet it feels good to be at the lake Gunner.  You will have to go raid Glenn's beef fridge.  LL  Looking forward to the draft tonight..  I better see when it actually starts.   Have a great day all of you!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here heading for right around 50 today. Had a good night last night. I went for a walk in the woods where I had that ladder stand grow legs. And low and behold I managed to find where the prick put it. Must have used it for muzzled loader hunting. Not everything was there. Missing the bottom ladder section and the brace that goes from the ladder to the tree. But the main part of the stand is there. I can make a new ladder section and brace. Now I really want to go threw that area with a fine tooth comb and see if I can find the other stand I had disappear in that same area. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man it would be fun to catch him on a trail cam.  Maybe he will use it again.  ??  So Mike I ran the me getting a Harley theory past the wife last night.  Just to make sure I just ran it past her again this morning.  I guess it ain't gonna happen.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Once I had her interested in a trike.  There was a nice looking one at a sportshow at Duluth one year. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Man it would be fun to catch him on a trail cam.  Maybe he will use it again.  ??  So Mike I ran the me getting a Harley theory past the wife last night.  Just to make sure I just ran it past her again this morning.  I guess it ain't gonna happen.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Once I had her interested in a trike.  There was a nice looking one at a sportshow at Duluth one year.
you get her on one you will have one in a heart beat!!!  and nothing wrong with a trike too!!!  good luck!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the one we saw at Duluth was a Victory.  Seems like it was at a Polaris booth area.  They were Victory weren't they?  Dark blue metallic.  Real nice. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very well could be, but they stopped making them to focus on making Indian bikes..

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 30* last I looked & guess it's 'sposed to be a bit warmer today. Yeah LPS, it does feel good to be up here & I'm not gonna waste my time checkn glenn's beer fridge 'cause he told me more than once that he doesn't dare leave any at the cabin as it always disappears. We have a little snow in the south side of the driveway & the ditches on that side. Guess we're headed in to GR today as we need a battery for the generator ASAP. It'll be a quick 1 though, Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......few dribbles of rain when I walked out to get the paper.

ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :rocker; throw some stuff in the truck, hook up the trailer and i can be up and gone 1/2 hour after I get up. :happy1: :happy1:

gunners right...…...any beer left up there is my moms and gawd only knows how old and often that was cold and warm.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
jerkbait, my guess it if you look around enough you will probably find the other parts.  Hard to imagine why somebody would just take those parts.
Good luck.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday I went for another 4+ mile hike in my woods.  Along with unsuccessfully searching for sheds, I gathered up stand cushions, a couple swivel chairs and some camo fabric. It became quite a load by the time I headed back. The last mile was brutal. Still it was a great day in the woods.

Another beaver pond.

Remnants of a disgruntled buck

View from stand

Looks like a good spot for a stand...

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 39 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Looks like rain heading in tomorrow a.m. so everyone who's planting today will have their ears pinned back and be givin' 'er hell. Saw deer remnants yesterday deadeye when I was scouting alfalfa at the neighbors. A couple carcasses, probably road kill that boar must've missed on his way thru.  ;) Also little piles of wild coffee beans.  :scratch: Sure was a nice day. 78 at one point. Better get back at 'er. Feel like a gopher. All I do is dig up people's corn.  :confused: 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You had 78 degrees???  WOW!!