Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4970413 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite mild this morning but a cold wind is suppose to be coming. Son and daughter in law coming today from KC with our granddaughter so we're getting the old farm house warmed up. This is my last weekend off work after my surgery, somewhat looking forward to getting back.

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great day yesterday at the land with my friend and the youth (12 years old) he will be (is) mentoring for the Youth Deer Hunt.  We did some practice scouting, climbed into various deer stands, did some shooting to get used to the gun and I'm sure the highlight of the trip was he got to drive a 4 wheeler for almost an hour covering fields, trails and woods. Nice kid. 
Today it's back to the hide grind. Plan to collect and process more hides for habitat.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here and real windy!!!  been howlin for a few hours now..  temp is going to stay the same or drop I think...  roony, post surgery must have gone good, that's great!!  JB congrats to the grandson on the deer!!!  all I have today is a few house hold things to do...  easy day over all!!!   have a good day all!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 35* for us & we're headed for about 43* here today. We've got a backyard full of leaves off our big maples so I started to take some of 'em out the the spot the city has for yard waste. It's only 5-6 blocks away & I only have our old recycle bins to move 'em with. That's all from this side of the border, enjoy your Sunday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes it is windy as heck here.  Got a skiff of snow too.  Yesterday I put a backwashable water filter before our regular filter in the basement.  I'm an ex water treatment plant operator so can't have enough filters you know.  lol  I ran out of propane for my torch.  Those 1 lb bottles.  Had 2 in the camper but forgot to take one out.  They are $7.49 ea. at the hardware store with a sign that says limit of 4!!!  UNREAL!!  The last time I bought them they were about 3 or 4 $.  It is snowing hard as heck right now.  ???  Gonna take it easy today and watch football.  The wife is making beef stroganoff for us today. Love that stuff.  Well have a good one boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........holy hannah is it windy!  :shocked: Gunner?.........you sure your still not up in itasca county?????? :evil: :rotflmao: this wind is coming from that way!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

not sure whats on the agenda for today. watch the vikings get beat up by the packers i guess.  i'll find something i'm sure.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Breeze is starting to pick up. Lotsa putz projects on tap again today after overachieving yet again yesterday. Got my honeydew stuff out of the way in the forenoon. Nice day so changed the oil on the tractor & skidsteer, greased 'em both then greased the chitspreader so it's ready to go whenever I am. Got the mower out and ground up the leaves that would likely wind up back in the road cut. By then it was choretime. Today, should fuel up the tractor, put the bale spear on it, move a couple bale feeders, then plop a couple round bales in the main lot. If I get overly ambitious I can take a nap!   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
awe man that anal neighbor of mine cracks me up..he's an idiot!!!!! in a humorous kinda way.

yesterday he's out bagging the leaves in his yard, knowing it was going to be windy as all get out today....... :crazy: :doofus:

a neighbor across the street must of went on a trip cause i havent seen him for a good month and he's pretty good  about taking care of his yard, anyway he hasnt picked up any leaves.

today anal neighbor is out there and he was mulching the leaves on the street along the curb, then did about 4-5  passes with his lawnmower in that guys yard, now he's doing his yard all over again!!!!! :rotflmao: so all them mulched leaves on the street will plug up the storm drains.......... :pouty: :surrender:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: looks like Reb divorced us for iceshanty!🥴🤔 :pouty: :confused:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Turn that frown upside down Glenn..
« Last Edit: November 11/21/21, 07:29:15 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
say what!!!   he told snow he was done with the internet I thought??   maybe I misunderstood...   :scratch:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents....dang cold out the door 15 degrees,typical hurry up late for work rush @ 6am...

good grief, cruise set at 65mph....and it's get the hell outof the way slow poke...

Naw,ole Reb will be back,just taking a break,more than anything the snipping from the same few wears on him ...so he's taking a breather,not to mention he was having a couple health issues I think,doctor app'ts and such.

You guy's up nord sure had cold temps yesterday and this morning,single digits.yikes!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 16 here and hopin for 32 today..  have to get the leaf blower going today..  the NW winds piled a bunch on the sidewalk by the garage...  not sure what all I have going today but that's fine..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 11 when I went out the door this morning. Supposed to get up into the 20s I think. Yesterday morning we never got above 18. When we went out hunting I had looked at the weather station and thought it said 26. It did, but I was looking at the wind speed. It was only 15 at the time. No deer were harmed yesterday. After the daughter and grandson left da wife and I kinda chilled. Decided to just go gather up the ground blinds and call it a season. We have plenty of venny. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.. 18 here, makin ice!! :happy1: ganna get out and gather up leaves this morning so they can haul them off, one last time. Shouldn't take long.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 17 here and felt great to sleep in, coffee is all but wrapped up.  Gots the week off but have lots going on. Gonna zip up the yard also Glenn but our compost pick up is over fir the year so it'll most likely go to the garden.  Bring the lab back to the vet, hair cut, dot physical,  put the patio furniture away, run and grab a log splitter and I might start going thru my ice gear. Sheez, almost feel like Dotch in a way!!  :laugh: Gotta go back to work to take a break..  :rotflmao: Anywho, See ya!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The wife saw 10 when she got up at 6.  Was already up to 11 when I got up.  Was real windy yesterday so no ice on the river until this morning.  More shore ice now and there is a 20 yard wide ice sheet in the middle.  Will have to start a fire in the garage today.  So Bobber are you buying a wood splitter?  I can't believe youse guys are messing with leaves yet.  Since that first snow a week or two ago it is like mid winter here.  All white and cold out.  JB I bet it was cold out there.  Brrr.  Well mayhaps a second cup of java.  SO now Shadows brother has a new thing going on.  He now just goes and opens up the garbage can and the dog food container whenever he wants.  They are right next to each other and are those plastic 14 gallon things.  We would hear this thump now and then and realized he wasn't with us so knew he was up to something.  So we just don't let either one get full now. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The wife saw 10 when she got up at 6.  Was already up to 11 when I got up.  Was real windy yesterday so no ice on the river until this morning.  More shore ice now and there is a 20 yard wide ice sheet in the middle.  Will have to start a fire in the garage today.  So Bobber are you buying a wood splitter?  I can't believe youse guys are messing with leaves yet.  Since that first snow a week or two ago it is like mid winter here.  All white and cold out.  JB I bet it was cold out there.  Brrr.  Well mayhaps a second cup of java.  SO now Shadows brother has a new thing going on.  He now just goes and opens up the garbage can and the dog food container whenever he wants.  They are right next to each other and are those plastic 14 gallon things.  We would hear this thump now and then and realized he wasn't with us so knew he was up to something.  So we just don't let either one get full now.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea well, coopers brother has been a piece of work too.  :doah: he is really good at cleaning out dishes in the sink and off the cupboard.  :bonk: we have resorted to needing to put the butter dish up in the upper cupboards, or any other food. cause that turd can reach all the way to the wall.

we have the dogs food stored in plastic containers. the shelties food is in a 3 lb coffee container.  shadows is in one of those older 11 lb treat containers.....he learned to be able to get the lod open with his nose......damn dog  :rotflmao: but doesnt mess with it now that we put the shelties food on top.

AND every time he's fed...he grabs his bowl and heads off with it, like i'm suppose to play keep away!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: dipstick!!!!1

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 17 here and felt great to sleep in, coffee is all but wrapped up.  Gots the week off but have lots going on. Gonna zip up the yard also Glenn but our compost pick up is over fir the year so it'll most likely go to the garden.  Bring the lab back to the vet, hair cut, dot physical,  put the patio furniture away, run and grab a log splitter and I might start going thru my ice gear. Sheez, almost feel like Dotch in a way!!  :laugh: Gotta go back to work to take a break..  :rotflmao: Anywho, See ya!!
:pouty: :pouty: you get all the vacation!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys, 16* here & goin for 36* today. Got some more leaf detail here as well. City has been done for a while so I'll just haul out a few at a time. A couple other errands I'd like to do as well. No more now, have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am on the jury duty list for 3 months I think it is Gunner.  I have had the cases canceled two times so far.  I have never made it past the jury picking process.  I have been notified maybe 6 times in my life that I am in the program. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I was notified back in June that I would be on the list for July but I was able to get it delayed by emailing the person in charge & explaining that I was in northern MN so I would have to come home in order to take part. Told her we normally aren't back here until late Oct or early November & she emailed me back saying she'd postponed it 'til January. :happy1: :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i was picked once for jury duty. when i was at the union hall.........i was busier then heck with negotiations at the time. your secretary at the time wrote up a dandy letter saying i was a critical part of the operation at that time.   :happy1:

i ended up having to pick one day during that week, but was never called!!!!!!1 :happy1:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Knock on wood I havnt been picked.  Naw lps I was gonna rent one, the kid and I don't mind swinging an ax but I got a bunch of ash from the neighbors and it's so friggin stringy I had to use the sledge and wedges to split it, done fighting it..lol.
« Last Edit: November 11/22/21, 08:33:45 AM by Bobberineyes »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 13 for an overnite low, 18 at choretime, heading for a high in the mid-30's. Overachieved again yesterday. Gotta be careful or the wife will come to expect it. Took care of the rest of her pots and planters, pulled the 4 o'clock bulbs, then collected all the ear corn from test plots, yield estimates, soil sampling, etc., and put it in outdoor storage where the small woodland creatures can't get at it, until I say so. Later afternoon, despite all the wind, decided to move feeders & plop two bales in the lot. Involves on & off the tractor a dozen times going thru gates, etc. Miss my gate watching dog on days like that. Sheep gnawed on the bales overnite & went back out to the pasture this a.m. Not as hungry as they let on.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Knock on wood I havnt been picked.  Naw lps I was gonna rent one, the kid and I don't mind swinging an ax but I got a bunch of ash from the neighbors and it's so friggin stringy I had to use the sledge and wedges to split it, done fighting it..lol.

I like ash.  Nice hard wood.  I cut and split a lot of elm.  That is very stringy.  Love my wood splitter. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I need to get our wood splitter running again. I think the carb has been sitting on my bench for about 5 years now.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It should be ready then JB.. LOL  I have some projects in waiting too. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,nice change out the door,28degrees and shootin for 50 later today.

good day to all,might BBQ this evening,nice little pork steak callin my name all happy in a dry rub since yesterday.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 18 here this AM and heading for 40 today. Last night I started processing the 3 deer that are hanging. I will work on that again tonight. Then plan to mix up some sausage so we can stuff it on turkey day and start smoming away. Got new tires and a alignment done on the wife's traverse yesterday. Ouch is all I can say. 10 Benjamin's and I was out the door. Crying like a little school girl. I see we have a new update on the Obiden OSHA mandate here at work. Time to go check that  :bs: out. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.