Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dishwasher  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear and know! Hopefully you charged him for the Q tips...

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Interesting for sure. I will keep that in mind next time one of my kids calls and says "my (insert XXXX here) is not working".
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I have an old gas fireplace that wouldn't start.  I opted for DIY, so I took the model number an purchased a replacement pilot light assembly.  C'ept my fireplace was so old that it wasn't 'modular' like the replacement part.  Mine had separate pilot light components that were all soldered and epoxied into place.  The new part could have been made to work if I would have pulled out the whole unit to work on it, but I didn't want to do that.

Enter YouTube.  I saw a video where if you simply use a bar straw and a pipe cleaner to blow-out/clean-out the gas flow "thingy" it would light.  Sure enough, it did. 

Fortunately I was able to return the part (this time) and it was fixed for free!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My fireplace needs work too.  The glass gets black so something is wrong. We don't use it anymore.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I would guess it is something to do with the air ratio to gas mixture. Not sure where to start looking though.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I wondered.  It was natural gas converted to LP. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, if there is not enough oxygen, it burns sooty.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So I have a direction to look now. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got a real nice pellet heating stove when the prices went through the roof.  It worked real good but I had to clean that glass twice a day.  To keep on topic I just loaded the dishwarsher.  LOL

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We got a real nice pellet heating stove when the prices went through the roof.  It worked real good but I had to clean that glass twice a day.  To keep on topic I just loaded the dishwarsher.  LOL
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gotta watch that Barry guy like a hawk!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Bonus

• Outdoorsman
We have a dishwasher,  the water and waisted from rinsing of the dishes, one could just as well has wash. And ya gota empty it too.

Any dishwasher manufactured in the last 15 to 20 years uses less water if run an average of 1.5 times a day than you use hand washing dishes 3 times a day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a dishwasher,  the water and waisted from rinsing of the dishes, one could just as well has wash. And ya gota empty it too.

Any dishwasher manufactured in the last 15 to 20 years uses less water if run an average of 1.5 times a day than you use hand washing dishes 3 times a day.
with just the 2 of us in the house we might run it once every 3 days. unless i get carried away making a mess in the kitchen!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

on a side note......ran it for the first time since the tech was out.....i'm impressed with how it finally cleaned the dishes!!!! :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/10/23, 09:13:44 AM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO Glenn you brought up the dishwarsher thing.  Mine quit working today and you know how much I depend on it.  I was ready to start buying new dishes by the case and just throw them out when dirty.  Took the whole fricking thing out to find out it was a bad wire in the electrical box.  It is back in action and so am I.  HH may come early today.  LOL  Uncanny huh? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
SO Glenn you brought up the dishwarsher thing.  Mine quit working today and you know how much I depend on it.  I was ready to start buying new dishes by the case and just throw them out when dirty.  Took the whole fricking thing out to find out it was a bad wire in the electrical box.  It is back in action and so am I.  HH may come early today.  LOL  Uncanny huh?
i know.....its friggin maddening when something doesnt work and then find out its something minor!!!!! :bonk: :bonk:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our old one was from the ice age but  still worked.  We just upgraded about 4 years ago. Super quiet compared to the old one.  Just so ironic that after I expressed my love for my dishwarsher and she went on strike.  I was jinxed!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
i know.....its friggin maddening when something doesnt work and then find out its something minor!!!!! :bonk: :bonk:

I know! Same thing happens when I run out of gin!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman