Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4980815 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My mom, God rest her soul, was always the anchorman when she was in the boat. That's where she preferred to sit. She always caught fish. She was handling that anchor when she was past her mid 80's and its a heavy anchor.That woman really loved to fish. I sure miss her.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The women don't touch anchors in our boat, the back one is a beast but the front one is electric.  But I tell ya something about anchoring attracts fish, must be the stirring of sediment on the lake bottom.  As always late afternoon peoples,  put in my mandatory once a year Saturday at work today, got home noonish wanting a nap but momma made me change out the upstairs toilet, while I was at it take apart the sink drain and fish out globs of hair ( not mine) and then go after the tub drain...Sheez I feel like Dotch in away..lol. Anywho congrats Glenn and Mrs! I'm hankering wings so best get the pellet grill ready...See ya!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
She wanted to. She always let it down nice and easy. It did give her a little control if I wanted to move and she didn't.
« Last Edit: April 04/20/24, 05:20:14 PM by roony »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The women don't touch anchors in our boat, the back one is a beast but the front one is electric.  But I tell ya something about anchoring attracts fish, must be the stirring of sediment on the lake bottom.  As always late afternoon peoples,  put in my mandatory once a year Saturday at work today, got home noonish wanting a nap but momma made me change out the upstairs toilet, while I was at it take apart the sink drain and fish out globs of hair ( not mine) and then go after the tub drain...Sheez I feel like Dotch in away..lol. Anywho congrats Glenn and Mrs! I'm hankering wings so best get the pellet grill ready...See ya!!!
thanks boober!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: yep that stirrin up da bottom helps...... the good fishermen like me  :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1: do it in the winter too....bounce that jig off da bottom now and then.

well got done with the anniversary supper and errands.....stopped and had a couple refreshments at Winners.....and momma still home in time to watch the wheel!!!! :rolleyes: :surrender:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well done Glenn.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Awesome, but did you take her to Burger King or splurge & go to Hardees??  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome, but did you take her to Burger King or splurge & go to Hardees??  :scratch:
:rotflmao: Hardee's was our 30th,  ya know when your flannel friend shut everything down! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Went to LaCasitas. Momma like Mexican food.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, been a long time since I ate there, but remember it was good!!   31 here and going into the upper 50's today..   I did get a few things done yesterday so that means not as much for today maybe!!  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, got 30 here & we might see 58. Found a bad belt on part of the blower set up yday, luckily, we had a spare so that got changed out. A couple other things came off my list too. Probably go for a paper here in a bit & I'd like to at least get the roll-out dock bolted back together early today too. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have 32 and may see 61 if all goes well.  The wind isn't howling yet anyways.  I checked the dock out yesterday and still not enough water to float it off the mud.  May be some rain during the week.  Need to fill bird feeders again today.  I see the thistle feed is pretty low.  Gonna bring a couple of bales out to Bucko just to get them used up.  Then I will burn the remains once it greens up.  That is kind of fun too. Well you all have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers........lookin like a nice kinda outside day. got me some projects started i wanna finish. son stopped over, his friend tore down a deck and has some 2 X 8 X12 treated lumber to give away so....going to get that this afternoon. deer stand material.......let the DNR  blow that up! :evil: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Tanzanian coffee tastin mighty fine this morning!!!!!!!! :happy1: 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Looks like about 30° on the old thermometer. Sunny and not much wind . I see it's going to be a bad day to burn. Might be a good day to till a garden.
      Stay safe everyone.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35 here and heading for mid 50s today. Looking at the forecast and trying to decide whether to keep the wood boiler going or shut it down for the season. Still showing some 40s in the forecast. Worked on spring cleaning yesterday. Not fun dusting off the log siding on the walls. Need to vacuum off deer heads this morning and get them put back up. The sun is really starting to fade them. Wonder if there is a way to recolor them? Other than new hides. Plan to go look at a used GMC Envoy today. High miles, but my blazer has 312,000 on it. Who knows when that might give in. The Envoy has 275,000 on it. But it is cheap. Back to coffee and cleaning. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'  fellow gulag comrades! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Got most of my agenda accomplished yesterday except unloading the feed. Do that & on to taking the chains off the tractor then finish the clean up on the backyard. A little more coffee & I should be ready to rock... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Birds fed.  They ate the feeder clean in a day and a half.  I better keep a better eye on it.  Bucko has two new bales and did some yard cleanup.  So JB when you don't burn wood then you go all electric?  I have had bear hides hanging up here and the sun faded the heck out of them. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Made home from Hinkley, sitting at restaurant waiting for breakfast. Had a good time last night won a CVA 50cal. Gas prices were nuts. $3.44 in Milaca, then $2.94 in Melrose. I thought the Alex gas cartel was bad. Eggs here now, later……. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice win!!!   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Birds fed.  They ate the feeder clean in a day and a half.  I better keep a better eye on it.  Bucko has two new bales and did some yard cleanup.  So JB when you don't burn wood then you go all electric?  I have had bear hides hanging up here and the sun faded the heck out of them.
We have no backup heat. We have a couple of them little oil filled electric radiator looking heaters that we use sometimes. Hoping this summer I can get the propane boilers installed and then we will be in propane. At least until tampon Timmy outlaws that.
Nice score on the muzzy Mark.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 40 here and heading for mid 50s again today. It was sure nice yesterday. We decided to shut down the wood boiler. May have to fire it back up for next week. But we will see. Went and looked at the Envoy, but passed on it. To big. I need to find another S10 Blazer. Smaller size for running around out in the woods and more ground clearance.  Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 43 here and should see the 60's today..  some wind already too..  in other words still windy..  got a few things to do today...  got a couple small things done already...   have a good day all!!   

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  First time in a while the lake is flat.  Dang thing is just calling me.   But sounds like that is going to change this afternoon.. Need to move some dirt around in the driveway today.  I have a couple potholes that are starting to remind me of the city streets.  Going to fill them and lay some crushed concrete over the top.  We'll that's the plan anyway.   Have a good day all.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to dig the 1050 Cub Cadet out today and check it out. Try to de-thatch the back yard and in front of the house too. Rack up a couple of rock piles left over from plow too. After that a FF run to get one of those expanable gates for the basement so the cats have a "safe haven" from Lenny. They should be able to get through it he can't. He just learned how to go down the steps. Have a great Monday everyone, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is 33 with 62 on the way later on.  It is a nice morning.  We had a great fire yesterday.  We all needed it.  The dogs are free to run around whilst we are out there so they love it too.  Twins lost.  Have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 45 here already & we could see 62 this afternoon. Got the roll-out dock bolted back together yday & noticed 1 of the posts has a little more curve in it than I like, so that's probably project #1 today. Been raking up some of the leaves from the flower beds & got a couple piles of sticks around some trees too. So I'll clean that up before the wind blows it all over again. Brother has got a little wiring he's doing out in the new shed, so I'll see if another hand is needed there as well. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Woke up to 39° and the winds are already picking up. Another wind advisory. They say gusts to 45 mph.
      Got all three gardens tilled yesterday.
      Stay safe everyone.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Splttttttt! Feel like sh it going back to bed
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Splttttttt! Feel like sh it going back to bed
That doesn't sound promising. Hope you get better quick.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Got everything done I set out to do yesterday. Feed unloaded, backyard completely cleaned up & took the chains off the tractor. Now it will snow a foot. Had another lamb yesterday. It's tiny & the ewe has huge tits so it's hard for the lamb to hook on without grabbing her and milking her out. She's ornery so that doesn't help. I caught one in the ribs this morning. That's gonna leave a mark. Farmers are in "nuts" mode. Common sense becomes an endangered species. Forecast looks like some serious rain heading this way starting Thursday nite. I remind them that we had some pretty tremendous crops the past two growing seasons planted in May. Brings some back to reality for a few minutes anyway. For others, there's just no hope.

Get better boar! Still lots of crud going around.   
« Last Edit: April 04/22/24, 11:49:25 AM by Dotch »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you feel better Boarski!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers........this 7 hour day stuff kinda suxs!!!!! :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: mondays are like that! got a few things i'd like to do today.....nap first!!!!! :happy1: