Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4973220 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 41 here and heading for mid 40s. Still drizzling. Think we had 3/3" of rain last night. Forgot to look this morning. We are heading for Little Falls this morning. Going to Reed's Gun fair. Try and find a shotgun for the granddaughter for her graduation coming up. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......looks soggy out. main plans is head to Paynesville to cash in aluminum can rumor has it there 45 cents a lb now.

then head to check my asparagus patch out by new london. had a couple popping up at home the other day!!!!!!

yesterday i picked up a big roll of hard salami, meat manager said its pretty good, the Deli kinda stuff, so thats gonna get run threw the slicer and vacum packed today. it like 9.99 in the deli dept but was 2.99 a lb.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. 52° and cloudy. Only .75" of rain in the gauge.
      No idea what might be on the agenda for today. I didn't do a whole lot yesterday, now that I think about it. I hope this isn't a trend.
      Stay safe everyone.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 45 at choretime, heading for a high in the low 60's. .39" of rain at the ranch & .44" in Bugtussle proper. Still have hay to unload yet as it was raining about the time I backed the trailer up to the barn door yesterday. Need to make a feed run too. Late afternoon I'm taking the Stude out (I think) to M C's Garage in Mankato. Sort of a nostalgic 50's theme type place I'm told. Prolly get dizzy finding it because of all the roundabouts in Mankato. Ridiculous. The Mrs. can't go so might pick up the one octogenarian on the way if he wants to go. He's been struggling since his wife died about a year ago. Said he hadn't cleaned any of his cars up or had them out the other day. If he has one ready and wants me to ride along that's fine otherwise he can ride with me. Anything to get him out and involved. He has a short fuse sometimes so it's usually better if someone else drives.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Da warden and I went to the save big money store in Mankato. I decided it might be fun to see Dotch and his famous Stude. No Dotch and no Stude. I think it's been about two years since I saw him so I thought I could handle it. Maybe next time....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Da warden and I went to the save big money store in Mankato. I decided it might be fun to see Dotch and his famous Stude. No Dotch and no Stude. I think it's been about two years since I saw him so I thought I could handle it. Maybe next time....
with his bride not along for supervision,  who knows what he got into.  :scratch: maybe he went to Inger? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
or Mettler's in down town Mankato!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good ol Mettlers.  Is it still open Mike? Used to hit it back in the early 70's   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
last I heard it was the last strip club there...  maybe we crossed paths back then!!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Metty's is still there. Oddly enough I've never been there. I've been to Lookers in Carlos tho. As a wise man once said, never $hit too close to the house... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 43 and that could be the high today today too...  saying rain for sure today again and some wind of course..  not much on the agenda for today...  a just go with the day I think!!   have a good day all!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  35 with a high of 56 today.  Rain later tonight.  We hit Mettlers back in the 72-75 era.  Were visiting buddies at college.   :sleazy:  Doesn't get much more fun than that.  No big plans for the day.  I see the trees are not moving for a change.  I found another pkg of those big beef ribs in the deep freeze so they get the nod today.  I see the Twins play at 3 so it is during our awake hours thank goodness.  The wife wants to shampoo the carpet today.  That is not code for anything, she really wants to shampoo the carpet.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Cooper is having issues pooping I think.  Had us up a few times during the night.   I will take him running with the Ranger later to see if that helps.  Other than that let's all have a great day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 36 here & we're headed for 51. No rain here until tonight is what the hourly is saying. Got some company yday as the neighbor came up. So, we went out with him for some food & a couple cocktails. Probably go for a paper in a bit & will see what the day looks like after that. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......forecast looks like a wet one this afternoon...... says it could start about 11 here......better check what needs to be down outdoors first. some garage time also...........thinking i'll finish the boat, change lower unit oil too!!!!!! started cleaning up the motor, think i'll finish that too!!!!!

my chocolate lab had that happen once. i was gone for some reason......probably work, wife had to take him to doggy ER!! he got roto rootered!! :doah: thats when i quit giving my hounds beef bones!!! my black lad would have no issues!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Shot fairly well yesterday. Tied for first on the singles with a 95, shot a 78 in hdcp, and a 82 in dbls. Not too bad for the first targets since Sept. Was a bit chilly and breezy too. Playing catch with the dog now. It's a morning thing with him. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here and heading for 48 it says. Stuff wind coming off of the lake. Some pretty good rollers again today. We had a good time at the gun fair yesterday. Found what we were looking for. We got some pistol ammo too. Not as many vendors there this year as last year. But, still good. Also stopped at Theilens in Little Falls and picked up polish sausage seasoning. So we are set for this fall now. We stopped at Cyrus resort for supper when we got back up here. They have probably the best burgers around. We made it home about 10 last night. I believe some more spring cleaning will be on the agenda here today. But going to make omelettes for breakfast first. Have a good one boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Shot fairly well yesterday. Tied for first on the singles with a 95, shot a 78 in hdcp, and a 82 in dbls. Not too bad for the first targets since Sept. Was a bit chilly and breezy too. Playing catch with the dog now. It's a morning thing with him. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
i try and throw the training dummy 2-3 times a week at least with Shadow.......gets him the exercise he needs and makes him less hyper at night!!!! :rotflmao: plus after the run he is more calm to brush him!!!!!! but man he goes bonkers when he sees the training dummy!!!!!!  :scratch: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is great Glenn.   :happy1:  I have heard that Cyrus has a darn good prime rib but haven't made it up there for it yet. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, haven't had their prime yet. I really like Rocky points prime rib.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 44 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-50's. Nothing measurble overnite for precip but see it's starting to rain.  Survived the car club outing. The octogenarian frove his '57 T-Bird & only had a couple minor grumpies. At least he avoided any full blown tantrums. Went to MC's Garage in Mankato. Burger joint. Was decent & service was good. Had a beer afterwards at the octogenarian's place when we got back. Lost his wife almost a year ago. Poor guy gets pretty lonely so need to have someone to talk to. Told me one of the things he's learned is that living alone you no longer have to put the toilet seat down.  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
funny thing is that I still put it down!!   habits!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
MEH..my wife is on here own!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
MEH..my wife is on here own!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

no wonder she spends so much time away from you!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  A cool and windy morning here this morning.  Was hoping for more rain overnight but we got none.   Just a house chore day here today.  Some yard work and maintenance today.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 49 with rain on the way. Cut the front yard the otter day and cut the back yesterday, fertilized and put down some seed to boot. I play fetch with the pooches daily and they love it. Speaking of pooches the oldest dropped off his 95# beast yesterday for a sleep over, it's funny watching him outside with Maisy the pup, he constantly watches the fence for other dogs, always on guard..lol. The whipper snapper and her boyfriend are coming over later fer lasagna and will bring the golden retriever so it'll be chaos I'm sure, he don't put up with Maisy's little attitude one bit, it's good for her tho.  Best run....see ya!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds so fun Bobb.  My grass right along the south side of the house grows 5 times as fast as the other grass.  It needs mowing.  Better get the mower out this week.  Reb's would be shaking his head that I wasn't on it already.  LOL 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 and wind blown rain this morning. Supposed to make 38 today. Wind is blowing up to 18 straight off of the lake. Sounds like snow mixing in with the rain too. Good day to go to work I guess. We need the moisture, but could sure do without the hail force winds. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I thought it was almost 7 till after I brushed my teeth and went for my coffee.  It is only 6.  LOL  Well the grass is really green now.  We have about 3/8" of rain so far.  Only 34 out too. Not a good day to play outside.  May start the painting project in the office.  We shall see. You all have a good day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 here and might see 43 today...  and still raining here, wind has settled down for now...   I'll check the rain gauge a bit later..  unless I have something to do in the garage it will be an inside day here too...    have a good day all!!