Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 113539 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Should have a game on soon wouldn't you think?  How long is preseason?  I watched more Twins last year and the year before than I have in my entire life.  The wife too.  We really enjoy them.  At first I thought who the heck needs that many games but there is a seasonal time slot that they fill with them.  I have said this before.  I am amazed at how many injuries there are in baseball. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I believe there are 34 preseason games. I don't know if that includes split squad games.
I don't have Bally this year so it will be all radio for me, i'm good with that.
I must say you really need to be die hard to wanna watch early season preseason games. These are kids who will never be heard from again.   :smiley:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed so 34 preseason games for each team.  That is a lot of games.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm not sure if it's a typo or what but I only counted 33 games in the Twins preseason schedule & I counted 'em 3 times. :confused: Their 1st game is today & the last is 3/26 with only 2 off days. There's 3 days where it appears that they play split squad games in there too. I like to see what young guys are getting an early look & see if any of 'em are thought to have a chance to make the big squad by season's end. None of the Twins games are listed as televised but I looked at 3-4 team's preseason schedules & the only games listed were the ones on ESPN's own network.  :rolleyes: https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/min/minnesota-twins
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Twins will carry 8 games on TV and 20 more on radio. Here is the schedule of all the spring games. Scroll down to see the entire schedule. First TV game is March 12....

https://www.si.com/mlb/twins/news/twins-announce-spring-training-broadcast-schedule
« Last Edit: February 02/24/24, 08:42:43 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I see from your post, Ken, that game #34 was actually an "Exhibition" with the Gophers yday. :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins and Yankees on MLB right now!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twins are acquiring Margot from the Dodgers as a back-up for Buxton. Cheaper than Taylor.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Twins are "The Little Engine that Could" again...

I think I can.  I think I can.  I think I can.   :coffee:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The season opener is < 2 weeks away (03/28) & everybody plays that day, weather permitting. They play today @ 12:05 & BSNOR has coverage. I probably won't watch the whole game but I'm sure I'll check it out a few times. :happy1: :cool:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'll admit I haven't paid much attention to this point. Maybe once the season gets going I will. For me the whole season will boil down to Correa, Buxton & Paddack. If all 3 have healthy productive seasons the Twins should cruise into winning the division. KC will give them a tussle early and Detroit is slowly putting things together also. Cleveland is Cleveland and the White Sux......well they'll get what they deserve this year.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm hoping Ryan, Ober, Paddack & the guy they got from SF, DeSclafani, stay healthy & give us some innings. Varland will probably get some more work as a starter too. It seems like they added some depth to the bullpen, I just hope they don't burn 'em all out by July & August. :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've watched a couple preseason games in the last 5-6 days & I found out both Duran(oblique) & Thielbar(hamstring) are going to start the season on the IL.  :rolleyes:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't ever recall that happening in the "Old Daze" but it probably did.

Either that or today's bigger, stronger, faster athletes are strung so tight that they are simply more injury prone - like a thoroughbred horse.  They can't take being over-worked.  Its a delicate balancing act to keep them in top form.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said as a fairly new baseball fan I can't believe they have so many injuries. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They're probably in the air right now & should be in KC in the next 2-3 hours. Opening Day is Thursday, 1st pitch is scheduled for 3:10. BSNOR has it. https://www.ballysports.com/article/clt5vwpof000j12ahe4mragig TV schedule at the bottom.
« Last Edit: March 03/26/24, 07:05:24 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they're going to start the season with 4 pitchers on the IL. The guys they got from Seattle & KC, plus Thielbar & Duran. :sad: Hope that's not a sign of things to come. :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Pablo Lopez vs Cole Ragan @ Kauffman Stadium today, 3:10 1st pitch. :happy1: :cheerleader:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pablo Lopez vs Cole Ragan @ Kauffman Stadium today, 3:10 1st pitch. :happy1: :cheerleader:
:pouty: whoopdey doo........... :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, that didn't take long. Royce Lewis goes 2 for 2 with a home run the first time up. Then comes around third on a Correa double and comes up limping. Leaves the game. :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Good pitching and hitting when it counted.....4-1 win. :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/28/24, 05:58:19 PM by KEN W »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
4-1 win to go 1-0 for the season, off day tomorrow and back at it Saturday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
4-1 win to go 1-0 for the season, off day tomorrow and back at it Saturday.
well they can sell beer now...they didnt lose the opener!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :surrender: :bonk: :bonk:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lewis had an MRI post-game but no results yet.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kepler's X-ray came back negative, he's day-to-day. Still nothing more on Lewis.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
From yday's StarTrib...................The Twins made no announcement about their third baseman's condition on Friday, but it appears likely that Lewis will be placed on the injured list before their second game of the season Saturday afternoon. :rolleyes:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If it is a quad they will be very very cautious with him. They can go on for months being a problem.

Bad news is he got hurt, good news is they have depth in the infield.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, it probably means more PT for Farmer & Castro, I would guess. Hey, db, did you know that your favorite Twin of yesteryear ;) :smiley:, Miggy S., made the final cut with the Angels. :rolleyes: Seen part of 1 of their preseason games & thay said he's lost ~ 55-60lbs. :shocked:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Wow, 55-60 lbs is alot for anybody. While it will be good for his long term health it will do nothing to prevent him from flailing away at any slider on the outside. I'm guessing he is nothing more than a pinch hitter / DH at this point so if he gets 300 at bats he will strike out 90 times and hit 12 homeruns and drive in 24.