Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4969284 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess you can eat the roots.....or maybe not.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was going to say that too Roony but didn't want to look it up.  I think you can eat the root.   Similar to how stinging nettles are supposed to be a real good green once simmered in water.  Nah. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Brisk 50 degrees in International Falls this morning. They are guessing a high near 80 and sunny all day.

Missed summer here this year, went from winter to floods to fall. Well I'm sure we will have some more summer but the days are getting shorter on both ends already. On the upside the grass in the yard looks great!!

Step daughter and grandkids (11 & 13) getting here this afternoon for a couple of days. Be nice, don't get to see much of them anymore.

Have a safe day.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like Dutch said it is 50 here too.  The two foxes are trotting around the yard now and the dogs want to go chase them but we are keeping them in the house for now.  Yes the days are feeling fall like already.  When I lived in Luverne August was always hotter than heck.  Brutal when you worked outside.  Sept it started cooling off.  Here it's a month ahead of that.  July is hot and August starts cooling off.  The river is really going down now can tell each day it is lower.  Can you tell any difference yet JB?  Well have a good one and you have fun with your company Dutch. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 here now and looking for 82 today...  managed to get several things done yesterday..  even got my wheeler home finally..  going the Brainerd Costco this morning for a few things and Little Falls for Aldi's..  have a good day all...   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. About same temp here, 51 here this morning. Heading for 80 today. Warm again tomorrow and then 60s for the weekend. Yes, we are starting to see a drop in the lake level. The one rock at the neighbor's is sticking out about 4-5 inches now. It was completely under water before. Got the grass cut yesterday including the newly seeded area out by the lake. Seems to be doing alright. Back in the salt mines today. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 55* last I looked & I'm seein 79* for the high. We had some light mist here early yday afternoon & with that WNW wind it never really felt like 70* here until the wind backed off ~ 6 or 7. Went out early :fishing: again & got 1, but it wasn't a keeper. The sunrise was though. :cool: May mow a little today as there's a couple spots gettin shaggy. Got a load in the wash now too & it's about done, so I better run. Have good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 for an overnite low heading for a high in the low 80's. Drop dead gorgeous day today. Good day to go retrieve & replace the 1st set of rootworm beetle traps, at least a lot nicer than it was when I stuck the 1st batch out there. Need to make a feed run, count the bugs, do chores and then go to see The Nuge at the Freeborn Co. Fair. Great to see the lefties work themselves into a tizzy when he comes to town. Last time they had a protest in the park and wrote nastygrams to the Fair Board. Obviously didn't have the desired effect. He's back. Deal with it.   
« Last Edit: August 08/04/22, 10:36:23 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternnon fellers.........i'll see what kind of mischief i can get into the rest of the day!!!!  :sleazy: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy:it's Friday right??  :sleazy:  :evil: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good day for it Glenn!!!   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  dang it's been a great week out here in the mountains,  the four of us had a blast. Our original plan was to take our time and spend a night in Neb. on the way back but we all miss our pooches sooo we're taking off early,  hopefully we can shave off some time off the 15 hr. cruise. Anywho best get packing,  see ya on the flip side!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  dang it's been a great week out here in the mountains,  the four of us had a blast. Our original plan was to take our time and spend a night in Neb. on the way back but we all miss our pooches sooo we're taking off early,  hopefully we can shave off some time off the 15 hr. cruise. Anywho best get packing,  see ya on the flip side!!
:rotflmao: dang dawgs  :confused: but I'm hear ya big time. Safe travels bud!!!👍
« Last Edit: August 08/04/22, 07:29:00 PM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 and going for 91 today, another warm one...  got my costco run completed so that is good for a while now...  got a few things going on today, one is picking up some home made tamales!!!   that will be good eats...  have a good day all...    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Windy as heck from the south this morning.  67 now and a chance of storms popping up today.  Feels like it too.  Gonna cut some firewood today but nothing too strenuous.  I got the garden all cleaned up yesterday.  Picked 4 smaller cukes, no red maters yet.  Tied them up some more so they should be ok.  Pulled the romaine and put a small squash plant in the half barrel so will see what happens with that.  Will get the camper ready for a sleep out tonight if the storms aren't threatening by then.  Hope the wind goes down so we can have a fire later on too.  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......yep, gonna be a hot one again today..........YUCK!!!!!!!!!! a run into st cloud is on tap for today. dogs and birds need to eat, so a stop at the house of bargains, and the 11% rebate!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: may as well head to runnings to then. schucks!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Mornin all supposed to be a cool weekend, gona kick back and recover fromntue garage sale bbq some sparw ribs. Over did my hip last weekend and its swelled up and sore. Have a goodie
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Same weather as LPS here. TGIF!!! it was a long 2 day week for me.  :rotflmao: I could get used to that. Will be a putz around the house kinda weekend. Probably go look for some blue berries tomorrow. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we have 64* & headed for 89*, I'm hearin. :scratch: I went for another ride in the boat late AM yday, a little perch action but that's about it. This wind & direction will make the lake pretty choppy so there probably won't be any of that today. I mowed a couple small areas that don't grow very fast in the afternoon. The neighbor made it back up ~ 3:30, just in time for some HH. ;) :smiley: As usual, I've got a couple little things to get me going & after that............... :confused:. Don't overdo it in the heat today & hope you have a good Friday!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Need to grab some sticky traps out of some corn fields then take my pickup in for an oil change & tire rotation. Saw Uncle Ted last night. He's 74 now but can still bring it. He said some naughty words concerning some of our leadership so am sure that'll get some panties in a twist. Entertaining show. Tonite: 38 Special.
« Last Edit: August 08/05/22, 09:21:34 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got wood splitter running yesterday and split about half a cord. That was after I dropped the splitter on my left pinky finger and smashed the crap out it. Went to Dr. this morning and she put in three stitches and x-rayed to see if it was broken. Going to try to get some split today, but not if it gets smoking hot and humid. Might have to hit fleet for some lumber for new shelf in garage instead. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Dutchboy. You hear anything over there about a boating accident last night? Sounds pretty bad. Couple guys that used to work here.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Dutchboy. You hear anything over there about a boating accident last night? Sounds pretty bad. Couple guys that used to work here.

Ugh.  You might not want to read this.

Boat accident on Rainy Lake causes serious injuries

On 08/04/2022, at approximately 2119 hours, the Koochiching County Dispatch center received a 911 call of a boating accident on Rainy Lake near Franzen Island. The reporting party stated that he and another party were severely injured. The reporting party stated they had been boating when the motor came out of the water and injured them.

The Koochiching County Sheriff's Office, International Falls Police Department, International Falls Ambulance Service, and the Minnesota State Patrol all responded to the call. While enroute to the call, units were advised the boat with the victims was being towed by another boater to a residence on County Road 134. IFPD Officers arrived first and noted severe injuries to the victims and immediately began life saving measures. Officers and Deputies applied tourniquets to both victims and assisted medical personnel with loading the victims in the ambulance for transport to the Rainy Lake Medical Center. The victims were later transported by air ambulance to another location to receive additional trauma care.

A preliminary investigation found that the boat had struck a rock causing the boat motor to land in the boat between the operator and passenger. The motor was still running at this time and the propeller caused significant injuries to the passenger's right leg and significant injuries to the operator's left arm and left leg. Alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the accident.

The victims were identified as Joshua Urban, age 32, of International Falls and Nicholas Hagen, age 34, of International Falls. There is no further information on the status of their injuries at this time. The accident remains under investigation and no further information will be released at this time.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Steve.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is a bad one for sure...  ugh is right... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is crazy to play with badger like that.  :crazy:

Bad accident for sure. Josh is a cousin to a couple of guys here at work. Sounds like he has had 2 surgeries and going in for a 3rd. Guess he is stable now. No new info on Nick. Last we heard was not good. May not make it. Scary sad.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn will catch that badger!! 

JB that is really sad...  best to them

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man so glad to hear one of them is stable.  I can't imagine a big outboard running in the boat like that.  SO the hoses and wires were still hooked up.  It may have been jumping all over the place.  OUCH!!!   Sending good vibes to them. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Today's contestant from the gene puddle... :coffee:

https://twitter.com/joelkoskan/status/1555565401576247297?t=X-fGeyDFm8edQlc8AAPppw&s=01

That is cool as heck.  My brother lets critters go from his traps all of the time.  I sent this to him.  What good fun if you aren't the badger.