Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Home Improvement
« Last post by LPS on Today at 12:27:23 PM »
My project.
It was a complete success.
Anything & Everything / Re: Just funnies.....
« Last post by LPS on Today at 12:20:51 PM »
You got that right.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
General Discussion / Re: incoming weather
« Last post by Dotch on Today at 12:17:27 PM »
Just tallied our rainfall the past 7 days. We've had 3.74" at the ranch and 3.66" in Bugtussle. A lot of cash grain farmers in disbelief that it could suddenly be so wet as dry as it was this winter. True, it was a dry winter. However, we don't usually count on snow melt to recharge our soil moisture. Most years the ground is frozen and much of it runs off or collects in lakes and wetlands. We had generous precip after the crop was mature last fall the latter half of September and for the month of October. Then we got additional rainfall in December when the ground wasn't frozen. Any snow melt we had this winter went into the ground, perhaps an inch-worth in the local area. More rainfall accumulated in March and April before anything was planted. Talking to Soil Scientist Jeff Vetsch from the SROC back in mid-February, his calculations indicated that our top 2' of soil was already 80% full. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out. They're starting to get antsy which usually means it's time for me to get out the bullhorn and talk them down off the ledge. Still plenty of time and a plentiful supply of adapted corn hybrids and soybean varieties. These heavy clay loam soils from the Des Moines lobe can try your patience at planting time but they're a godsend when the chips are down come July and August. 
Sports Forums / Re: NBA Wolves
« Last post by Steve-o on Today at 12:08:48 PM »
Denver will adjust.  What will the Whoofies do?  We'll see soon enough.
Lawn & Garden / Re: 2024 gardens
« Last post by glenn57 on Today at 11:21:33 AM »
 :mooning: :rotflmao: it's a work in progress   :happy1: gonna hit it hard this afternoon.
Lawn & Garden / Re: 2024 gardens
« Last post by Gunner55 on Today at 11:02:40 AM »
Yeppers.. 2 cases of da good stuff   :happy1:
:scratch: I sure hope you can get it planted  .......................the sooner the better IMO!!!  :pouty: :rolleyes:  :doah:             ;) :smiley:
« Last post by Gunner55 on Today at 10:53:22 AM »
Yeah, Murray's pistol shooting taunt towards KAT was way worse than the 1 Ant got the T for. :doah: It seems like either Gobert or Towns is in foul trouble every game. Their plan of continually switching between McDaniels, Towns, & Gobert guarding Jokic worked pretty good yday. :cool: He still had 32 but he was 11-25 & only 2-9 from deep.
« Last post by Steve-o on Today at 10:14:28 AM »
I didn't see that coming after the cold shooting 1/2 way thru the 1st and all thru the 2nd - but they kept it close at the half.
That technical foul on Ant was :bs:

I wish Kat would stay out of foul trouble.
Pheasants-Upland Birds-Turkey-Grouse / Re: Oh, how frustrating can it be
« Last post by Steve-o on Today at 09:59:08 AM »
Turkey hunting breeds stories of frustration.  I don't remember if I already told this one here...

I was watching a tom pick his way along a fence line.  I was on the edge of the woods and I knew when he got to the intersection of the fence and the woods, he'd be right at my max range - so I had to wait. 

I was ready.  He was 5 yards away from where I was going to plug him - and seemingly for no reason - he took off running.  What did I do wrong?   :scratch:

5 minutes later I hear a 4-wheeler fire up down the valley.  It was my dad.  He told me he was going to get out of his blind at 4:00 PM sharp, which turned out to be 5 yards before too soon.   :doah:

And the best part was when we I got back to camp.  He asks me, "Did you ever see that tom that was working its way up the valley towards you?"   :undecided: :bonk:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10