Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 531353 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hate to see him go.  One heck of a tackler.  BUT what do I know. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Saints gave Derek Carr $150 million for 4 years plus a no trade. What do you think of Glenns Cousin Kirks deal now?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Saints gave Derek Carr $150 million for 4 years plus a no trade. What do you think of Glenns Cousin Kirks deal now?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Cousin Kirk is still overpaid for as far as he's got the team!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

he needs to give a home town discount!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Ya, how did your membership react when you asked them to take a pay cut?   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, how did your membership react when you asked them to take a pay cut?
the union wasnt the one asking.......... sometimes you go along with it to stay gainfully employed!!!!!! i can honestly tell you NOONE including the employer likes it. been there done that as a rep and employee!!!!!! but i didnt get laid off either. still got vacation accurral and medical benefits along with other bennies!!!!!!

AND......we werent even in the same time zone on what those guys are making!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Their salaries shouldn't matter. It's perceived value that matters. If other quarterbacks are making X dollars and doing the same or less than Cousins why should he take less money? Go to Jefferson and say.. "hey we haven't won anything and until we do we aren't paying you market value." Let me know how that turns out.   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :shocked: first off my post was tongue in cheek sarcasm cause i knew you'd respond!!!!!! :happy1:

then you go from football players money to union members taking a cut......... kinda wingin it a bit eh!!!!1 :rotflmao: :surrender:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I just thought it funny that a staunch union guy advocates for a pay cut of a union player.  Especially, a non-declining union player.   :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just thought it funny that a staunch union guy advocates for a pay cut of a union player.  Especially, a non-declining union player.   :doah:
in a union it's about the whole membership not just 1 individual and cousin Kirk isn't being a good team player at this point .

:happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
 :rotflmao:   :rotflmao:  Good one!   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
He gotcha there Glenn,  since when did us union guys take a pay cut??

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Geno Smith who is worse than whoever is the Vikings backup just got $105 million from Seattle for 3 years.  :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have as a guy on the floor and had to negotiate some. The members had to vote and approve it.

Let's put it this way. The company about claimed poverty and they ended up showing our unions accountants. The international bean counters. At that point it's take it in the shorts or you get laid off or they close the door. It's been real in my industry.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
With that said when times got better so did the raises!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I have as a guy on the floor and had to negotiate some. The members had to vote and approve it.

Let's put it this way. The company about claimed poverty and they ended up showing our unions accountants. The international bean counters. At that point it's take it in the shorts or you get laid off or they close the door. It's been real in my industry.

No poverty in the NFL. Now the Vikings will pay Cousins & Jefferson. Not really optional the way I see it.

Hey, the average guy can't afford a Vikings game anyway. Pay those 2 and raise the tickets prices $100 per ticket right across the board.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Geno Smith who is worse than whoever is the Vikings backup just got $105 million from Seattle for 3 years.  :doah:
Seattle was as desparate as the Vikes when they went after Cousins.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see where a Vikings player made the news for a good reason yesterday......helped savee a guys life down in Texas!!!! :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
4 years $160 million plus incentives for Giants Daniel Jones. The price of poker keeps going up. Ravens franchise tagged Lamar Jackson.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
i see where a Vikings player made the news for a good reason yesterday......helped savee a guys life down in Texas!!!! :happy1:

KC Osborn saw the accident and a couple other guys did also and pulled the guy out of a burning car.  The guy is in the hospital and KC and the other guys were going to visit him.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: After only 1 good year as a starter he has a chance to make $52 mil if he makes all his incentives in the 1st year of his new deal.  :crazy: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nfl/news/geno-smith-contract-details-seahawks/tjvggatkqgdrt2wkixcuc1xf  There was 4 other off season deals done for starting QBs before his & they all were for >$46 mil/yr.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/23, 06:01:42 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I could put in a solid year of work for $52 mill. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
His average salary in his previous 10 years with the NYJ & Seattle was $1.77 mil/yr. Nice raise, huh!!!!!!   :doah:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Seattle had the best situation they could imagine. 

They got rid of an aging, disgruntled Russel Wilson - who fell flat on his face in Denver.   :doah:

Seattle got 3 players (QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DL Shelby Harris) and 5 pics (2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders) for Wilson and a 4th round pick.  Seattle... :cheerleader:  Denver...  :puke:

Then, Geno Smith, Wilson's backup, finally stepped up and played great - a late bloomer.  Guys don't often get that chance in the NFL.  If they don't pan out in the first 4 years, they can sometimes hang on as backups - but that is no guarantee that they'll be allowed to actually compete for the starting job, especially if the team already has a high paid "franchise" QB on the roster - even if they are better than that guy.

I think Smith contract is a good example of a team paying they QB they know rather than take a bigger risk by picking up and overpaying for someone else's cast offs... (*cough*) Green Bay (*cough*) Denver (*cough*)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Yeah.....that looks like an awful trade for Denver. But I would wait another year. Especially with a new head coach. Maybe Peyton will make a difference.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I promise you that Seattle will have wished they gave that money to Case Keemum. Smith is a back-up.......period.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Read a pc recently that said Flores has stated that he'd like to have Patrick Peterson come back. Haven't seen anywhere that they've worked out a deal though.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw that too.  I wonder if he sold his house yet.  He put it up for sale thinking his time here was done.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw that too.  I wonder if he sold his house yet.  He put it up for sale thinking his time here was done.
you might be thinking of Z. SMITH??????? :scratch:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Scheftie stirring the pot again...

Schefter: Vikings could 'part ways' with Adam Thielen in coming days

Thielen's contract carries a $19.9 million cap hit in 2023 and the Vikings can save $6.4 million if they cut him before June 1, which if it were going to happen, it would happen before his contract fully guarantees March 16.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
you might be thinking of Z. SMITH??????? :scratch:

You may be right about that Glenn.