Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 915315 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Not exactly grilled but tried something new to me.  Tried creamed garlic and smoked salmon with pasta tonight.  Was actually pretty good.   

Sorry for the bad pic.  I did not see the light reflection until I was done eating it. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got down to the last chop & forgot I hadn't clicked a pic. Lamb chops on the Weber w/Smokehouse Maple seasoning. 5 minutes/side using the Braille method. Buttercup squash nuked & 'maters. All raised at our little farm & brought to Canada 🇨🇦

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to get me some squash!!   farm just down the road sells them..   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Quality so far has been excellent. This year's buttercups are so sweet and nice textured. Almost don't need butter on them but it is sacrilege w/o that and pepper. Seemed like it was their kind of growing season, dry and warm.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I only recently started learning how to grill and it's going great so far! I've made a couple steaks and grilled some pork chops last weekend and it's all been delicious! My next attempt should be chicken but I'm a little more nervous at cooking that on the grill. I did buy a meat thermometer so I can make sure stuff is done before eating.  :surrender: :smiley:

~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great.  Yes an instant thermometer is mandatory now that I have used them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: looks good, but I won't mention it.... yet! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks darn good Sharon!!  yes meat thermometers are a great asset!!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope boober ate his Wheaties... :doah:
I don't know if I would trust Wheaties. You see what they did to Jenner.  ;)
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea them Wheaties made him a Jennifer!!!!!! :bonk:
« Last Edit: October 10/23/23, 05:27:05 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Ha you funny guy!! I take that back on da other thread Glenn,  I zigged when I shoulda zagged.. looks great Sharon and welcome aboard.  Momma picked me up a Taylor made meat thermometer  and it's instant on temp, fast I was impressed.

Offline tumhoefer

• Outdoorsman
  • 952-388-9242
Only my second brisket ever that I smoked.  Was pretty tasty.

It’s hard to be the only utility player in a landscape dominated by special teams.
unknown author

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

um, I think that was weenies!   :bonk:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
:happy1: looks good, but I won't mention it.... yet! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Glenn your letting her off the hook to easy. I suppose it's a new crowd to us, so we could use a little forgiveness.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Only my second brisket ever that I smoked.  Was pretty tasty.
[/quote

I still have a brisket on my bucket list.  Was it juicy?  I worry about drying them out.
« Last Edit: October 10/26/23, 04:12:00 PM by LPS »

Offline tumhoefer

• Outdoorsman
  • 952-388-9242
LPS
I am a ROOKIE at this - left it smoking at 225 til it hit 209 ( 4-5 degrees higher than I should have let it go) The "flat"  ( pros correct me...) is leaner and therefore cooked a little drier than I would  like - cut it into 1/4" strips and could still pull those apart with a fork
( the bigger squarer piece) the other end, the "point"  was pull apart with a fork from the get go.  I left about a 1/4" of fat on and put them in fat side up.
wrapped in two layers of foil and put in the oven ( which was off - you could use a cooler too) and it continues to cook and will soak some of the moisture back up
Refilled the water pan every 3 hours.
Sea salt and pepper rub ( not too heavy) and mustard on top of that and a little more sea salt and pepper.
Apple chips with the charcoal.
Cant wait to do a pork roast.
We do beef shoulders, semi freeze them and cut 1/8" slices off and have a teriyaki marinade we use and smoke it. They are about 4" in diameter.  225 for 3 hours NO MORE - friggin great!!
It’s hard to be the only utility player in a landscape dominated by special teams.
unknown author

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds good to me!!   I would share it with ya!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for all of that info Tums.  I like to see  how everyone does their smoking.  Good education. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is my steak whilst the wife isn't home project.  Perfectly done, with green beans with mozarella cheese and butter on them. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  Well done Roony. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: good one Roony.not sure which way I should take it. :scratch: :doah:

LPS, your livin on the edge being unsupervised. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As you can see I had started eating when I remembered to take a pic of the steak. 

Offline tumhoefer

• Outdoorsman
  • 952-388-9242
This is my steak whilst the wife isn't home project.  Perfectly done, with green beans with mozarella cheese and butter on them. 

YUUUUMMMM  - on tonites menu.  Hope mine looks that good!
unknown author

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I covered it with Montreal Steak seasonings.  Haven't done that in a long time.  Sure was good.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sucker looks dynamite lps!! I can't come close with grilled cheese n soup!  :bow:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
During the Full Moon yet under the cover of darkness with the Mrs. being gone, Poppy & I manufactured pig steaks. Sweet & Smoky rub seared & slathered w/some hickory BBQ sauce, then grilled indirect. Used up some of the last of the fresh garden cukes & maters topped with glenn's fave, complimented w/rice pilaf. Hid all of the evidence & played dead when the wife got home...😴

« Last Edit: October 10/28/23, 09:44:28 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking spread Dotch.  We are watching fishing shows and wondering what to have for supper.  Lot's of inspiration here.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nicely done Dotch! You best keep an eye out, one wif and the claws will come out!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great minds think a like Dotch,  and good fer me momma should be busy handing out candy to even think about pouncing.  Blade steaks, taters wrapped in bacon paired with a house salad. Might hafta fake stomach cramps until the kids arrive.. :happy1: