Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hard water bass?  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I know a few of you have caught some nice bass during ice seaon. Do uu target them, or just a fluke on tip up for pike?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Same spot I target them during open water.  Lilly pads.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
agree with dakids
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
agree with dakids
i see them in the spearhouse all the time!!!!!!!1 NO  i dont spear them. i do try and catch them on a sunfish hook though.!!!!! there weird though. thye can come in look and the hook and completely ignore it and just swim off. sometimes they will suck in the hook and blow it out. its pretty fun to watch them. then 2 hours later they come in and smack the hook!!!!!!!!

it does seem they come in after i play the decoy, but rarely come up to the decoy.

thats why spearchucking is so fun..........watching the behavour of the fish is pretty comical at times..........RIGHT BOOBER!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao:

back a cople years ago when we did the G-T-G down in Dakids neck of the woods i caught 3 bass on a tipup.......thye eat minnows, etc.....why wouldnt they hit a tipup?????
« Last Edit: January 01/17/23, 06:56:42 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Watching there behavior would be neat.  So you can put another line down a harpoon hole??? Who knew.. It's funny tho the difference of some lakes, our cabin lake is loaded with bass but I've never caught one through the ice.  Closer to town  we've caught plenty..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Watching there behavior would be neat.  So you can put another line down a harpoon hole??? Who knew.. It's funny tho the difference of some lakes, our cabin lake is loaded with bass but I've never caught one through the ice.  Closer to town  we've caught plenty..
yeppers!! Spear is one line.  Hook is the 2nd!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a 21" largemouth mounted that I caught on a tip up in real shallow water where we were getting big northerns.  When the bass hit it took out more line and fought harder than the northerns we had already caught so we thought we had a big one on.  Here it was the bass. 

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Usually I can tell before we set the hook.  Bass will spool you.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.