Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL news  (Read 18806 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
QBs are the most important, but its complicated.  It's not just whether or not the guy has the most raw talent or can make all the throws.

How many QBs failed on teams because they had coaches who refused to adapt their offensive scheme to match the strengths of their starting QB?

How many QBs got "happy feet" or "gun shy" because of front offices who refused to invest in offensive line protection?

As for Wentz in Washington...  g'luck with Dan Snyder running the show.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Sorry but i really wanna see kaeperdick play. Be will either say i told yu so or fade away..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bump: Big day tomorrow, day 1 of the 2022 NFL Draft.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am looking forward to it.  Starts at 7 tomorrow, 6 on Friday and I think noonish on Sat.  Not sure about Sat.  The first draft I watched about 10 years ago I waited and waited for the Vikes draft pick.  It was after 10 oclock and then they traded the pick so I stayed up for nothing.  LOL  Anti-climatic to say the least. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I am looking forward to it.  Starts at 7 tomorrow, 6 on Friday and I think noonish on Sat.  Not sure about Sat.  The first draft I watched about 10 years ago I waited and waited for the Vikes draft pick.  It was after 10 oclock and then they traded the pick so I stayed up for nothing.  LOL  Anti-climatic to say the least.

But then there was 2013 when Trader Rick pulled string to get 3 First Round picks:  defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, cornerback Xavier Rhodes and wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson.

Rhodes panned out, Floyd was a bust, and Patterson sucked as a receiver, but was somehow electric on kick returns.  Despite Spielman's mixed results, it was pretty exciting at the time.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a little quip on Boars fave QB.   

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Maybe he is broke. I know he gave a bunch of money away to different causes. I also don't know who the yahoo talking was so I don't know what validity I give him. Finally, if he is broke he will quickly find out he isn't a bit better than us without that helmet in his hand. Does anybody find it curious he couldn't get a job in NFL Europe, CFL, XFL, or anywhere else? See ya Colin.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He made his involvement with any team a big problem. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I suppose he could backup Watson in Cleveland. Get all the misfits in one place.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
gonna be a lot of instant millionaires tonight.
Very big day for these kids.
No big names that would cause me to watch or even care who the Vikings might take. Last I saw the Stingley kid might be the pick if he is still there.

Very appropriate that it's in Vegas considering the big hug the NFL is giving the mob & gambling these days.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
gonna be a lot of instant millionaires tonight.
Very big day for these kids.
I hope they all pay attention in rooky camp when they warn them about how to hang onto their money.  Big money now, but there is no guarantee they will still be in the league 3 or 4 years from now.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They did it again.  I waited and watched the first 12 picks to see who the Vikes took.  They traded their pick to Detroit.  They don't say what the trade was so no idea when we pick.  Time to read now. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lions wanted to move up to get Williams, WR from Alabama, so they get the #12 & #46 picks from MN in exchange for the #32, last of the 1st round, the #34(2nd rd), & the #66(3rd rd). So, the Vikings get 3 picks for 2 & improve their spot in the 2nd rd. Many think the Vikings get a day 1 starter at S with their 1st pick. https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rounds
« Last Edit: April 04/29/22, 05:04:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the guy and in the interview that I heard on the radio this morning he seemed sincere and happy to be a Viking.  He has no injury history and is a good tackler and is faster than some picked earlier.  Stingley seemed like an ass I thought.  Good luck with him. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He only played in 10 games the last 2 seasons at LSU too. Tough to be 1 of the best if you can't even play. :doah:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Is this Stingley kid related to the Stingley that was paralyzed, I think he played for the Patriots.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah DB, he's his grandson.
« Last Edit: April 04/29/22, 03:39:31 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I listened some to the KFAN guys pre-analyze the draft.  They were speculating about the Vikes taking Williamson at WR at #12 if he was still available. 

If there was a second fast receiver to compliment Jefferson, it would be much tougher to double Jefferson.  And if Thielen stays healthy, with a recovered Irv Smith JR, that would have been a very scary receiving core.

Still, the Vikes have been at the bottom of the league for defense the last two years.  (How was that even possible with Zim :confused:)  But they needed a second starting safety more than they needed another receiver.

It looks like the Vikes got the guy they needed, wanted, got an extra #3 pic, and moved up in the second round to boot.  Sure we'r all disappointed when the Vikes move down in the draft, but this looks like a pretty good move by Adofo-Mensah.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
They need defense. But as PA has been saying.....pick Watson. WR from NDSU. 6'4" and can flat out run. Can also receive punts. With Jefferson and Theilen, those 3 would be awesome.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They need defense. But as PA has been saying.....pick Watson. WR from NDSU. 6'4" and can flat out run. Can also receive punts. With Jefferson and Theilen, those 3 would be awesome.
Will Watson last until the 3rd or 4th round?

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably not although they have Detroit's number 2 pick in the third round. But that's 30 picks down.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Another kick butt WR would be great.  Maybe even tight end.  Injuries do happen. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't happen.....trade with the hated Packers.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer.  We are helping the teams in our division.