Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Too many bears  (Read 8848 times)

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here are a few photos taken this past week.  None of these were near a bait station.
They are following my trail from camera to camera.  Then posing just to let me know they were there.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
May be next year you need to get a bunch of friends and relatives with Bear tags to help clean up a bit! I'm your friend aren't I deadeye! :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/27/18, 12:55:37 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you must smell good DE..

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Problem is no body wants to apply for 4-5 years before being drawn.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Problem is no body wants to apply for 4-5 years before being drawn.
i do!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: its alot of fun but can be hard work. key is to be diligent. that 4-5 year break can be nice, but i am getting a bit restless as its been that long since we have been drawn.

i hunt the 1rst 2 weekends, if i havent got one i wait towards the end of season to start again!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bear hunting is pretty darn exciting!  I didn't go the last 2 years, maybe 3. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha Ha That was great Dotch. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
something like that happened down south or south east of Mankato many years ago!!  only it happened at night in a corn field, the dang bear got stuck in the corn head while combining!!!  farmer got out to see why it was stuck and came almost face to face with a upset bear!!!!  If I remember right the bear had to put down cause of it's injuries...  I want to say this was back in the 60's or 70's....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, What area do you hunt?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
its up north, they changed the zones to coinside with the leech lake indian reservation. i am now applying in what is the 169 anterless zone! bear zone ??????? with the change i'd have to look when i get home. it used to be 26.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
its definatley the no bear zone, cause ive never heard of you shooting one :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
something like that happened down south or south east of Mankato many years ago!!  only it happened at night in a corn field, the dang bear got stuck in the corn head while combining!!!  farmer got out to see why it was stuck and came almost face to face with a upset bear!!!!  If I remember right the bear had to put down cause of it's injuries...  I want to say this was back in the 60's or 70's....

It probably had to be put down because "they don't take to kindly to their kind" being way down there in the south!   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/27/18, 06:33:25 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
its definatley the no bear zone, cause ive never heard of you shooting one :rotflmao:
:pouty: :tut: I got proof and about an $1800.00 taxidermy bill to show for it to bubbles! :mooning:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND I am sure most of the Sasquatch things aren't even reported due to people not wanting to be ridiculed.     :rotflmao: :tut:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :tut: I got proof and about an $1800.00 taxidermy bill to show for it to bubbles! :mooning:

Is it a life size mount?   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: no but a rug on the wall, shoulder mount and 3 pillows made from the hides of 2 bear. That doesn't even include 1 rug that went to hell.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow that's a lot of stuff. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's just the bear, I have a 15# Pike, smallmouth, 6 perch, 2 sunfish, 3 crappies, grouse, pheasant and woodcock mounted. And 2 shoulder mount deer.

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yeowzer, that's a lot of stuff on the wall.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i have a 3 candy bars a comic book 4 army guys 2 tinker toy structures an some bubble gum stuck on my wall so ther...
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i have a 3 candy bars a comic book 4 army guys 2 tinker toy structures an some bubble gum stuck on my wall so ther...
yep goes to show your hunting and fishing prowess!! :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
that's just the bear, I have a 15# Pike, smallmouth, 6 perch, 2 sunfish, 3 crappies, grouse, pheasant and woodcock mounted. And 2 shoulder mount deer.
Why?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Why?
why not???? My goal is to have one if everything I fish or hunt mounted. That's why.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah del, cause he can, neener. we like to look into the cold lifeless eyes of our mounts, stroke their now course dry hair, and live in their pain of life leaving thier body, and imagine what it feels like to be so cold and afraid as they feel the final heartbeat, feel the blood slow down angrow cold, feel the their life leaving their body and the light grows dimmer and dimmer..til nuthing....RIGHT GLENN! Go vikes!!!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah del, cause he can, neener. we like to look into the cold lifeless eyes of our mounts, stroke their now course dry hair, and live in their pain of life leaving thier body, and imagine what it feels like to be so cold and afraid as they feel the final heartbeat, feel the blood slow down angrow cold, feel the their life leaving their body and the light grows dimmer and dimmer..til nuthing....RIGHT GLENN! Go vikes!!!
:happy1: right boar! :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, OK then.   And the perch?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, OK then.   And the perch?
AGAIN WHY NOT!!!!!!!! i have 6 mounted on a group set. gt them on winnie, not monster perch but nice ones. and by the way, i've had alot of people wanna steal that mount. :tut: :tut: