Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4972536 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Glenn.  Stay safe and healthy.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
hey dotch,curious what's your favorite recipe for lamb,rack or leg cut? I  love doing the rack french cut style on the grill but looking for more option's

« Last Edit: March 03/25/21, 01:22:17 PM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1:
the sobriety or bypass part!!!!!!!!!!!  :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
we know about the sobriety part, not happening!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  funny guy!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
hey dotch,curious what's your favorite recipe for lamb,rack or leg cut? I  love doing the rack french cut style on the grill but looking for more option's

Sweet! Keep eating it. We'll make more!  :happy1:

Never done it as a rack here. Grew up with chops and have always had it packaged that way. Easier when eating just ourselves or a small group to make just what we need. I'm an improviser, starting off with a base recipe of marinades. My standby is pineapple, soy sauce, garlic & curry powder, seasoned to taste. Fresh pineapple juice is best as it will make already tender lamb even more tender. I like to marinade 24 hrs. in the fridge. Sometimes I'll do the legs split on the rotisserie as pictured or as shish kebob if I'm feeling ambitious. I'm still looking to find a recipe a friend and I made once when we were in college. It included plain yogurt, fresh ginger root we diced up and garlic. It came from some mideastern or Greek cookbook he brought over. It was not in English but it was phenomenal! I didn't write it down tho and got way too messed up making it to remember how we did it. I'll keep looking until I find one someday that looks similar to try. If it's good I'll write it down.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Never done it as a rack here. Grew up with chops and have always had it packaged that way. Easier when eating just ourselves or a small group to make just what we need. I'm an improviser, starting off with a base recipe of marinades. My standby is pineapple, soy sauce, garlic & curry powder, seasoned to taste. Fresh pineapple juice is best as it will make already tender lamb even more tender. I like to marinade 24 hrs. in the fridge. Sometimes I'll do the legs split on the rotisserie as pictured or as shish kebob if I'm feeling ambitious. I'm still looking to find a recipe a friend and I made once when we were in college. It included plain yogurt, fresh ginger root we diced up and garlic. It came from some mideastern or Greek cookbook he brought over. It was not in English but it was phenomenal! I didn't write it down tho and got way too messed up making it to remember how we did it. I'll keep looking until I find one someday that looks similar to try. If it's good I'll write it down.
Make me some, then you can teach me how to prune my trees.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Reminds me, another project I gotta finish. After pussy willow harvest Saturday, I pruned the Haralson & got halfway thru the Fireside before the wind about blew me out of it. Much more fun to watch basketball. After I get mine done I have a customer's trees to prune yet. I could stop up and give you some ideas if you seriously need some help. Better get off to the grocery store now. Wanna let the lambs loose after that. Too nice for them to be cooped up any longer.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Make me some, then you can teach me how to prune my trees.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
None consumed by adults anyway... :bonk:
i was reminded earlier by one of my daughters i have an anniversary today. NO.......not sobreity.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

10 years ago today i had my quadruple heart bypass.  :happy1:

Mine lasted 14 years before part clogged up

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma went to st cloud today. Stopped by Costco. Man do they have good fruits. Strawberries are good, good grapes and there pineapple is too notch. So are the apples and oranges. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
might have to go next week so I like that!!! 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, so far nice morning little glow to the east,looks like clouds rolling in later with rain this evening,oh well better than snow...ya'll have a great weekend.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! At least to us working folk.  :nerd: 25 here this morning heading for somewhere around 40. Sounds like right around 40 tomorrow too. I will sneak out on da lake this weekend. Sis in law and her hubby will be up tonight and a couple buddies are going to come up for the day tomorrow. Hope da fishies cooperate and we keep our dingle berries on the top side of the ice. Well, one more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 to start the day here...  got a few things to do today, the son and his family are coming up tonight...  got chicken and tater salad on the supper menu..  it will be my first time making the tater salad..  oh the adventures!!!  got to go to Alex and get a few things for the meal today too..  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL mike,I cheat when I want tater salad,here in white bear lake our kowalski has a couple great tater salads after a little doctoring like yellow mustard diced spicey pickles and pickle juice,radashes sliced etc... she's blue ribbon,goodluck.

Dotch,pineapple juice eh? I'll give it a whirl next time,have the same weber roto setup you have,tried a whole leg of lamb on it ,turned out tough,bend your fork tough like raw hide,I usually do a 24hr marinaide as well,but in a hurry for same day cook out,I use a food saver container,sucks the jucies in to the meat in 30 minutes,one would swear it was a over night marinaide

Thanx for the intel.
« Last Edit: March 03/26/21, 07:27:53 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Clear and 22 here at the moment.  Sounds like some rain/snow tonight.  Painted my grate yesterday.  Will have to get some pics of it to show you.  May head out to the landfill today.  Have lots of cardboard for them to process.  Visit with the guys too.  That hydrant that was froze is shot.  Does not work now so am not going to touch it till the backhoe is sitting here.  I want to put in a new one.  If I try to fix it and if it doesn't work we will have a mess.  Don't want that.  Well have a great Friday. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........hopefully finish the sled today.

cloudy and 26 when i looked. we shall see what other trouble  :evil: :sleazy: i can find!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 26* early & we might not make 45* today, I'm hearin.  :cool: & damp here tomorrow as well, 1 site even has some :snow5: in it :scratch: but I'm not believin that. Looks like the list is pretty short again today :rolleyes: but have a couple things to get at this morning. That's it for now, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. More rain on the way for later tonite into the forenoon tomorrow. Doesn't sound like a lot but it doesn't have to be. Soil profile is full presently here. Got the ewes with lambs out into the expanded paddock yesterday afternoon. Cut some nice ruts moving troughs & feeders around. All of the critters went nuts, ewes included. hopping, running and jumping. Some of the lambs discovered the electric fence so that was another plus. Gotta start 'em young!  :happy1:

As I've mentioned snow one of the biggest problems the sheep industry has is putting a consistent product on the market or placing the desired product in the proper market. It's consistently inconsistent without knowing the source. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch gotta tell ya "lamb on the grill" is my favorite,but spendy up here,last I checked on a 8 bone rack last fall it was $55,yikes.My marinaide is usually olive oil,fresh rosemary,chopped garlic,shot of red wine iffin I have it crushed black pepper,dash of soy sauce,but pinapple juice sounds interesting.might be good for waterfowl as I usually use coke over night to sweeten and draw blood,also tenderizes.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 39 this morning with rain still in the area...  it will really green up now...  sure was good to the son and his family when they got here yesterday...  well I have to think about breakfast for all!!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........momma left already to go babysit grandkids already...so that leaves me with the 2 hounddogs.  looks like a soggy day.

i got my speaker wires to my outdoor speakers fixed yesterday that shadow chewed off when he was a wee but younger......... :confused: :rolleyes: worked on the sled a bit, ran into an issue i didnt see coming!!!! :tut:  :scratch: but a little inginuity and i should wrap it up today!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 31* & are on our way to 40*. The ground is white again & it's still coming down. We had about 1 1/2" when I stepped out around 7. Just heard that the lady that reports to WCCO, she's out on the main lake(~ 3 - 4 miles by wheeler), reported 4" out there. :scratch: :confused: Gonna be an inside day here as well. I did get the new primer bulb on the auger yday morning & it actually went better than expected as it wasn't the easiest to get at. 'Bout it from this neck of the woods, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 32.5 and wet here.  The deck is still wet and we do have a couple of puddles.  Don't think we got much be it all helps.  No big plans for the day that I know of yet.  That is ok too.  May watch the NDSU and USD game today.  ??  Have a great Saturday. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Three more loads from the small garage to the storeage place yesterday, just about done cleaning it out so it can be moved. One more cup of "Highlander Grog" and breakfast. Have a great weekend, Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Mark was that you that had the garage sale sign on 82???

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Negative Mike. The last garage sale the Mrs. had here it pissed me off when everyone had to look behind the curtains I put up so they see wouldn't the rest of the stuff in the garage and ask if it's for sale too.  :angry2:
I usually set my treasures at the end of the driveway along with a "free" or for sale sign. Nothing lasts very long before it's gone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Negative Mike. The last garage sale the Mrs. had here it pissed me off when everyone had to look behind the curtains I put up so they see wouldn't the rest of the stuff in the garage and ask if it's for sale too.  :angry2:
I usually set my treasures at the end of the driveway along with a "free" or for sale sign. Nothing lasts very long before it's gone.  :happy1: :happy1:
wow.....thats pretty rude!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do that too and it is fun to see how long it takes for things to be picked up. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's how I get rid of my excess too..  works well here too!!!  ya could just take over to your neighbor to the south too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: