Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4978915 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So Roony I am curious as to what you do for work that they shipped you down to Arkansas?
I'm an undercover boss.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: he spies on Dotch!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I was wondering where all these tacos keep coming from... :scratch:

Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. .20" of rain in Bugtussle. Still melting the ice out of the gauge at home. Must've been colder there. At least the clowns spread more crap on the road. 🤡🤡🤡 Some thunder and lightning last nite that caused a temporary power outage so will be resetting clocks, again. :angry: Have the last of the webinar series ~ 9-ish so need to get my coffee & BS time in.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: We got a message from Mid-American that the power was out for ~ 1 hour down home too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I was wondering where all these tacos keep coming from... :scratch:

Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. .20" of rain in Bugtussle. Still melting the ice out of the gauge at home. Must've been colder there. At least the clowns spread more crap on the road. 🤡🤡🤡 Some thunder and lightning last nite that caused a temporary power outage so will be resetting clocks, again. :angry: Have the last of the webinar series ~ 9-ish so need to get my coffee & BS time in.
hey Dotcharoo......been measuring frost depths lately?????? ground is pretty hard up this way  closer to the north pole!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I brought the round bale to the horses whilst the ground was still frozen yesterday morning, I realized that our puddles had disappeared.  I keep it plowed around the yard where I park things so should have more frost there you would think.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I haven't measured frost myself around the yard since a week ago Monday. It froze hard as a brick again on top over the weekend. Looks like it's kinda freezing & thawing, doing the passive-aggressive thing. We've got a layer of frozen ground on top of thawed ground then more frozen ground. Then it thaws, gets like snot and freezes up again. They haven't updated any frost depth data at the SROC since March 7th. I did notice the water ring around St. Olaf had widened overnite. With all the wind that's not surprising. Found crap all over the yard to pick up, again.  :rolleyes: Also talked to a young guy whose father in law was doing some tiling. Frost is definitely not all out.
« Last Edit: March 03/30/22, 09:09:09 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't measured frost myself around the yard since a week ago Monday. It froze hard as a brick again on top over the weekend. Looks like it's kinda freezing & thawing, doing the passive-aggressive thing. We've got a layer of frozen ground on top of thawed ground then more frozen ground. Then it thaws, gets like snot and freezes up again. They haven't updated any frost depth data at the SROC since March 7th. I did notice the water ring around St. Olaf had widened overnite. With all the wind that's not surprising. Found crap all over the yard to pick up, again.  :rolleyes:
:happy1: :happy1: thanks bud..just curious is all. in the fall i stick markers, sticks in the ground to mark my horseshoe pits, fire ring and garden, havent been able to pull them out yet, not even where the sun hits!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was no water in our driveway yday when I walked down to get the mail for about the 1st time this month. It has been windy whether it's 20* or 40* the last 2-3 weeks though.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Found out my mother had a pretty bad fall. Had to happen while I'm down here. Ill have something to think and pray about on my 14 hour drive home tomorrow.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hope she is ok Roony.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

yes 2nd that and have a safe trip home...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

yep what he said!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Same from Me too!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Thanks guys.....this is arthroscopic to clean out a lot of scar tissue. Doctor said intensive Physical therapy to try to keep it from coming back. Should be fun.

Home from Surgery. Icing it now every 20 min. No pain yet. Start Physical Therapy tomorrow morning. Gotta try to bend it as far as possible.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: hope all goes well. Ya gotta garden to tend to soon!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
30 Tomatoes are now 3 inches tall under grow lights.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck Ken on you rehab!! 
« Last Edit: March 03/30/22, 03:39:07 PM by mike89 »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh well, too little intelligence here for me from most but not all. Glenn when u need a shipment text me.
« Last Edit: March 03/31/22, 02:48:43 AM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,

dicey on the roads this morning freezing drizzel,lite snow over the top,she was a white knuckler after a 4 wheel drift on a clover leaf,careful  is the word for you early morning commuters.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow. Nothing like starting the morning with a dose of arrogance!  :crazy: Morning boys. 23 here and heading for 38 today I do believe. Seemed to stay fairly cool here yesterday. Warmest I seen was 31. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

P.S. I am a machinist. Because engineers need heroes too!  ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 27 here and still windy..   might see 38 and no snow today..  got a few things to do today including putting a chicken on the pellet smoker, maybe a veggie too..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya the wind just keeps on blowing.  22 here now.  Looks like 40's next week.  Sure is a slow warm up.  No melting at all on the river.  Think I will start a fire in the garage and putz out there today.  I want to tweak my wood splitter some so maybe I will get that in there. Gonna grill pork chops tonight so that sounds fun.  All is ok Coffee.  Life is good.  You all have a great day.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
25 here this morning.....but we go dumped on yesterday. 7 inches here. 10 just down the road 10 miles. Heavy and wet.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well bumper car thursday morning is under way,looking out my office window looks like several vehicles piled up,emergency rigs are lighting up the road way,this is  a bridge overpass,folks need to slow down.

Looked like the EMT ppl pulled a body out of a mangled car,tough morning commute today.
« Last Edit: March 03/31/22, 10:49:41 AM by snow1 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 24* for our start & goin for 38* later. The snow stopped here ~ 11:30 yday & we had 6" on the ground by that time. We cleared the driveway anyway as we're headed to town today. We may hit 50* tomorrow so this new snow won't last very long. No more now, have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked with Royal Dutchmen resort website and no more open water in the last 3 days.  Still frozen at Birchdale.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Not looking like there will be much open water river fishing for the walters this year.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Another .06" worth of assorted frozen precip (including graupel) in the Bugtussle gauge. Was still melting the stuff at the ranch when I left. Had .17" there yesterday from the day before. Still battling to get my wife's Medicare stuff taken care of. Being the go between sucks so I'm gonna have her talk to the agent direct tomorrow. I got more important stuff to do like check out gin prices! :evil: I got a call this a.m. from a former customer who wants me back. I always enjoyed working with him but once his son got more involved, the co-op grabbed those acres. We always got a long great so looking forward to working with him again. He usually had a nice field of wheat to look at so especially looking forward to that.  :happy1:   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon fellers, I see a first campfire of the season this weekend. :sleazy: :drinking: :toast:

Got things to do.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from picking the last few items for our MDHA banquet. Now just get them inventoried and wrote up and it will all be done. Going to try to get my new 17 sighted in this afternoon too. Did an old Marlin 100g 22cal yesterday. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm