Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fall on Pelican 2012  (Read 2368 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Heading to Pelican for a little hunting and fishing.  Anyone been out at all?  I will give a full report when I get back.  I am not expecting the duck hunting to be too good yet. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Well not a lot happening right now.  We decided to wait on the ducks and focus on fishing.  The water temps are dropping and the crappie fishermen were out.  We were chasing pike and eyes.   Not a single taker on any top waters we threw.  If fact about the only thing we could even get a follow on was a spoon.   The pike and smallies  could be caught with a jig and minnow in the late afternoon.  The lake was like glass most of the time with a full moon.  I did see a lot of grouse along the roads.  We ended up with a mixed bag of fish.  Large mouth, small mouth, crappie, pike and walleye.  I expect the fishing to pick up over the next couple of weeks.  I will be taking another shot at it soon.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Report for the last weekend in Oct. 2012

Duck hunting was very poor with little shooting on Pelican Lake.  Ducks have been staging on Nett lake and will be bugging out anyday.  Temps are dropping and water temps were around 34 degrees.  Any standing water is freezing.

Fishing was tough.  Pike were caught in the 18 to 26 foot range off steep rock breaks.  Pike were feeding on 3-4 inch crappies.  Wind and snow made both fishing and hunting tough.  If the weather keeps up a couple of  cold calm days could see Pelican freeze up shortly.