Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1516418 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I just use basic seasonings for venison..  this one I used onion soup mix..   didn't have any carrots to throw in so just a cut up onion.. 

plus depending on the roast, you might be able to cut steaks from them...

start on high for an hour and then set on low til done...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I just use basic seasonings for venison..  this one I used onion soup mix..   didn't have any carrots to throw in so just a cut up onion.. 

plus depending on the roast, you might be able to cut steaks from them...

start on high for an hour and then set on low til done...

Thanks, I thought about thawing them out and cutting into steaks. Still might do that. Would putting one on low in the crock work out?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what I did yesterday..   :happy1:

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what I did yesterday..   :happy1:

Thanks Mike!

you are welcome!!

remember any way you cook a beef roast or a pork roast you can do that with the venison roast... 
« Last Edit: December 12/05/23, 11:31:20 AM by mike89 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a pic of the ham and bean soup in my fairly new pot.  I love it.  Heavy as heck so a good yoga deal too.  LOL  That pot holder is my rendition of the new flag.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a pic of the ham and bean soup in my fairly new pot.  I love it.  Heavy as heck so a good yoga deal too.  LOL  That pot holder is my rendition of the new flag.

real good pic!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  I will give it another shot. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I put a fair amount of Old Bay Seasoning in it. Never did that before.  I like that stuff.  May have been the best batch ever. Gets better every day of course.  When the broth is hard to see through you are getting close.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
venison roast in the crock pot for supper tonight..   smells great!!!

I usually never keep the roasts, but ended up with 3 from last year in a mix up ordering the cuts. So what's an easy but good recipe or way to do them up?
i never keep roasts either, cut it up in steaks or for jerky, usually both. i do however do the neck as a roast. get it good and cleaned up and i bake mine. takes about 4 hours and meat falls off the bone. you'd be surprised how much meat is on them.

i put dry onion soup mix, onion, some garlic, bay leave whole peppers of course with water, make gravy put over taters!!!! :hubba: its usually saturday nite deer camp supper!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We love our venny roast. Do them in the crack pot on low in onion soup a lot. Then I use the soup to make a gravy. If we want steaks I just take a roast out and cut into steaks.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Ok guys I will try out a roast soon and if I don't like it I will cut the other two into steaks. Thanks again.  ;)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I also rubb the roast with Lawreys and bearded butcher black seasonings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
bearded butcher black seasonings

that's a new one to me......

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great Youtube butchering videos. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Great Youtube butchering videos.
And they have their own line of seasons too. Doug's in Warroad has them and the woods sporting goods store outside of town. Guy from the store said the black was great on venison so we tried it. It is good but could be stronger. Then one time I added the Lawreys to it and it really made it pop

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to know.  I will get some.  I like those guys.  Thanks

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the seasoning tip. Do you notice the coffee taste? I'm not a coffee drinker so not sure it's for me. It looks like Ace Hardware carries the brand.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No, can't say I noticed the coffee taste in it. But, that may be what gives it the different flavor.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
No, can't say I noticed the coffee taste in it. But, that may be what gives it the different flavor.

Thanks I will give it a try.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A while back I grilled a turkey over charcoal  today I made soup. :happy1: was nummy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
After seeing Barry's bean soup a week ago. Guess what I am making today. I have the bone simmering. Will put it together after I come in from hunting.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
For those people...like Glenn...who think walleye is so tasteless. This one is for you.  Bacon wrapped garlic and chive cream cheese walleye with pineapple.  Made a great breakfast!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that will be a flavor burst!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That looks/sounds delicious Scenic. Maybe if glenn put katchup on his walleye... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Past a certain point, you can wrap just about anything in bacon with a little glaze or stuffing and it will be great.

Your's looks like a delicious variation on the chicken liver or water chestnut rumaki we use do make - where our simple caramelized glaze was always just catsup and brown sugar.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man Scenic, that is great!   I could eat that for breakfast.  :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
For those people...like Glenn...who think walleye is so tasteless. This one is for you.  Bacon wrapped garlic and chive cream cheese walleye with pineapple.  Made a great breakfast!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:well yea........you had to add all that stuff to the walleye to have a taste or flavor to it!!!!!! :sleazy: :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That does look tasty! Don't listen to Glenn,  the only reason he knocks walleye is he can't catch any... :mooning: ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That does look tasty! Don't listen to Glenn,  the only reason he knocks walleye is he can't catch any... :mooning: ;)
:rotflmao: why would I if they have no flavor??