Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4976293 times)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I had to break them in a couple hours at a time each day.  Maybe a week. :scratch:

Are they lifts to make ya taller or a insert to help your arch?   ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
thanks, didn't about breaking them in...   I figured they would say wear them all the time
might depend on what kind of inserts you get to
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I had to break them in a couple hours at a time each day.  Maybe a week. :scratch:

Are they lifts to make ya taller or a insert to help your arch?   ;)
:rotflmao: I don't need to get taller, Mikey might!!🤭 It's to help your arch

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
dotch,
"This ram had pulled the same stunt a couple times before" :confused:

Are you sure he wasn't pulling the same stunt again.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Same stunt, different outcome. Bet he won't pull that one again!  :coffee: It's all good. We'll be bringing one of our ram lambs from the show circuit back into the flock after MN State Fair. Of course, with the wife's grand plan, I'll have to go get him and while I'm at it, bring the ram home from the other pasture and plop Jr. in with that group. Apparently I must not have anything better to do... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We've had 1.85 inches so far. Looks like more coming. This will go a long ways towards making a crop.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and going to 72 today, we had about 3/4 of an inch of rain friday night into yesterday.. more than I thought..  saying maybe some more today..  had a good day yesterday and got plenty done..  same plan for today..   have a good day all... :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
57 this morning here in International Falls. Everybody went home yesterday so it's quiet here again. Had fun, the kids are growing like weeds. Hummingbirds are working the feeder hard the last few days, does that mean they are bulking up and heading south soon? Will it indicate a early winter or are they just hungry?

Be safe, have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and going for 67 today. Maybe a chance of rain later I heard mumblings about. Went picking blueberries yesterday afternoon. Wife and I picked 3 ice pails full. My back was toast after that , but we got it done. Today we need to finish cleaning them and then see what project pops up after that. Time for some coffee. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just in from camper.  Had a great night.  Even watched the last of the Twins game.  SO like I said in Twins thread I read in Ruesses(?) column that the Twins put Duffy on waivers.  Last night I turned the TV on and here he is pitching.  ???  Can't believe everything you read I guess.  lol  Made a pot of coffee so that tastes good.  Not sure what the wife will get me into today but I am getting ready for it.  Were the squitos bad JB?  The last time we did that we needed blood injections to replace what they took.   

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Warm homemade Blueberry Pie with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that sounds great for breakfast! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Skeeters weren't to bad. Deer flies weren't to bad either. We did wear head nets yet. But they have been way worse in past years.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
apple blueberry pie!!!!    :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 71 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Raining and a good chance it'll continue into the evening. 1.66" at the ranch so far & will have to get to Bugtussle sometime this forenoon to check that one. So far this rain puts us within striking distance of what's needed to finish the crop. The sound of rain on the rooftop is an instant sleeping pill for this hombre. There is a nap on today's schedule. I may take one even if it ain't scheduled. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We're headed to Gaylord for family reunion on wife's side. Four and a half hours of windshield time coming my way in a bit. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 57* when I went down to the boat & 67* is s'posed to be the high. Managed 2 eyes, 1 was a chunky 14" er that was barely hooked & the other was just in the slot(17") that had it deep. Both are still swimmin. Sis, BIL, & my niece were comin down the drive ~ 9 yday as I suspected. We spent most of the rest of the day getting them settled in. Barely had time for HH ;) :smiley:, but the neighbor made sure made time. :rolleyes: Not sure what's going on yet here but I do know the boat can use some gas, so that's where I'll start. Enjoy your Sunday!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels Markn!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........Mark....safe travels  :happy1:. nuttin wrong with anything made with blueberries but i prefer mine straight up as they are.

we had an inch of rain fri nite into sat. havent looked into the details for today yet. some garden time today also!!!!!!!!! not sure what else yet.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep drive safe Mark! Mornin peoples,  pretty gloomy this away no rain tho. Gots our 2 mile stroll in a couple pop tarts wolfed down now I gotta run some errands and deliver a table to the whipper snappers place. Picked probably 5 qts Worth of cukes the last 2 days so think I'll skip the fridge pickles and hot bathe these, first time so hope it goes good.  Some are kinda big but good color yet so I'll cut them up anyway.  Enjoy your Sunday gents... See ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep drive safe Mark! Mornin peoples,  pretty gloomy this away no rain tho. Gots our 2 mile stroll in a couple pop tarts wolfed down now I gotta run some errands and deliver a table to the whipper snappers place. Picked probably 5 qts Worth of cukes the last 2 days so think I'll skip the fridge pickles and hot bathe these, first time so hope it goes good.  Some are kinda big but good color yet so I'll cut them up anyway.  Enjoy your Sunday gents... See ya!!!
post a picture boober when your done!!!!! :happy1: i like seeing how others do up their garden goodies!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok, thinking on trying some oil in the water so the jars don't cloud up....does it work??

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok, thinking on trying some oil in the water so the jars don't cloud up....does it work??
:scratch: couldnt tell you???// never done it. never heard of doing it either?????? not even sure why it would cloud up?????? :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They got cloudy on us last year, read it somewhere.  Maybe the water was too hot?? Oh well.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
How do you keep canning jars from getting cloudy?
The easiest way to avoid these spots and deposits on your jars is to add some white vinegar to your canning pot. I tend to use about a cup per canner load. It keeps the jars sparkling clean. If you forget to add the vinegar, you can typically wash those spots and film off the jars once they cool.

found this Bobber, hope it helps ya!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok now I see what your saying. Yea . mine get cloudy from the hot bath. It's the water!!! You should just be able to wipe it off like Mike posted.

I thunk he was talking the brine inside the jar get cloudy?? :doofus: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what it was, vinegar...Thanks mike!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had some fun visiting the neighbors yesterday, celebrating the gal's 50th and her son's 16th birthday. They had a wood fired pizza maker that was pretty slick. She's a Brit so it's fun to listen to her talk. Some other neighbors were there so it was great to talk to them. I managed to squeeze one short nap in just before At Issue this a.m. Bugtussle rain gauge read 1.75" at 11 a.m. & 1.75" in Hartland as well. There's another .09" in the gauge here at the ranch. Added to the 1.66" 8 a.m. reading = extremely uniform coverage. Plenty of thunder & lightning but most of the rain came easy & straight down with very little wind. See what happens when you water the garden?  :coffee: Aside from a scattered shower appears to be done for now but promises to return for an encore tonite. Air is still heavy. Think I'll grill some chicky this afternoon ahead of it. 🐔
« Last Edit: August 08/07/22, 11:20:53 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what it was, vinegar...Thanks mike!
I'd use that Busch latte stuff you drink!  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Save the vinegar for something good!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a nice rain going on right now!!!👍