Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 915190 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope you've been doing windsprints as part of yer therapy boober. Wear 'em down so they'll leave ya alone and you can get yer rest... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Bbq ginger chicken and twice baked tater. Oh uum

[attachment deleted by admin]
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Plantenbergs smoke bratwurst. I decided to whip up a batch of tater salad to go with it  :happy1:

2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Going back a couple weeks to the porketta talk— picked up one from Super One Grand Rapids. They had shoulders already made up, but we picked out good looking loin and asked them to doctor it up. Going on the grill tonight.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Plantenbergs smoke bratwurst. I decided to whip up a batch of tater salad to go with it  :happy1:
Looks good Glenn,  even tho the katchup bottle tipped over trying to escape!  ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Going back a couple weeks to the porketta talk— picked up one from Super One Grand Rapids. They had shoulders already made up, but we picked out good looking loin and asked them to doctor it up. Going on the grill tonight.

next sale I'm going there to get some!!!   bet it turns out great!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Glenn,  even tho the katchup bottle tipped over trying to escape!  ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea was pretty much a dead soldier . but i had another ready to rock!!!!1 :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

next sale I'm going there to get some!!!   bet it turns out great!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
[/quote
The porketta was excellent. Probably could have come off the grill two minutes sooner, but it was still delicious. Served with green beans, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. I usually try to avoid corn on the cob until late July but my wife is impatient. Still, it wasn’t bad. Lots of good porketta sandwiches with lettuce and mayonnaise in the next few days. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea pictures or it didn't happen, right boober!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pike fillets on the grill!! :hubba:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finally! Got the elf burgers made after picking up all the sticks under the bitch tree!  :embarrassed: Roasted garlic & herb seasoning, some peas & Mrs. G's Mac salad. Also upping my dosage of anti-malaria medication after reading it was found in the US. Can never be too careful. Mighty lean elf so wish I'd taken it off a few minutes sooner. Mrs. Cheviot still gone so no evasive maneuvers necessary.  :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking burgers. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the elf do look great!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Brats and Asparagus for lunch, grilling a few Anaheim peppers with them. Burgers tonight. No garden tomatoes for a while.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Brats and Asparagus for lunch, grilling a few Anaheim peppers with them. Burgers tonight. No garden tomatoes for a while.

same here!!  Brats for lunch, burgers for supper too!!!

change in plans, grill the burgers tomorrow!!! 
« Last Edit: July 07/02/23, 11:27:37 AM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When at the County we used to have a cook out for occasions.  One of the guys had me slitting and cleaning out the Anaheims.  Then filled them with shredded cheese and wrapped each with cheap thin bacon.  Put them on the grill and I will never forget how good they were. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Just shredded cheese lps? Dang Dotch you like living on the edge! She'll have sniffer going and poppy will throw you under the bus when she arrives... :surrender: . Me, we're having burglars also tonight but thankfully ma and pa are with us lakeside so I'll have extra eyes watching closely... :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna try this pic stuff again.  Yeah I lost the battle of grilling so momma has homemade scalloped taters going paired with the ham steak and fresh Zookini.  Was pretty stinking tasty!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks tasty too!!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting hungry just looking at it!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I am guessing boober is still tied to the bed with Mrs. Boober doing unspeakable things to him... :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hot dang that looks awesome!! :happy1: I gotta do one of them ham steaks. Been way too long. :confused:

I'll omit the zookini, that's made for a cake!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lamborgers seasoned with Cavenders tonite. Still had some of them fancy buns left from the elf burgers so couldn't resist. Mrs. G's slaw and mac salad, along with cool ranch Doritos & Mrs. G's SW dip. The wife wanted my buns but luckily adding those fartleks to my training regimen paid huge dividends. Just as she was about to make her move I turned on the afterburners.  :happy1: 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Snuck this past the Mrs. who was more concerned about heading to Waseca on a 4-H mission than anything else. More for me!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like you nailed it Dotch.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Amazing how chicken prices have come down. Think I paid $4.10 for that package of chicken thighs. I'll be able to nosh on that for most of the week. Reminds me, I need to pick up a couple farm raised whole chickens I ordered from a guy. Should be some good eats!  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
He sure did nail it lps, don't let him fool ya, the Mrs. probably did also!!!  :happy1: ;) looks dynamite as always Dotch!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Those look pretty good. I would love those. Wife not so much. She is a white meat eater.
« Last Edit: July 07/13/23, 07:43:51 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just cut this lion up yesterday. Not on the grill yet, but soon. Got 19 steaks out of it. :happy1: :happy1:

mm