Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 912740 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The neighbor 'bout burnt down his house & garage in the SW metro because as an old 20 lber that started leaking. He had another he was suspicious of up here that went straight down to the free corner & disappeared after. :tut:
yea iffin there a free sign on a propane tank at the edge of a driveway........i wont be the one taking it.

not sure how many years ago it was but i remember having to exchange or get different tanks due to some new rule if the tank was 20 years or older. something to do with the valve. if i suspect one of my tanks where getting bad i'd do a tank exchange!!!! i'm not gonna blow up my garage or me inside a fishhouse  is i suspect a bad propane tank.

mom just told me my stepdad just had one of his big propane tanks for his shop filled. the propanr guy told him good thing he did it now........and she showed me some article in the paper.......if your big, say 500 or 1000 gallon tanks gets to be about 20-30% full, some guy has to come out and do some sort of saftey check on said tank to verify its still safe to fill!!!!!! so of course i got the lecture of making sure the cabin tank doesnt get to low!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
does it taste grilled???   looks darn good!!!
must be X rated!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i cant see no picture!!!!!! LPS...you grillin in the buff???????? :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
let them check it Glenn, then ya know all is good..  I had to do it a few years ago and it was well worth it... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
let them check it Glenn, then ya know all is good..  I had to do it a few years ago and it was well worth it...
was there a fee??????? think she said there was.  :scratch: yea i know better spend a few bucks to be safe........but we arent exactly just down the street either.

hell i remember not long after my dad died mom showed me a letter from cenex that said something about the price of tanks..... :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla:

price of steel going up   :bs: we already had the tank for years and they pulled this crap. i did send them a letter telling them i worked in the steel industry and there bolgna of having to charge us because of it was total  :bs: because the tank was built before that. against my wished to argue with them more  :sleazy: :sleazy: she just ended up paying for the tank........

i never get any fun arguing with people anymore!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
every outfit has there own way of doing things, some charge and some don't.. I use Rahn's out of Melrose.. no unless ya need equipment replaced..   I also own my tank too..  Ferrell, Cenex no thanks around here for me any way..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea we dont have a whole lot of options up there............. i do think i've seen a lkaes gas truck driving around. when i did check, they werent as customer service orientated as cenex!!!!!

And although its peanuts we have the card that does give us some money back based on what we spend at the store.........

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My lease is free since I use over a certain amount.  Maybe 500 gallons a year.  It it goes empty then they want to pressure check it when you fill it to make sure it didn't leak out.  They send a flyer to have you do it annually but I don't do that.  He did pressure check it when he put the new regulator on it.  Usually costs $50 for a pressure test but was part of the upgrade so no cost for the test.  And yes Mike the steak was pretty darn good.  I use an instant thermometer to keep an eye on the doneness of it. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We own our tank too & it's a 500 gallon 1. Even with the propane generator we rarely go through much more than 200 gallons a year. Once it warms up enough for the heat pump to run(~20*) we use very little LP.  We normally contract enough every year when they have 1 of their Spring or Fall fill specials to get through as well.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
which and where did you get your instant thermometer??  been thinking of getting one...   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Amazon?? Just a guess but knowin who we're talkin about :rolleyes:.......................... ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Amazon?? Just a guess but knowin who we're talkin about :rolleyes:.......................... ;) :laugh: :laugh:

should have thought of that too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yep..much to the shagrin of his FW!!!!! :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Amazon to the rescue out here in the sticks.  I couldn't be without one.  Instant digital read.  Was under $20 I think.  It's a ThermoPro. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought one for smoking fish. Bought it at the local hardware store made by Weber. Didn't buy the cheapest and I think the world of Weber products.

Think it was just under 20 bucks after the gubment got there cut.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother has had several & they're all from the same place, I'm sure. Might even be the same unit as it's pretty basic. :cool:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Amazon to the rescue out here in the sticks.  I couldn't be without one.  Instant digital read.  Was under $20 I think.  It's a ThermoPro.

that reads surface temp and internal temp with the probe right?? 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup just lay the probe on the surface or stick it in the meat or whatever you are cooking to see the temp.  I use it for hot dishes too.  Even when reheating in the oven it helps to see if your food is done.  I will do a pic of it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And here is my kit that I use when smoking things.

I can be doing a 5 hour smoke and be watching the Vikes and I know what temp it is at.  Fun to use.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
how high will it read???   and thanks!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it says to not use the probes in an oven over 500 degrees????  I don't use it for ribs since they are so thin.  I do use it when smoking sausages etc to get to 150 and be safe.  Great for turkey and prime ribs etc.
« Last Edit: February 02/22/22, 11:56:03 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking of reading the surface temp of the Blackstone griddle... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
use your finger.......when you say OUCH.its hot!!!!!! no need to thank me for the free advice!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rolleyes: :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
use your finger.......when you say OUCH.its hot!!!!!! no need to thank me for the free advice!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rolleyes: :evil:
get back to cleaning!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
get back to cleaning!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They do have those kind that you point at something and it tells the temp too.  Never used one though.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They do have those kind that you point at something and it tells the temp too.  Never used one though.
the one they use to see if you the rona?? :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

might be all kinds of them for sale cheap!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You may be right on the Glenn.  We are having fresh brats on the XL tonight.  Mayhaps some Bush's beans with them.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
You may be right on the Glenn.  We are having fresh brats on the XL tonight.  Mayhaps some Bush's beans with them.

You want to have the best Bush's Beans ever?

Add a can of Apple Pie Mix
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tonights supper.  Fresh brats and beans like I mentioned.  Fairly nice grill marks.