Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good couple of days  (Read 1010 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Took Gavin out setting traps 2 days ago.  The 10 year old boy is a sponge.   I let him pick the spots for the traps already.  He gets it.  He can usually find solid pinch points with very little guidance from me. 

The 1st spot was on a ditch where we hoped to intercept some traveling beaver.  Didn't connect at that spot.  Next spot was close to a busy road in a park I have a permit to trap.  We set quickly due to all the people.   Well, the trap was missing.  We thought maybe it was stolen.  Next spot where we set 4 traps we connected on all4 traps.  The boys were jumping and high 5ing.  62, 58, and 2  25 pounders.  The sled was so heavy the boys couldn't budge the sled.

Today was the second check.  Kids couldn't come so I was solo.

After thinking about the missing trap I told myself.  Self, you need to go fishing.   Fishing makes me happy.

I rushed making the set due to the location so I must have not anchored it good enough.   

10th cast I hooked my trap.  The reason the trap was gone.  I had anchored for a beaver.   Not I Giant.  72 pound behemoth. 

Next spot where we had 4 yesterday had 4 more.  Ugh, I forgot my sled at home.  Glad it was only 100 yards from the truck.  Sure wish the boys could have made it today.  72, 56,55,30, and 27 pounders.   I'm glad I only had 8 traps out.  I'm tuckered out.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
More pictures

[attachment deleted by admin]
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's awesome!!! Nice work with the boys DK.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Great job teaching the boys and finding your trap.    That used to suck when we lost a trap. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is so great!!!  you are the man!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman