Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4972728 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Since he's so ambitious, think I'll have Reb clean our roof off! Heck, I'd even give him a ride up there in the loader bucket. Just the kind of guy I am. Of course I'm sure he has to do the neighbor lady first... :rotflmao:

One side done...three to go!...and I was already pooped!  Boy, it was 1 1/2' high in spots! :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02/13/19, 07:10:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Since he's so ambitious, think I'll have Reb clean our roof off! Heck, I'd even give him a ride up there in the loader bucket. Just the kind of guy I am. Of course I'm sure he has to do the neighbor lady first... :rotflmao:

One side done...three to go!...and I was already pooped!  Boy, it was 1 1/2' high in spots! :doah:
hey dum dum…………...aint you suppose to be taken it easy with that need!!!!!! :angry2: :scratch: :doah: it don't need to be absolutely done immediately!!!!!!!!! GAWD some peoples kids!!!!!!!!! :confused: :crazy: :crazy: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

hey dum dum…………...aint you suppose to be taken it easy with that need!!!!!! :angry2: :scratch: :doah: it don't need to be absolutely done immediately!!!!!!!!! GAWD some peoples kids!!!!!!!!! :confused: :crazy: :crazy: :pouty:

well said!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Mr "I like calling names just like Trump", ya it did. Not gonna wait for the freezing drizzle to make it a solid block of snow ya can't rake....it was light fluff today. PLUS, the weekend is supposed to be -5, after the drizzle, glazing it solid; plus it was already way over the stacks. So, if ya wanted to come down in the -5 and chip away at the ice glazed snow, ya shoulda said so!!!  Ya coulda brought yer buddy Mikey,  and ya coulda BOTH chipped away at it!  And here's a "well said" for both of ya!!! :moon: :moon:  :mooning:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/19, 08:51:57 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
whatever...…….no sniveling!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
"Whatever"...."whatever"....get down here Saturday, the neighbors all need it done! They've already got 2' long icicles on their roof edges! Maybe ya can hit yerself over the head with one! Listen for the hollow sound that means it's ripe!!  *BONG* :bonk:   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/19, 08:47:21 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
"Whatever"...."whatever"....get down here Saturday, the neighbors all need it done! They've already got 2' long icicles on their roof edges! Maybe ya can hit yerself over the head with one! Listen for the hollow sound that means it's ripe!!  *BONG* :bonk:   :rotflmao:
I got my own things to deal with. You think your Superman, you do it if it's that important.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 15 above here this morning and a couple more inches of fresh snow. Have not been burning much wood the past few days with the warmer temps. No snow raking snow here at our place. I love having the steel roof until all the snow slides off the garage onto the drive way. Then i need to move it. Oh well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 17* for our start. It looks like we had some light flurries overnight as well. We're heading back to the deep freeze :thumbs: by this pm accordnig to Reb's weather buddies. ;) Road trip today as we're down to the last gallon of milk. There's an early dental appt on the books today too, so gonna havta roll early. All I've got for today, hope your Thursday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I do understand what yer sayin Reb about getting the snow done and I agree with ya..  not much going on today other than get things together for supper with the GF..  got the flowers and food all ready, just got to finish a few things indoors today and a little snow plowing..  have a good day fellers!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. -2 here in Bismarck and windy as all get out. Fargo has a winter weather advisory so could be an interesting drive home.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Slept in 'til 8:00. Feels good to be able to do that. 22* and sunny here. Just gonna slide 'er easy today. Will go out to see Mom later, that's about it. Gonna hit the hand car wash tomorrow and get Mr. Sparkles all sparkly again. Garage is pretty warm, so I can finish him up in there once I turn on the heaters. Speaking of heaters, I see Northern has all of their heaters, electric and propane ones, like the buddy, all on sale for up to 50% off. Might be worth checking out. Have a good day, all.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Having some Raisin Bran Crunch today.  Good stuff. Snowing like a banshee here.  Not sure how long it will last.  May have to hobble out to the plow truck later on when it is done and plow it all up.  Our piles are getting deep here too.  Good thing I made plenty of room for it all.  I used to use the wheeler and plow then get on the WD to pile it higher.  Glad I don't have to do that anymore. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Was 23 at choretime heading for a hi around 25. Feels downright tropical compared to last week. Going to tank again mañana they tell us. At least it will be windy and blow the snow around so we can move it a 3rd time. Broke a weld on the snow blower so I have no hydraulically controlled directional spout and the front seal is leaking on the gearbox a little more every time out. Thing is becoming a cash cow for the neighbor. Jumped on the skidsteer to clean up some drifts last nite and it died like it does every 10 years or so. Blows a 30 amp cartridge fuse. Must've used the last one so went w/a 20 amp I found in the tray on the tractor cab. Worked well enough so I could finish & get 'er back in the shed. Time to restock. Maybe more lambs ahead of this change in weather so am on alert. Ta ta!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just finished plowing the drifts from the driveway so today when the wind kicks up it can re-drift in again...........  only 6 more weeks of winter!!!  OH YEA!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Then the Spring floods start....will down here, anyway, with the record amount of snow...

Gonna be a late, soggy, Spring.

https://kttc.com/news/2019/02/13/ice-on-lake-pepin-running-from-10-to-21-inches-thick/
« Last Edit: February 02/14/19, 10:27:24 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
perfect timing, it just started snowing!!   :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Went up on my roof to shovel snow in a few key areas, man there's a lot of snow up der! I managed to get back down without killing myself. The most scary part for this fat old phart was getting from the roof back onto the extension ladder.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Went up on my roof to shovel snow in a few key areas, man there's a lot of snow up der! I managed to get back down without killing myself. The most scary part for this fat old phart was getting from the roof back onto the extension ladder.

I so hear ya roony, it gets worse every time I think!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
To me that as always been the worst part for me. Standing on the edge of a slope to get back on a ladder that could possibly slide out from under you.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It started spittin  :snow5: about 8:30 or so today in GR & by 11 it was gettin a lot more serious with some wind. The drive back home wasn't real nice especially the last 10 miles. 15-20 minutes, ~2 after we get back it quits snowing. :bonk: The wind is kickin in here now, bet glenn's drive home wasn't much fun. :pouty:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
To me that as always been the worst part for me. Standing on the edge of a slope to get back on a ladder that could possibly slide out from under you.
No climbing on the roof here :happy1:, if it don't come down with the 20' rake we got it can stay up there. Done ours twice now & I'm betting it was close to 1 1/2' both times. More towards the peaks.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty much the reason I purchased the snow rake. It's plastic. I can almost reach the peak at about 15 ft.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It started spittin  :snow5: about 8:30 or so today in GR & by 11 it was gettin a lot more serious with some wind. The drive back home wasn't real nice especially the last 10 miles. 15-20 minutes, ~2 after we get back it quits snowing. :bonk: The wind is kickin in here now, bet glenn's drive home wasn't much fun. :pouty:
well you 2 don't always go to go through and stop off in Inger ya know!! :sleazy: :pouty: :wowza: :rotflmao:

Yea that was a crazy drive home. 5 1/2 hours of crazy wind and blowing snow. UFFDA! :surrender: roads were good however.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Noticed two of my neighbors raked today.... :azn:  Had some sun with 29*, and now have clear roof where I raked. The rest have huge icicles... :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Noticed two of my neighbors raked today.... :azn:  Had some sun with 29*, and now have clear roof where I raked. The rest have huge icicles... :rolleyes:
well ya want a medal or chest to pin it on!! :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Neither. Already have both. Shouldn't you be up checking yer roof for something?   :mooning:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I cleaned my garage roof last weekend and all I got in return was more snow on it! :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! -8 here this morning, supposed to get up to 9 above I think today. And it is not snowing. Big plans for this weekend are to fish and fish. No more cutting wood for the winter. We decided 21 cord will be enough. We will go down to the hunting land this spring and cut a couple loads of popple. That will make up for the last three cord that we didn't get. I think it is time to go check out some fishing girls :hubba:. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have -4 in the garage. Got some laundry on the list otherwise it'll be a slow day. That's it for today, have a good 1