Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 244471 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You aren't gonna believe this.  This dude in Avon who is 20 but looks 35 was helping a guy named "Smurf" look for a gun to buy.  They gave the guy that got shot $800 for the gun and then shot him in the chest as he sat in the back seat.  He got out and ran and made it to the hospital and is still alive.  "SMURF" is still at large and is 21 years old.  GLENN do not go outside. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You aren't gonna believe this.  This dude in Avon who is 20 but looks 35 was helping a guy named "Smurf" look for a gun to buy.  They gave the guy that got shot $800 for the gun and then shot him in the chest as he sat in the back seat.  He got out and ran and made it to the hospital and is still alive.  "SMURF" is still at large and is 21 years old.  GLENN do not go outside.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: there's an imposter!!!🤭 I ain't near that young!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'd pass the hat for him except he just told us he bamboozled a raise out of Teals already.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the scoop is in. :sleazy: well according to the local paper anyway.

The 20 year old turned himself in. He was the driver of the car and is charged with aiding and abetting and aggravated robbery.

They apparently where selling or trying to sell an untraceable firearm. There looking for the shooter yet.

You heard it from me first. :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the scoop is in. :sleazy: well according to the local paper anyway.

The 20 year old turned himself in. He was the driver of the car and is charged with aiding and abetting and aggravated robbery.

They apparently where selling or trying to sell an untraceable firearm. There looking for the shooter yet.

You heard it from me first. :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1: :rotflmao:

just read that too, and his name is "Smurf"!!!   it was in the artical!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: :tut: :tut: was not!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yes it does!!!  and here it is!!

A man selling a "ghost gun" shot the prospective buyer, an Avon teenager, in the chest with the weapon before driving off with the victim's money.

That's according to charges filed in Stearns County District Court Thursday against Grant A. Monaghan, pictured above. The 20-year-old St. Cloud man is not accused of pulling the trigger, but prosecutors allege he helped set up the transaction and was in the car Tuesday morning when the shooting occurred.

The victim, who has not been identified, stumbled to a neighbor's house immediately after being shot and called 911. The bullet, fired from a .40 caliber weapon, went through his chest and out his back, resulting in "significant" injuries the charges say. He was taken to North Memorial Hospital and underwent surgery, where the complaint says he remained "heavily sedated and intubated." The Stearns County Sheriff's Office said Thursday he was in stable condition.

Monaghan is charged with aiding and abetting second-degree assault, as well as aiding and abetting aggravated robbery with a firearm. He turned himself into police, the charges say, and explained how the shooting stemmed from the sale of a "ghost gun" — a firearm that is assembled from separate parts purchased online, and therefore not traceable, the complaint says.

Here's what happened, according to Monaghan's account in the criminal complaint:

A week or two before the shooting, Monaghan learned an acquaintance known as "Smurf" was trying to sell a "ghost gun." Monaghan agreed to help find a buyer in exchange for $100 from the sale. So he took a photo, posted it on Snapchat and connected with the victim.

Monaghan met Smurf  in St. Cloud so they could drive to Avon for the meeting.When Smurf got in the car (a Malibu with Texas license plates), he racked the .40-caliber gun to load a round into the chamber, which Monaghan considered "out of the ordinary."

In Avon, the victim got in the back seat of the Malibu, on the passenger side behind Smurf while Monaghan remained in the driver's seat.

The victim handed Smurf $800 in cash for the firearm — at which point Smurf used it to shoot the victim in the chest. The victim ran out of the car, and Smurf yelled at Monaghan to drive.

They went back to St. Cloud and cleaned out the Malibu (with Smurf looking for the single casing), then hid the vehicle at an acquaintance's home. They also broke the phone used to communicate with the victim.

Investigators found surveillance video from the area where the shooting happened, with footage lining up with Monaghan's account. They also found a bullet path through the shoulder area of the front passenger seat of the car, consistent with firing toward the back seat.

They also uncovered cellphone and social media evidence showing the victim talking to Monaghan about the gun for sale and how he needed to get cash.

The whereabouts of "Smurf" are unknown, the Stearns County Sheriff's Office said Thursday. He is identified in the complaint filed against Monaghan, though has not been arrested and he does not appear to have been criminally charged at this point. Anyone with information is asked to call the Avon Police Department at 320-356-7575 or the sheriff’s office at 320-251-4240.

Monaghan made his first court appearance Thursday. He is due back in court March 14.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow! Other people mail glenn stuff too apparently... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I ain't seen no such article  :confused: and I'm innocent!! :happy1: :surrender: :angel: :angel:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I did some crazy crap as a kid, but shooting somebody never really entered into the thought process. Whole bunch of lives ruined in one transaction.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Is there a reward for turning Smurf in?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Is there a reward for turning Smurf in?
:shocked: :shocked: :doah: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered that too Roony but wasn't gonna tell Glenn so he could flee. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I got $1. :sleazy: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A buck's a buck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A buck's a buck.
:pouty: :pouty: :confused: i'm the rodney dangerfield of MNO!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :taz: :pouty:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, I always assumed Glenn was white?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, I always assumed Glenn was white?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i am and law abiding!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: iffin ya look up the word " saint" in the dictionary you'll see my picture next to it!!!  :happy1: :happy1: