Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MLB playoffs  (Read 9112 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Texas is #4($251 mil) in payroll, behind only the 2 NY teams & SD, & just ahead of Philly, LAD, & Astros. If 2 of the teams on either coast were in it, it might've been the most watched Game 1 ever IMO. :pouty:
« Last Edit: October 10/31/23, 11:57:36 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
No longer America's pass time.  Folks would rather watch a bad football game than a great baseball game. :crazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That play that Seager made to start the double play in the 8th last night was big IMO as Chapman was not sharp....................again..................& it felt like the game was about to get away from the Rangers. So where the 3 innings they got from Gray when Scherzer had to leave the game. That saved at least 1, maybe 2, guys in bullpen for tonight's game. I'd like to see it go 7 so I'll be pullin for the D-backs tonight.
« Last Edit: October 10/31/23, 03:11:21 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :pouty: It wasn't much of a game last night, but the stands were still full when it ended. :cool:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What do they say...?  The World Series doesn't start until a visiting team wins a game.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I definitely like the D-backs-against-the-wall narrative of this next game.  AND, I like their chances.  With the nicked up Rangers, will the Diamondbacks be able to win 3 in a row?  I'm thinking they can win one tonight unless Evolde can rebound and throw one for the ages.  :popcorn:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe I will watch now that it is getting interesting.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to the Rangers.  Its always a little more fun when the team you're rooting for wins.

Evolde answered the bell.  So did the Ranger bullpen.  And they got clutch hitting.

D-Backs have nothing to be ashamed of.  They have lots of young talent and will be back.  They won't want this bad taste in their mouths again.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Arizona deserved to lose. They were 0-12 with runners in scoring position. Texas pitcher had a no hitter into the 7th inning. Then they got hits and scored runs. Good for them. First world series win in 62 years. Hard to believe they had 110 loses just 2 years ago. Signed the right free agents the past 2 years.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they had RISP every inning 1-5, Eovaldi was at his best when he needed it the most. :cool: A bit ironic that the game winning RBI came from their DH,  ex-Twin, Garver. Who had a pretty good series IMO, especially after Garcia went down.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
OOPs.....Arizona pitcher had a no hitter into the 7th.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
3rd time thru the rotation got to him.  :scratch: :doah: :embarrassed: :azn:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually, Garver was only 2/19 in 5 games, but he did have 3 BB & 3 RBIs. So.............not really that good. Gallen almost looked like he ran out of gas to me :scratch:, as he missed his spot on the last 2 batters. Seager's hit was on a good pitch & off the very end of his bat.  :bow:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was kinda ready for the playoffs to be over anyway.  Its hunting season.  ;)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: Not much of a hunter here.  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And I'm not much of a "Master Outdoorsman!"   :rotflmao: :bonk: :coffee:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It pains me to say this but it wasn't much of a series if you ask me. I watched every pitch last night but other than Evoldi dodging a Bullitt every inning it wasn't particularly entertaining.

Good to see Bochy win again.
« Last Edit: November 11/03/23, 06:38:41 AM by dutchboy »
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's hard not to like Bochy. I thought Longoria's liner to left was going to fall in there in the 2nd inning. :pouty: Too bad it didn't, I would've liked to see it at least go back to Texas.