Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532592 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Zim/Spieman era has been in and out.  IMHO, it has taken the Vikings organization a long time for them to recover from hiring Brad Childress in 2006 and letting Mike Tomlin walk in 2007.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If Chilly was as good as he thought he was we would have a couple of Super Bowls by now. Turns out he wasn't all that good.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
lota of stuff in the news  that Deshawn Watson had his fill in houston.

wonder if we could trade cousins for watson!!!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Who else would Houston have to throw in?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I was thinking the Vikings would have to throw in Cook to make it work. :rotflmao:

But iffin it could, JJ Watts would be nice, to answer your question. :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I was thinking the Vikings would have to throw in Cook to make it work. :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
lota of stuff in the news  that Deshawn Watson had his fill in houston.

wonder if we could trade cousins for watson!!!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Maybe :scratch: if you agreed to pay for 1/2 the new deal ;) :laugh: :laugh: that he just signed in Sept. It was ONLY for $156 mil/4 years & just shy of $74 mil guaranteed. Vikes have no cap space & that was the main reason so many left this year.
« Last Edit: January 01/18/21, 10:11:48 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: You been hangin out & vapin with that new guy? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: You been hangin out & vapin with that new guy? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: Yea so......

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  Vikings: What could Minnesota get in return for Kirk Cousins? :confused:

:scratch: .... View ..... :scratch:

:coffee: ......
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vikings-what-could-minnesota-get-in-return-for-kirk-cousins/ar-BB1dgrIq?li=BBnbfcL&pfr=1
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have not been a Kirk lover but he is getting better every year and he is not why the Vikings are not winning. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Kirk's they devil they know. 

Deshon Watson is the QB out there with all the upside, but if what the Lions got for a tail-end-of-his-career Mathew Stafford is the going rate, then Watson should get more.

The Vikes have too many holes on the roster to give up that many first round draft picks.

Besides Deshon, who else would you want?  :confused:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
   Here Come the Cousins Trade Rumors

Update  :coffee:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/here-come-the-cousins-trade-rumors/ar-BB1diAjc?li=BBnbfcL&pfr=1

And here is the money quote...

"What does make sense is for the Vikings to extend Cousins in a reasonable deal, maybe even convince him to take a Tom Brady, below market deal, now that his family’s financial security is well in hand for generations, provide continuity and stability the rest of his career, and give him and the team a better chance at winning a Super Bowl. In any case, using a signing bonus to push more salary cap into future years when the salary cap will be higher, allowing the Vikings to keep or acquire more talent this coming year."

I wonder... would you guys have done the Goff deal?  Would you have traded Cousins for Goff, two #1s and one #3 draft pick?

Maybe the Niners are willing to make a similar trade with us now.

We'd have to overpay to get Watson.  How about if someone overpays us to get Cousins.  Just sayin...
« Last Edit: February 02/02/21, 08:21:07 AM by Steve-o »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: I seen an article which said that Shanahan is still a fan of Cousin's from their days at Washington but it also said that Lynch is known for gathering draft picks so he was unlikely to do a similar trade. It went on to say that he'd been quoted as saying that he thinks the Rams gave up to much in the Goff/Stafford trade & it would hurt them down the line which in turn would be a plus for the 49er's.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Accuracy & credibility has gone out the window in journalism. Today it's who can throw some mud against the wall and get it to stick. Mention enough players & teams and you eventually will get close. In the meantime the players family and friends have to read this crap and answer questions about it.

Maybe a rumor that X writer is about to be fired is due to be leaked out.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/here-come-the-cousins-trade-rumors/ar-BB1diAjc?li=BBnbfcL&pfr=1

"What does make sense is for the Vikings to extend Cousins in a reasonable deal, maybe even convince him to take a Tom Brady, below market deal, now that his family’s financial security is well in hand for generations, provide continuity and stability the rest of his career, and give him and the team a better chance at winning a Super Bowl. In any case, using a signing bonus to push more salary cap into future years when the salary cap will be higher, allowing the Vikings to keep or acquire more talent this coming year."

I wonder... would you guys have done the Goff deal?  Would you have traded Cousins for Goff, two #1s and one #3 draft pick?

We'd have to overpay to get Watson.  How about if someone overpays us to get Cousins.  Just sayin...
this is going  pain me a bit, but to answer Steveo's question ............NO!!!1 i'll admit Cousins aint a bad QB but that same article or another one i read said the Vikings are way better off building around Cousins......and i agree they need help in a few areas.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm mixed on Cousins.  I'm happy to roll with him.

But the Belichick philosophy is to deal a player one year too early rather than hang onto him one year too long.  Sell high.  Buy Low.

It all depends on which direction the Vikings brain trust wants to go.  Personally, I think both their whole defense and offensive line is at least 2 years away from making a serious playoff push.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Accuracy & credibility has gone out the window in journalism. Today it's who can throw some mud against the wall and get it to stick. Mention enough players & teams and you eventually will get close. In the meantime the players family and friends have to read this crap and answer questions about it.

Maybe a rumor that X writer is about to be fired is due to be leaked out.
It's NOT just the reporters/writers or just sports either, the networks are just as bad or worse. Listen to the same news story on CNN & then Fox News :crazy:, that'll have most of us goin  :thumbs: :pouty:
« Last Edit: February 02/02/21, 10:36:44 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

this is going  pain me a bit, but to answer Steveo's question ............NO!!!1 i'll admit Cousins aint a bad QB but that same article or another one i read said the Vikings are way better off building around Cousins......and i agree they need help in a few areas.
:shocked:        ;) :laugh: :laugh: 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Anything that costs more than one draft choice will hamstring us for another year or two.  We need multiple new players on our team.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Breaking News....Breaking News....Breaking News....Breaking News....Breaking News....
 :oscar: Dis Just In........: Dis Just In........ :doah:

:reporter; .. Vikings insider throws water on Kirk Cousins trade speculation :confused:

:crazy: ....
While rumors continue to swirl surrounding Kirk Cousins' future in Minnesota, it doesn't look like he'll get traded this offseason.

:coffee: .....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vikings-insider-throws-water-on-kirk-cousins-trade-speculation/ar-BB1dmUqc?li=BBnbfcL
« Last Edit: February 02/04/21, 02:09:26 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
There never was a chance they traded him. It was just more crap started by somebody needing to publish a article. The only reason they would have traded him is if he forced his way out like Diggs did.

Now, the rumor that Spielman is working on a Zimmer for Lefleur trade with Green Bay might be true.......or maybe not.   ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They keep bringing us back to the love affair Shanahan has with Cousins as the basis to these trade rumors.  I didn't read the thing above yet but one theory which was fun to read was Cousins to New England, so Watson to Vikes, 49ers keep Garoppolo.  Fun theories but will believe it when I see it. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
A) Cousins isn't a Belichick type of quarterback, so no.
B) Watson has a full no trade, so no.
C) Niners will jettison Garoppolo if they get a chance.

Of all the things the Vikings need a quarterback isn't one of them. They have to many other issues to address to worry about without adding contract money.

Many of these rumors are started by agents & teams to further what their agenda is.

I find the rumors more funny than serious.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
There never was a chance they traded him. It was just more crap started by somebody needing to publish a article. The only reason they would have traded him is if he forced his way out like Diggs did.

Now, the rumor that Spielman is working on a Zimmer for Lefleur trade with Green Bay might be true.......or maybe not.   ;)

I'm all for a Zimmer trade or change. New blood at the lead may help.  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A) Cousins isn't a Belichick type of quarterback, so no.
B) Watson has a full no trade, so no.
C) Niners will jettison Garoppolo if they get a chance.

Of all the things the Vikings need a quarterback isn't one of them. They have to many other issues to address to worry about without adding contract money.

Many of these rumors are started by agents & teams to further what their agenda is.

I find the rumors more funny than serious.
I Agree..........they need help in other areas then QB. although i will still say Cousins wont get us to the promise land. well, maybe if he can get help on the O-line and a better defense then last year.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
As it turns pit Case Keenum had as good a chance as any quarterback as the Vikings have had recently.

Don't bring that Bridgewater crap here either.   :tut:   ;)