Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 533069 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I just hope he stays healthy enough to be on the field. :confused:

His history isnt all that good
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
been seeing that the Vikings are "hosting" Kareem Hunt????? not so sure what i think about having him. wasnt he kinda a thug back in his KC days????? :surrender:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that he left without a deal and that the Colts may sign him.  Hope so. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Dalvin Cook’s deal with Jets frees up $2 million for Vikings

Dalvin Cook’s gain is Minnesota’s gain, too.

With Cook agreeing to terms on a one-year deal with a base value of $7 million, the Vikings will be able to close the books on Cook’s contract.

Cook had $2 million in fully-guaranteed base salary for 2023, subject to offset. The contract with the Jets offsets the full amount of the salary the Vikings would have owed Cook.

The Vikings plan to go forward with Alexander Mattison and Ty Chandler leading the way. They reported have interest in Kareem Hunt, which would diversify their backfield — and which would likely result in all three costing less than Cook would have cost in 2023.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thing with Hunt they talked last year how he's really slowed down!!!!!!!

kinda like all you old guys!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :evil:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure hope Hunt is out of the picture now.  Remember there is a video of him hitting a woman and knocking her down. Not sure if it was his girlfriend or what.  We don't need him. I just read that this morning.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Some starting running back is going to get hurt in preseason or early in the regular season and Hunt will catch on then.  I do hope it ain't the Vikes, but the better you play, the more 2nd chances you get in the NFL.

It will be interesting to see what kind of a season Cookie has with Erin Rodgers at QB.  Say what you will about Erin, he does have the ability to make other players better.  (Even though he is just as likely to throw other under the bus to save his own face.)  Still, I think there is the potential for Cook and Rodgers wo complement each other.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Cook signed with Jets, no more purple for him I guess... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Correct.  Vikes don't get the Jet this year.  Tough schedule though otherwise:  Eagles, Chargers, Chief, 49ers, Bengals.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure how much one can believe on these MSN feeds but seen today they had a Mike Davis, a running back, in town for a work out???? last week it was Kareem Hunt????

thought they were pretty set at running back?????????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't get it neither Glenn. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: Mattison has never carried the ball 135 times in a season & Chandler, the #2, has never even had 10 carries. Cook averaged almost 270 carries the last 4 seasons. Plus, the # 3 guy is hurt & the rookie has struggled in camp. In fact, Mattison is listed as questionable on their depth chart right now.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That doesn't sound good. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
4 Vikings Players from 2022 Remain FAs after Dalvin Cook to NYJ

Among them...  Cameron Dantzler (CB)

Dantzler has encountered a wild offseason — and not necessarily in a good way.
- He was surprisingly waived by the Vikings on March 10, later claimed by the Washington Commanders on March 13.
- On May 30th the Commanders also waived Dantzler, his second offseason waiver.
- The Buffalo Bills swooped in a week later and inked the young defender to a one-year agreement. Three weeks later, he was released with an injury designation.

As recently as November of last year, Dantzler was a sure-thing starter for the Vikings. That escalated quickly.

I guess that is one of the reasons why the Vikes had another historically bad defense last year.  :thumbs:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very interesting.  I wondered what the deal was with him. I thought he was doing fairly good.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
super bowl bound baby!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

right Dutchy!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: August 08/17/23, 12:25:16 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Ran across this & thought some of you might like to read it. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vikings-titans-joint-practice-recap-day-1-defenses-come-out-ahead/
That link didn't work for me.  The article was gone.  However, I found it on SI.com.  Vikings-Titans Joint Practice Recap, Day 1: Defenses Come Out Ahead
:scratch:  :confused:
I don't know how that MSN.com new page works for everyone else.  But if the story you linked to wasn't available on "my" version of the MSN.com page, it took me to the main MSN page. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Same here. :pouty:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It does the same for me...............now, but it worked when I posted it because I tried it. The 1 I posted mentioned that both coaches warned their players that anyone fighting would be sitting down immediately though. So, that could possibly cost some guys looking to make the team a job.
« Last Edit: August 08/18/23, 07:30:50 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It seems those team fights are always a problem at joint practices. 

No team wants to lose a player in preseason due to injury.  No team ESPECIALLY wants to lose a player to injury because of a fight in a joint practice.

Save it for the game between the lines and the whistles.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Case in point...  No one was hurt - except maybe Bradbury's pride.

Watch: Garrett Bradbury thrown like he's a rag doll by Teari Tart

Minnesota and Tennessee practiced against each other on Wednesday and Thursday and the beef between Tart and Bradbury appears to have been gaining momentum ever since Tart knocked Justin Jefferson to the ground with a push from behind on Wednesday.  Bradbury stepped in to protect Jefferson when it happened, and the tension boiled over Thursday when Tart allegedly threw a punch at Bradbury. That got Tart ejected from practice, but not before cameras caught Tart obliterating Bradbury in a drill earlier in the session.

It was one play where Tart had the leverage on Bradbury, but boy do folks like to blow things out of proportion. 

If the first-teamers do get to play any in the 2nd pre-season game, it will be interesting to see if Bradbury and Tart get to go against each other.   training-087
« Last Edit: August 08/18/23, 01:04:48 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully they won't need him to play, and if they do, that he is a late bloomer.

That is one of the facinating things about the NFL. There are so any incredible, skilled athletes out there, but so few can make it at the highest level in the NFL.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that the 49ers traded Trey Lance to the Cowboys for a 4th round pick.  Darn I would have liked to see us work with him for a year and see how he did. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And to think everything the 49ers gave up to get him.  Its all water over the dam.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Life goes on. The 49'ers are Super Bowl contenders year in and year out. If the kid wasn't going to play dump him and move on. The money doesn't matter as the NFL with their partnership with gambling are dripping money. The Lance contract is pocket change in the couch. If they win the Super Bowl the draft picks won't matter either.

As far as going to Dallas that will work well for Lance. He can learn while there with no media pressure. Jerry runs things at Jerry World and if he wants to deflect interest in players he does.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093