Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532605 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Think we are going to see a whole lot more of JJ pouting with this Addison! :surrender:

A good Addison will only make things easier for Jefferson.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Think we are going to see a whole lot more of JJ pouting with this Addison! :surrender:

A good Addison will only make things easier for Jefferson.
i totally agree but its taking the limelight away from JJ, i get the idea after that past few years ole JJ aint gonna like it!!!!!

guess we shall see down the road!!!!1
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to know how things will turn out.  I'm sure JJ will show Addison the ropes.  We MN fans are a finicky bunch.  We love to see the great plays, not so much the hold-out-for-more-money attitude.  Players HAVE to adopt that "its just business" attitude when their teammates try to maximize their earnings.  Fans don't.

We'll see if this is a trend...

Stefon Diggs was all that and more.  Wanted more money.  Wanted to play for a winner.  Out he goes.
Enter JJ.  He's all that and more too.  Wants more money than anyone.  Wants to play for a winner.  We'll see if either happens.
Enter Addison.  Seems to have all the tools he needs to succeed in the NFL if he wants to put in the work.  We'll see if he does.

Seems like high power college programs are minting top flight receivers at a high rate now.  The best college athletes see a path to success in the NFL and they ARE putting in the work.  As long as there is a steady stream of guys into the league, it will eventually put a cap on what teams are willing to pay the best receivers - especially when QBs still demand the most money and linemen are needed to protect them.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/12/23, 06:17:34 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
He does say all the right things.  He is leaving it up to his agent.  One game in, he is focused on the field.  He ain't wrong when he says, ""I mean, I'm in a different situation.  I've done something that no one has ever done in the history of the game. So, my situation is a little bit different than everybody else's."

It makes sense for both parties to get to that 2nd contract before the 4th and 5th year, but not if his asking price prohibits the team from signing a QB or paying offensive linemen.  If JJ gets hurt before that contract gets signed, he's out big money.

Still, I need to take my purple sunglasses off.  I'd probably do just what JJ and his agent are doing.  Yeah, I'd respectfully listen to the Vikings contract extension offers.  But at the end of the day, JJ is a WR#1, and he needs a QB to throw him the ball.  If the Vikes don't sign one next year, who knows how many years it will be before they get another top-10 thrower.  If the Vikes don't get that figured out, I think I'd finish off my rookie deal and go to free agency in two years.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thing is if JJ can get s new deal............it usually means more$$$$$ before his rookie contract is up!!!!!!

and he aint  :bs:'ing me.........its all about the money!!!!!!! :tut: :surrender:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
thing is if JJ can get s new deal............it usually means more$$$$$ before his rookie contract is up!!!!!!

and he aint  :bs:'ing me.........its all about the money!!!!!!! :tut: :surrender:
:scratch: Well, it must be true then.........................because we all know you ARE an EXPERT on :bs:. :doah:                     ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Well, it must be true then.........................because we all know you ARE an EXPERT on :bs:. :doah:                     ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: AND i learned it from the best.........all you guys here!!!!!!! :mooning: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: He's already making more money off the field than on. https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=169&q=justin+jefferson+endorsement+deals.&cvid=a9fc997105ed4db7abaa666fd532ef92&a
I don't know if JJ is doing the same thing Gronk did, but didn't Grock sock away all of his NFL earnings as investments and use his endorsements for maintaining his lifestyle?  (Or maybe it was the other way around.)

Either way, JJ ain't livin' check to check.  Hate to see it when these guys end up broke after their playing days are over.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, try to impress their home boys and they help blow the whole wad.  Family can do that too if you let them.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Now that Rogers is toast.....how about Vikes trading Cousins to the Jets for their first round pick. Since Rogers's trade for a first round pick is based on him playing 60% snaps and he won't be.....Jets have their pick back again.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, try to impress their home boys and they help blow the whole wad.  Family can do that too if you let them.
Thing is...  it just isn't NFL players or pro athletes.  So many lottery winners also end up bankrupt as well.  When someone who doesn't know how to handle wealth gets more money than they know what to do with, it seldom ends well.  At least the NFL does a good job - now - of coaching rookies on money management.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Warning:  If you are going to the Vikes game do not wear Vikes clothing.  Don't jump up and cheer or the thugs in that shethole of a town will follow you to the parking lot and kick your butt.  Isn't that just disgusting?  I wouldn't go if I was given free tickets.  There is so much crime there I wonder if they even have any law enforcement. 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
The city of brotherly love.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Another prime example of the NFL looking the other way from criminal activity when there is skads of money to be made.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
 Good thing we don't have any crime in the Twin Cities   :fish2:  :fish2:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Warning:  If you are going to the Vikes game do not wear Vikes clothing.  Don't jump up and cheer or the thugs in that shethole of a town will follow you to the parking lot and kick your butt.  Isn't that just disgusting?  I wouldn't go if I was given free tickets.  There is so much crime there I wonder if they even have any law enforcement.

My brother has lived in Philly for many moons. Everything it's advertised to be and more.  :doah:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing we don't have any crime in the Twin Cities   :fish2:  :fish2:
Twin Cities has plenty of crime, and its getting worse.  But last time I checked, Vikings fans at U.S. Bank stadium doesn't have systemic issues with criminally assaulting fans from other cities:  not even Green Bay.  ;)  Point is, the NFL COULD step in to clean it up, but they don't want to piss of the fan base in a market that gives them a lot of money.

This from a Philly city magazine:  Eagles Fans Behaving Badly: The Decade-by-Decade History

The FOX affiliate in Minneapolis recently likened us to a street gang, which wouldn’t be such a devastating comparison if it weren’t so damn accurate.

“Philly fans don’t scream for a win; they’re out for serious blood,” Dallas Morning News reporter Richard Justice wrote years ago when describing Veterans Stadium, the now-infamous former home of the Eagles from 1971 to 2003. This culture of depravity extends back generations – predating the Kennedy assassination! – and while the miscreants represent but only a small corner of the Birds Nest, their actions are often so unforgivable that they become the stuff of legend...

...In any event, the bottom line is games aren’t nearly as unruly as they used to be. And that’s a good thing. But foe beware, because this is still Philadelphia and men like Taylor Hendricks will always be in attendance on Sundays.

The rest of the article in-between is worth a read.  They don't focus on all the personal assaults on visiting fans, but more on the otherwise stupid, notorious stuff that happened.  Taylor Hendricks was a guy who got thrown out of a game because he was too drunk.  On the way to the hoosegow he punched a police horse.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikings are 0-1 because of this?  :huh: :angry: :embarrassed:

Vikings were tipping defensive signals in loss to Bucs, Baker Mayfield says

Mayfield was more diplomatic in after the game, but Buccaneers running back Rachaad White was a bit more boastful...  :doah:

"'White said of Mayfield, via ESPN. "He's like, 'I know all these signals. If they do this, they going to Cover 2, they do this, they're going to Cover 3. Every time I alert this, they drop and they do this signal, they drop him back to this.' And I'm like, 'Wow, that's amazing.'"

"When it comes down to that, you're always trying to find tendencies in the defense – just those in-game adjustments [where] you're trying to find those tendencies. Sometimes it's a little different than others," Mayfield added.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Then why is it they only beat the Vikings by 3???? :scratch:

After some research I seen the Vikings game is on KSTP, our channel 9. :happy1:  iffin I don't get I nap I won't make halftime. :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Then why is it they only beat the Vikings by 3???? :scratch:
Because they didn't have to beat us by any more than that.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
with the way they / he blabbered they should of scored 40 more.  :crazy:

how bout dem vikings tonight.......cant hold onto the ball and there running through our defense like we have no front d line!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: ni-nite!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Another game that we gave away. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Philly is supposed to have the great offensive line, but that ground and pound drive they had...  :doah:  Looks like they didn't add enough horses to the defense.

And the Vikes only had 28 rush yards all game!!!   :embarrassed:  No wonder they were looking high and low - working out running backs half-way thru training camp.

So far they look like the EXACT same Vikings team as last year 'cept they don't have Dalvin Cook and they are losing the 1-score games instead of winning them.  :scratch:  And in typical MN sports team fashion - they play down (Tampa) or up (Philly) to their competition.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Glenn lasted longer than I did. I don't think the outcome was ever in doubt. I watched the Eagles march down the field running the ball like they were playing against high school kids. At that point I was done. Cousins may throw the ball 2,000 times this year.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And every time Cousins gets hit - and its gonna be a lot - the broadcaster are going to remind us of his grimacing-in-pain scenes from the Netflix Quarterbacks show.

By the end of the year ol' Kapt Kirk will be glad he didn't sign a long term deal with this team that is inept at building an above average offensive line.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just 2 games in & this season is ALL BUT OVER. :pouty: From ESPN's recap of the game: UH-OH & 2

Since 1990, 270 teams began a season 0-2. Only 31 of those advanced to the postseason (11.5%). Minnesota was a playoff team last year after a 13-4 regular season.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just 2 games in & this season is ALL BUT OVER. :pouty: From ESPN's recap of the game: UH-OH & 2

Since 1990, 270 teams began a season 0-2. Only 31 of those advanced to the postseason (11.5%). Minnesota was a playoff team last year after a 13-4 regular season.

what do  they know?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: they'll get the boat turned around!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: