Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532992 times)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Can you blame him? He could end up with a 3rd string guy throwing him the ball. Then where are his stats?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Read an article earlier about JJ  not signing an offer the Vikings made to him reportedly making his the highest paid player and he declined.

The article said he's waiting to see what the QB situation will be in particular with Cousins.
:confused: :scratch: So.......................they offered him more than Burrow's $55 mil/yr? :sleazy: :nerd:  :evil:                  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Can you blame him? He could end up with a 3rd string guy throwing him the ball. Then where are his stats?
  :pouty: I'm not the least bit surprised either, db. :doah: I started trying to tell all the Cousins haters that this was a very real possibility last season. :rolleyes: Then again, when they couldn't get a deal done with Cousins to start this year. :thumbs:
« Last Edit: October 10/04/23, 06:28:44 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was one of the Cousins haters but have mellowed now.  Yes he lacks in movement but he is sure accurate when he has time.  We may be begging him to return for another year by the time this is all done.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Read an article earlier about JJ  not signing an offer the Vikings made to him reportedly making his the highest paid player and he declined.

The article said he's waiting to see what the QB situation will be in particular with Cousins.
:confused: :scratch: So.......................they offered him more than Burrow's $55 mil/yr? :sleazy: :nerd:  :evil:                  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
:scratch: i cant say with 100% certainty..but i know he was going to be rewarded as one of the highest paid......maybe at wide reciever.

it was like 4-5 hours after i read the article that i posted it so i may have forgot some of  the finer details!!!!!!!!! :doah: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
totally agree!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothin wrong with wantin it all when y'er young, I guess...  :scratch:

I want to be the best.
I want to make the most.
I want to win a ring.

That is why I was thinking before...  If Cousins ain't QB Plan A, and you don't have Plan B, trade JJ for a king's ransom to the first team who will give you one, so you have the assets to go out and get Plan B and an offensive line to protect him.
P.S.  There ain't no "I" in "TEAM"  :doofus:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sure sounds like a likely scenario.  He's not going to hang around here when he can be on a Super Bowl team next season. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see that the Chiefs are favored by 5 and the OU is 53.5.  That is a high OU.  So what's with the Chiefs only beating the Jets by 3 last week?  Is Mahones ankle bothering him. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So what's with the Chiefs only beating the Jets by 3 last week?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AHA!!!  I should have known.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That sure sounds like a likely scenario.  He's not going to hang around here when he can be on a Super Bowl team next season. 
:scratch: If it's a trade he doesn't like he just threatens &/or actually does sit out & leaves as a FA. He then goes where he wants & the Vikings get nothing. :doah:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikes still have the 5th year option on a first round drafted player, yes? 

But if there was a player who would break the mold and sit out a whole year, it would be JJ (or Stefon Diggs  :bonk:). 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: If he sits out a whole year & he won't, we might be looking for a new GM & HC IMO too.
« Last Edit: October 10/05/23, 08:27:18 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Adofo-Mensa is still finding his way, but the Wilfs are loyal owners.  They'll give him more rope.

And KOC (Not to be confused with Glenn, the KOD) seems to be a pretty good coach.  You might like every call he makes or can find ways to blame him for bad decisions at the end of halves, but on the whole, unless you could get Tony Dungy, I don't know who else you would want to put in that spot.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Seen this https://www.fox9.com/sports/vikings-qb-kirk-cousins-takes-family-to-twins-playoff-game & thought it was kind of :cool:.
I thought I'd copy Gunner's post to the Vikings thread and ask this....

Yeah, pretty much everything you see about Kirk points out what a good guy he is.  IF the Vikings can only figure out how to sign either Kirk Cousins or Justin Jefferson, which one would you want them to keep?  :popcorn:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Based on the article I read the other day JJ signs a long term deal if Capn Kirk stays.

So I'd guess both.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And as usual the O line dictates how good both of them are. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup and yup. 

Trouble is, JJ wants to reset the bar for WR1 salaries, up until now Kapt. Kirk has been unwilling to take a haircut and give the Vikes the home town discount, and they STILL need to upgrade their O line.

It beats me how all that will fit under the cap.  But for now, The Vikes have time.  Time to see if Kirk can still perform at a high level despite the teams other deficiencies.  Time to see how many games they are going to lose and find out how high their draft pick will be.  And time to see how JJ plays his cards the rest of the season.  A lot can happen between now and then.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :doofus: :doah: i just read the vikings signed former row da boat QB Tanner Morgan!!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :shocked:

good gawd......thats the best they gotz to choose from!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Chiefs were favored by 5 - 5.5.  Just looked at the Vegas numbers and it is down to 3 - 3.5.  Wonder what is up with that?  Mahome's ankle?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
And as usual the O line dictates how good both of them are. 
Cousins is at his best when he's doing play action & if they can't run or won't because they are too far behind, the offense struggles big time. Then the defense is on the field way too much & that's not good either. :rolleyes: Cleveland has shown improvement in his pass protection, Ingram not so much. :sad:
« Last Edit: October 10/05/23, 06:35:56 PM by Gunner55 »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
:pouty: :doofus: :doah: i just read the vikings signed former row da boat QB Tanner Morgan!!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :shocked:

good gawd......thats the best they gotz to choose from!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :confused:

Smoke n Mirrors taught him everything there is to know about defenses. Morgan will be assistant Defensive Coordinator in charge of tutoring Flores.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
^^^^^^^ :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: the news said he's signed to the practice squad!!!! but still!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He is the Gopher's #2 all time passer?  :rolleyes: A six-year student-athlete at the University of Minnesota (2017-22), Morgan started 47 of the 51 games he appeared in for the Gophers, setting the school record for wins by a starting QB (33). He completed a school record 62.2 percent of his passes during his career (661 of 1,063), recording 9,454 passing yards and 65 touchdowns. The completions, attempts, percentage, yardage and passing touchdowns rank second all-time in Gophers history.
« Last Edit: October 10/06/23, 05:52:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd best MN Gophers QB of all time isn't a very high watermark.  Just sayin.

Still, there was a brief time when one of the national NFL draft "gurus" put Tanner Morgan high on his board - trying to be ahead of the power curve if Tanner finished the season with a flourish, but he didn't- and that national steam went away fast.

But all that doesn't mean that Tanner doesn't have the skills necessary to hold a spot on the fringes of an NFL team.  God bless him.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dont get me wrong....i'm glad the kid is getting a shot........i think there are better options..........who..... dont know.

yea he should be up there in rankings with the gophers....he did spend 6 years there!!!!!!! :doofus: :surrender:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Often times the practice squad QB runs the opposing team's offense for the upcoming game so the starting defense can practice against them.  To do that job in the NFL - even on the practice squad - you need to be able to understand the opposing teams offense, throw the ball, and be versatile enough to mimic different quarterback styles.  That takes a lot of homework and professionalism - for not a lot of pay or glory.  Still, it keeps him in the game and gives him an opportunity to move up if he can.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: A 62.2 completion % is actually pretty good, especially for a program that's not really known for throwing the ball real well.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw that, didn't realize his % was so good.