Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532594 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen this last week but forgot to post it. https://www.dailynorseman.com/2023/12/22/24012011/minnesota-vikings-replace-u-s-bank-stadium-playing-surface-2024

The NFLPA has attempted to get all 32 NFL stadiums to install natural grass in their facilities, but a study apparently found that putting natural grass inside of U.S. Bank Stadium. . .which hosts around 200 other events per year in addition to Vikings’ football. . .was not feasible.

Someone would lose a bunch of revenue if they couldn't hold other events.  Its all about the money. 

Still...  200 OTHER events per year?   :confused:  That sounds like a bit of an exaggeration, don't cha think?  That would be like hosting a Taylor Swift concert every other day at US Bank Stadium.   :coffee:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
After throwing six interceptions in two starts – both close losses – Nick Mullens could find himself back on the sidelines for the Minnesota Vikings' Sunday night border battle against the Green Bay Packers.

"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Vikings are taking a long look at whether Mullens should be benched for rookie Jaren Hall," Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reported Tuesday morning.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love it!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, its time.  Give the kid some reps. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Head coach Kevin O’Connell confirmed in his Tuesday press conference that  suffered a torn ACL and MCL during Sunday’s loss to the Lions.

It’s a significant blow to the Vikings’ offense, as Hockenson leads the team with 95 catches and 960 yards in his first full season with the club. While Hockenson will finish with 15 games played, both are career highs for the 26-year-old tight end. Hockenson also has five touchdowns.

O’Connell also mentioned that receiver Jordan Addison (ankle) and cornerback Mekhi Blackmon (shoulder) are both day-to-day.
« Last Edit: December 12/26/23, 04:50:07 PM by KEN W »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonnum is done for the year too & might not play another down for the Vikes as he's a FA at the end of the season. He's had a breakout year too as the pricey FA, Davenport, has been a bust. :pouty:
« Last Edit: December 12/26/23, 07:40:22 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man it is going to be hard to sign all of these guys.  Would be great to see Hall excel in all of this.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It will be an interesting off season and it all starts with 1a) will a hobbled Kirk finally give the Vikes a hometown discount and 1b) will JJ sign a long term deal.  And will there be any money left for other players.  :confused:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Cousins could take a hometown discount.

The Vikings could give him an $25 million over the going rate for being a nice team player.

Neither should. Pay him fair market value.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I think both sides weren't very far apart on the $ last season & it was more about Cousins wanting a 2 year deal. They weren't able to figure out how to get that done & not create more cap issues. With the injury this year his FA market value has probably slipped a little & Cousins has said over & over that he wants to stay so I believe he'll sign a team friendly deal as he wants to win too. Something like a $60-$70 mil/2 year incentive loaded deal IMO, which after this season the team will probably jump on. :confused:
« Last Edit: December 12/27/23, 03:24:49 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree completely. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Hall is gonna start and I think JJ is excited about it from a FTW thing on Youtube.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I think Hall is gonna start and I think JJ is excited about it from a FTW thing on Youtube.

He's happy there won't be balls over his head he has to stretch for, balls in front just out of his reach, balls behind him. He was lucky Mullins didn't get him killed. Mullins threw the ball everywhere but on target in-stride.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dobbs left them hanging too. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dobbs left them hanging too.

He sure did. But fortunately the DB's got to the ball before blowing up the receivers. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I read where Mullens got 1/2 of the snaps on Tuesday but I didn't see anyting on yday's practice. I would think we'd hear more after today's practice. :confused: Seen this though: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/packers_star_cb_suspended_for_odd_reason_ahead_of_critical_game_vs_vikings/s1_13132_39729405
« Last Edit: December 12/28/23, 07:53:22 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see there is a fight between the company that owns KARE 11 and Direct TV.  KARE is raising rates to Direct by double digits and they can't afford to pay it so since Nov KARE hasn't been on I guess.  SO the game may not be on for youse by the chitties.  (Dotch terminology)  LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's because he's the captain!!  ask him he'll tell ya!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I talked to a friend who was at the game on Sunday.  He said the Dobbs jerseys were already on the clearance rack in the team store.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: December 12/28/23, 01:45:21 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is a lot of injuries.  Been a long season.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
So......2 games left. What do we hope for. Wins and playoffs. Where they probably won't get far. Or lose both and get a top 10 draft pick to try and get a Franchise QB.

I will find it really tough to want the Packers to beat the Vikings!! :confused:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Could the quarterback carousel drop a former Super Bowl champion in Kevin O'Connell's lap this offseason?

According to sports gambling company BetOnline, the Vikings are the favorites to land soon-to-be-former Broncos QB Russell Wilson, at 5/1 odds. The Patriots come in at a close second with 6/1 odds with the Commanders and Raiders tied at 7/1 odds.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Let him go to the other teams.  I don't think we can afford him.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Give cousins the money. Wilson is washed up. No need for him here.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

I will find it really tough to want the Packers to beat the Vikings!! :confused:

Couldn’t root for the Packers under almost any circumstances. Well, maybe when they play the Cowboys.