Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532605 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
See ya. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Hey Glenn, whats the union stance on accepting below market contracts?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Glenn, whats the union stance on accepting below market contracts?
:scratch: Probably the same as the NFLPA's. :whistling:            ;) :smiley:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/24, 08:07:56 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
But thers an M and a E
And that spells ME!!
pretty hard to win the big one with just a ME!!!!! :mooning:

Dutchy......unions usually set the pace.......usually with well trained individuals who also work together!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
But thers an M and a E
And that spells ME!!
pretty hard to win the big one with just a ME!!!!! :mooning:

Dutchy......unions usually set the pace.......usually with well trained individuals who also work together!!! :happy1:

Whats that even mean?
The NFLPA is the players union. My point was the UNION isn't encouraging Cousins to take a below market deal. Cousins is their golden goose who started all the big money guaranteed contracts, they will be pushing him to grab the most money for the longest term. I can imagine the term "hometown discount" sits as well with the union as the term "tax rebate / refund" does to Walz.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that be the first of a Union suggesting that........

these are individual contracts being negotiated between the player agent and team...........unions negotiate for the group as a whole....not individual contracts.

i have no skin in the cousins game.....frankly could care less.  what baffles me is the fact that the team and player sign a binding contract and yet the team can still cut him or the player still under contract doesnt show up for work.

wouldnt happen in a real life union faculity!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the big guaranteed contracts are coming to an end. He broke the market.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i have actually warmed up to being a COUSINS fan........ :shocked: better then the alternatives right now..... JJ is making some comments i'm not sure about both ways.

i'd rather see the Vikes draft a QB if Cousins leaves then get someone like Wilson!!!!!! :doofus:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems like Cousins is wanting $100 mil for 2 years guaranteed.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems like Cousins is wanting $100 mil for 2 years guaranteed.
good on him if he gets it......still think he's playing the hard ball to move south .

i'd laugh my assets off he dont get close to it. but just my opinion.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I can imagine the term "hometown discount" sits as well with the union as the term "tax rebate / refund" does to Walz.
Now THATS funny.  :happy1:  No, wait... :scratch:  :embarrassed:  :angry:  :angry2:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I can imagine the term "hometown discount" sits as well with the union as the term "tax rebate / refund" does to Walz.
Now THATS funny.  :happy1:  No, wait... :scratch:  :embarrassed:  :angry:  :angry2:
  :confused: :pouty: well i can tell you as a 45 year member of a Union............13 1/2 as a rep that did negotiations.......i know of at least 8 times, maybe 10, that the members voted to take a "discount" on wages and benefits to the employers to keep the employer viable!!!!!!

prove me wrong!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My agst was directed at the Walz part of the quote, not Kapt. K giving the hometown discount.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
You are trying to compare apples to onions.

The NFL & the Wilfs ain't going broke. The union will be in there bleeding every nickel and penny they can get. You can paint the negotiation any way you like but there is only one side the union is backing.

I still haven't read a viable reason for Cousins to give any kind of discount. Maybe he should go back to Washington for less money?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Even the least profitable NFL teams made almost a 1/2 billion $ in 2022, so there's really not much concern over them going broke. :rolleyes: The Vikings sat at #20 out of the 32 teams in the league with a $540,000,000 profit that year.  https://www.statista.com/statistics/193553/revenue-of-national-football-league-teams-in-2010/
« Last Edit: March 03/08/24, 11:45:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You are trying to compare apples to onions.

The NFL & the Wilfs ain't going broke. The union will be in there bleeding every nickel and penny they can get. You can paint the negotiation any way you like but there is only one side the union is backing.

I still haven't read a viable reason for Cousins to give any kind of discount. Maybe he should go back to Washington for less money?
i never said anything about cousins taking or not taking a hometown discount......dont care.

your pretty much comparing apples to oranges also.........the Wilfs and any other owner will try and bleed a nickel anyway they can too. also  comparing NFL negotiations to real life normal everyday  negotiations between employers and your everyday employee isnt even remotely close!!!!!

yea the union is backing the members.as they should........but the owners are looking out for there own pocketbook also!!!!! no surprise on either side there!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
In the end it is about cap space anyway. That was why they were talking about hometown discount. Because  Capt wanted to stay here. But it is what it is. Guess he doesn't want to stay that bad.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly JB.  Kirk as said he wants to retire here.  One would think he would shuffle numbers like many many players have done to stay where they like.  BUT it looks like money is more important than loyalty to him.  Completely his call but does say a lot about him.  He may not be as young and good now that he was injured as he thinks he is.  If so good for him. I am curious to see how it turns out.  He has shown his desire to be here already so let him walk. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm pretty sure it was a program that originally aired on Friday & replayed again today. On NFL Live(ESPN) they reported that the Vikes front office told them that they had a" budgetary decision" to make by Monday on #8's future with the team. I know if he does leave he'll take $28.5 million in dead cap space with him. :rolleyes:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't heard much about it :scratch: but it appears #18 might have more on his mind than just getting his new deal done. :confused: https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/justin-jefferson-legal-paternity-battle-andrea-galea/
« Last Edit: March 03/09/24, 07:35:59 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't heard much about it :scratch: but it appears #18 might have more on his mind than just getting his new deal done. :confused: https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/justin-jefferson-legal-paternity-battle-andrea-galea/
:pouty: yea just another pro athlete that cant keep it in the pants!!! :doah: :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And she is an attorney!  That may not bode well for JJ. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And she is an attorney!  That may not bode well for JJ.
being an attorney wont do much depending on the paternity  test!!!!!!! but yea it could be trouble!!!!!! :surrender:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the NFL... providing never-ending drama for fans.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Vikes have 26 players who will hit Free Agency on Monday. That's half the team.

:crazy: :crazy:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That may be one of the main reason why the Cousins deal hasn't been done. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: It says 25 here but maybe they signed 1 already.  :confused: https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/25-free-agents

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

:scratch: It says 25 here but maybe they signed 1 already.  :confused: https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/25-free-agents

One publication probably counted all of last years back-up quarterbacks as one.  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

One publication probably counted all of last years back-up quarterbacks as one.  ;)
yea no doubt!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: