Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Ice Road  (Read 1850 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that the Ice Road is open and in good shape.  It is 22 miles on the ice.  It costs about $1,500 per mile to maintain it.  The fee is $250 for a roundtrip pass.  $695 for an annual pass.  I have been to the Angle many times for work.  Maybe 50???  The wife has never been there and would like to see it.  We keep putting it off.  I just texted her and mentioned the Ice Road adventure.  Speed limit is 20-25 so would take a few hours round trip.  Jerry's up there has great cheese burgers and fries.  Would be an adventure and helping to pay for the maintenance.  I would like to see where it comes ashore up there.  I have snowmobiled from here to there and that was fun too. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i'm assuming your talking the LOTW's  :scratch: :scratch:

not ice road truckers......... :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

naw aint paying 250 bucks just to drive on the ice!!!!! :doah: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Big news up there LP,,,,Never been but sounds intreging,kinda spendy but understand the fee's are worth it,maintaining ice roads are tough on equipment,kinda surprised at the speed limits comparing to mille lacs anyway 10mph is the norm or use to be,not sure these days.

Long way to travel for a greasy burger/fries but sounds good with a cold beer.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Big news up there LP,,,,Never been but sounds intreging,kinda spendy but understand the fee's are worth it,maintaining ice roads are tough on equipment,kinda surprised at the speed limits comparing to mille lacs anyway 10mph is the norm or use to be,not sure these days.

Long way to travel for a greasy burger/fries but sounds good with a cold beer.
:scratch: yea but snow....how far do you go to shoot at them flying turds in the sky!!!!!!!!!  :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

just kidding bud!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heck, I wouldn't mind paying the $250 to drive the ice road. However, the 12 hour, 650 mile round trip from home is a deal breaker.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like a hellova "Minnesota Bucket List" road trip.  Driving to the NW angle over the ice - are you kidding me?   :confused:  How cool is that.  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
if I lived up there I would do it I think..  just to say I did  and get a good burger too!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Northwest Angle ice road is back open for a second winter

This is the second year for the toll ice road that lets people bypass a trip into Canada, or a ride by plane or snowmobile, to reach the Northwest Angle resort community. The area is known for its ice fishing.

The ice road was first created last winter, when the Canadian border was closed to nonessential travel from the U.S. amid the pandemic — blocking visitors from reaching the Northwest Angle by road.

"Right off the bat there’s some people who don’t have credentials such as passports and such" to pass through Canada, Henry said. "Some people aren’t vaccinated. Some people don’t want to go through the hassle of getting a COVID test. It just makes life easy I guess for lots of people who want to go fishing in the Angle."

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, last year when they had the poker run the road fee was half price. Not sure if they will do that again this year.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Does it go all the way to Angle Inlet or to Oak Island? I was up there in 1999 I think. It was early July.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Last weekend my sister sent a text. She wants a picture next to the Northern most marker of the United States. She has one of the Southern most in Florida. I mentioned the ice road to her, she seemed intrigued.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Last weekend my sister sent a text. She wants a picture next to the Northern most marker of the United States. She has one of the Southern most in Florida. I mentioned the ice road to her, she seemed intrigued.
wouldn't she need to visit Sarah Palin then??? In Alaska. Think she can see Russia from her bedroom window. :sleazy: :rotflmao: that's what she said anyway. :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I wasn't looking out the window while I was there  :sleazy:   :rotflmao: , but maybe so. It take me forever to go across and back, I'd want to get my money's worth and stop and fish out and back, unless there's no structure.  :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wasn't looking out the window while I was there  :sleazy:   :rotflmao: , but maybe so. It take me forever to go across and back, I'd want to get my money's worth and stop and fish out and back, unless there's no structure.  :confused:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:i didnt look either.........the windows where pretty fogged up!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It goes from by Springsteel Resort in Warroad to the Island road which is used to go to the islands up there.  From there you can take a left and go to Angle Inlet and will come out right at Youngs Bay.  That is where Jerry's cafe is.  Great food as I mentioned.  You could also take a right and you are right at Flag Island.  Oak Island is just east of  Flag island.  The wife just ordered our pass online and is printing it out.  Looks like we are going boys. 
« Last Edit: January 01/18/22, 05:17:28 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Rent a bus, a party bus, you could have company. :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Why are you in Glenn?   :happy1:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
250 bucks ouxhies!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Why are you in Glenn?   :happy1:
only if boar is buying. :nerd:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yu get the side car
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
wouldn't she need to visit Sarah Palin then??? In Alaska. Think she can see Russia from her bedroom window. :sleazy: :rotflmao: that's what she said anyway. :scratch:
Hey I can see Canada out my bedroom window.  :nerd:
Hey look your bobber is up!