Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Four Seasons Winnie fishing report 5/29/2016  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Four Seasons Resort

• Outdoorsman
Four Seasons Fishing Report May 29, 2016

The walleye fishing continues to be very reliable. Jig and minnow combination is the bait of choice. We are starting to see some fish taken on leeches, as well. The same spots are producing fish for our guests. Don't be afraid to venture out on the shoreline drops.

Especially when it is calm. I fished with Captain Mark and we caught walleyes, northerns, and some very large jumbo perch. This was accomplished in 19' of water off of the shoreline drop. Look for the clouds of baitfish and there will be fish there.

As I stated, the perch are starting to school. They are gorging on crayfish as well as the smaller baitfish that are out there. I bested Mark with a 12 3/4" beauty. Our perch fishermen are all doing very well.

Northerns are still being caught by the jigs and minnows. You will catch them fishing for walleyes with jigs and minnows. It is hard to target them right now as the weeds are just starting to emerge. It won't be long before we will be casting and trolling for them.

We have had some unstable weather the past few days. That hasn't seemed to affect the fish that much. I look for some great June fishing as the fish start to hold tighter to the structure. If you are thinking about coming up to Winnie, we have some prime cabins available for the weeks ahead. Check out our availability and give us a call. - Joe Thompson, Four Seasons Resort 218-665-2231