Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Habitat and Food Plot Seeds, Trees, etc. supports MN Outdoorsman fundraiser  (Read 5811 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
Here is MNO's new web site for habitat products and services.  You will find al ot of unique items for deer, pheasant, turkey and even waterfowl food plots and habitat enhancements.  There is even an Property Review and Assessment opportunity that you will want to check into.

www.HabitatNOW.com/go/MNO

5% from all purchases from this site will go towards MNO as a fundraiser.

Please let us know if you have any problems hooking up to this site or questions on any of the items.
« Last Edit: April 04/13/07, 01:24:46 PM by big_fish_guy »
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline luvn-luvnlife

• Outdoorsman
  • luvnlifes personal deer dragger
Let us know BFG we are getting ready to order our food plot seed.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
everyone interested in food plot seed or other habitat needs... go here (www.HabitatNOW.com/go/MNO) and click on the shopping cart to find everything you'll need to successfully manage your land and with the help of Kyle, grow awsome food plots.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
SAGO POND WEED
I am going to throw this post out to anyone that is interested in attracting and holding more ducks to their ponds.  Each year PLM harvests sago, celery, wild rice and fresh water shrimp for people to put into their ponds to attract ducks.

Ducks like water...but they like food in the water even better!

Like putting food plots out for deer and pheasants...this is food plots for ducks.

We won't have wild rice available again until September but order early.  For info on wild rice, see the MNO Habitat Outlet Store at www.HabitatNOW.com/go/MNO

Shrimp are available in January and February each year as that is the time we can harvest them.  You can also read more info on this item at the MNO site.

SAGO and Celery...we are harvesting these items right now and will have them available for the next couple of weeks or until harvest runs out.

Sago is one of my favorites and the ducks love the "nutlets" that form at the surface of the water.  Needs medium to mucky soils and 12 to 36 inch water depth.  A pond full of sago will really bring the ducks in.

Celery is a deeper water plant prefering 3 to 9 feet water depths and sandy to medium soils.  The big diver ducks are after the tubers with this plant.

Check out www.HabitatNOW.com/go/MNO for the Minnesota Outdoorsman Habitat Outlet for further information or post questions if you have them.

Thanks!

Kyle, PLM

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
How much for Apple Trees? Looking at 10 - 20 of them. Not necessarily for eating, but for deer management. 

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sorry I didn't catch this post.

Apple trees through the Habitat Outlet store for MNO will be greatly reduced from buying the same stock at a nursery or green house.  Trees with very good diameters (apple trees are sold be caliper rather than height) which are also 4 to 6 feet tall.  Cost will be dependant on what varieties that you select but will most likely be around $10 to $15 each.

See the following like for the MNO Habitat Outlet Store and select apple trees under wildlife trees...

http://www.habitatnow.com/go/MNO

Thanks!

Kyle