Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532925 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did any one notice Fran Tarkington passed away yesterday I think it was..   some thing like 81... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Really, no I hadn't heard he was sick. Always looked pretty good when on TV for whatever reason. May he R.I.P.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: I looked on both channels 4 & 5 websites and it's not there. Also googled him and nothing about him passing there either.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
saw it on a sports channel yesterday afternoon late... 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe it's some of that false news stuff...   :scratch: :scratch:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe a rumor started by a news story headline about Fran Tarkrnton’s passing...”stats” or “record” or something?
I was at a sports bar yesterday and noticed on ESPN they had a teaser about Tarkenton coming up. Didn’t catch the story, though.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that could be the same one..  must be false, sorry fellers... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
after HH  :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
after HH  :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

nope 1st beer....   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
« Last Edit: February 02/05/21, 05:12:07 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just read that the NFL awards went out. rookie of the year went to Hubert of san diego!!!!! :confused: :doah: :thumbs: :thumbs:

IMO Jefferson got screwed. :taz: :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn.  I was hoping for him too. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard Allen got passed too....

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i just read that the NFL awards went out. rookie of the year went to Hubert of san diego!!!!! :confused: :doah: :thumbs: :thumbs:

:scratch: Humphrey? :rolleyes:                                  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Humphrey? :rolleyes:                                  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:crazy: :confused: iowgians. :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:                    Oh....................................you meant Herbert their QB! :doofus:  :doah:
« Last Edit: February 02/07/21, 01:50:01 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  After watching last night's game I can only hope the Vikings were paying attention on how to use a talented tight end. They've got at lease two of them if not three. None were used enough this past season IMO. If you look past Brady the next choice for MVP could have been either team's tight end. They both played great.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
After watching last nights game you should realize the Vikings have no where near the talent or coaching of elite teams.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was just on the phone talking to an old friend about Tampa's team.  Compared to the Vikes we have a long way to go to compete with a team like them.   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Was just on the phone talking to an old friend about Tampa's team.  Compared to the Vikes we have a long way to go to compete with a team like them.

It took Zimmer 3 years to build his defense.

In 2016 (Zim's 3rd year) the Vikes went 8-8, but had the 3rd best defense in terms of yards and 6th best defense in terms of points.

In year 4, 2017, they went 13-3 (Keenum caught lightening in a bottle), and the Vikes had the #1 defense in terms of yards AND points!

The Super Bowl window was still wide open when they brought Cousins in for 2018, but they slid back to 19th in offense while the defense still held a respectable 9th place ranking.

Fan's still weren't sold on Cousins, but his play along with Diggs and Cook raised the offense to #8 and the aging defense found a way to improve to 5th.

And this year the bottom fell out with the defense finishing ranked 29th.

Where are they compared to Tampa?

« Last Edit: February 02/08/21, 11:59:52 AM by Steve-o »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn’t think I was comparing the Vikings as a team to either the bucs or chiefs. Just making a comment on how well their tight ends played and how I felt the Vikings under utilized their tight ends this past season. Sorry for the confusion. :happy1:
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was replying to LPS.  I think his point and my point is that the Vikings' Super Bowl windows that was wide open for 3 or 4 years is now slammed shut.

Its goona take Zim 2 or 3 years (at best) to rebuild the defense, and to your point, Markn, they also have to figure out the offensive line issues.  I think the Vikings' tight ends are underutilized in the passing game because they have to stay in and block to help a below average offensive line.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Meh, the Vikings are going to be super bowl champs next year. After all they do have Cousin's. :bow: :whistling: :whistling: :happybounce: :nerd: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And I read this morning kubiacks kid is now the O coordinator.
« Last Edit: February 02/08/21, 12:30:19 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I see where they're supposed to be hiring a coach from Alabama, Karl Scott, to take over coaching the DB's too.
« Last Edit: February 02/09/21, 08:37:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We get the 4, Hunter, the 1 that opted out - Pierce, Kendricks, & Barr, of our front 7 who didn't play much last year back I think the defense will look much different. I would not be surprised to see them draft or sign a FA safety though & let Harris go. I'd like for them to build some depth on the OL, myself. Rookie deals are for 4 years these days so if they're any good they have to either pay 'em or let 'em go after that.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, the defense ought to be better with guys returning, but...

They are also getting older and make more money.  The talking heads of sports radio speculate that Barr isn't the impact player that his contract warrants.  Yeah, in Zim's defense, Barr mucks up a lot of stuff so other guys can make plays - so Zim is best suited to know if Barr is worth the money or not.  Question is... are the other guys up to making those plays?

It still feels like the defense is two years away because the secondary is so young, raw, and unproven (and with a new coach).  Meanwhile, the other player are getting up there in age:

Kendricks (6 seasons), Harris (6), Barr (7), Smith (9), Hunter (6), Pierce (5)

In two years those guys are going to be that much older and slower.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a lot of talent that we are going to lose in the near future.  Hope we can find replacements that we can afford.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So maybe they aren't two years away, maybe three or four.

Or if those guys come back healthy and play well, and if Spielman can add two or three upgrades at key positions, is the Super Bowl window still open a crack?  At least for next season?

:confused:

It has been Zim and Spielman's pattern:  one bad year, one good year, one bad year, one good year, one bad year...

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
So maybe they aren't two years away, maybe three or four.

Or if those guys come back healthy and play well, and if Spielman can add two or three upgrades at key positions, is the Super Bowl window still open a crack?  At least for next season?

:confused:

It has been Zim and Spielman's pattern:  one bad year, one good year, one bad year, one good year, one bad year...

Umm, the only reason there is a window at all is because they belong in the NFL. They have about the same chance of being in the Super Bowl as Detroit. Which is slim & none and slim just left the building.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman