Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: big sandy lake  (Read 983 times)

Offline fishingstar

• Outdoorsman
We are thinking about camping at Sandy Lake Recreation Area Campground in June. Anybody familiar with the lake? We will going the first week in June and fishing for walleyes and pan fish.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Never been there. But looks like it would be nice.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Surprisingly busy lake depending on when you go. Fishing can be tough there and I don't think there is much for trophy fish if you are hunting bigger fish. The campground was very nice the last time I was there I think you will enjoy that. There is a guy on the fishing web sites by the name of Sandbur who lives on the lake. He posts occasionally. His real name is Shannon something, he was doing some You Tube stuff for a while, I don't know if he still is or not. I use to run to the far south end and cross under the bridge and fish down there. Being a troller  there was less traffic and I enjoyed it more.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093