Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: new cars and trucks  (Read 772 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so when I was listening to the news this morning something was said about installing on all new vehicle's alcohol sensors..  like the one's now for folks that get a DWI..  didn't hear when or sponsored by whom...   guess I'll still be driving my older one's...  Dudley do right to the rescue...     
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And with the price of a new vehicle & gas, I'm thinking about getting a horse! 🐎  :crazy:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Automakers must install technology in new cars to combat drunk driving, Congress mandates

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress has created a new requirement for automakers: Find a high-tech way to keep drunken people from driving cars.

It’s one of the mandates along with a burst of new spending aimed at improving auto safety amid escalating road fatalities in the $1 trillion infrastructure package that President Joe Biden is expected to sign soon.

Under the legislation, monitoring systems to stop intoxicated drivers would roll out in all new vehicles as early as 2026, after the Transportation Department assesses the best form of technology to install in millions of vehicles and automakers are given time to comply.

We'll see how constitutional it is to install breathalyzer interlock systems in everyone's cars.

You know...  As election years keep rolling around, and the Dems keep passing laws that continue to infringe on our civil liberties, I keep hoping that folks will wise up and put a stop to this endless encroachment of government into our daily lives - but the people seem to keep wanting more.
 :crazy: :pouty:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
They lost my business with the backup televisions. Seat belts were a gateway drug.
« Last Edit: December 12/13/23, 01:10:11 PM by roony »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Billions of dollars of technology investment thwarted by a 15 cent balloon.   ;)

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am sure they will have a monthly service charge along with it.

I think it was BMW who thought it was a good idea to have a monthly charge after one year to use their remote car starter. Look how that turned out.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh sure the car makers love this stuff and may even suggest it.  It is all more money for them.  They don't do anything for free so it is a money maker for them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :bs: :bs: :surrender: i agree Steveo..... its getting carried away. i almost cant wait for ther next election.....if people dont vote to cleanhouse.....this countries going down the tubes.

a little off topic, this morning on MSN i read something about the "WORLD" agreed to put an end to fossil fuels with some exceptions. as i read further into the article it was much to do about nothing with no meat to it...........total waste of time.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Big brother. Got to love it. That must also be part of the the remote kill switch that has to be in all vehicles by 2026. That way when you drive to much they can keep you from driving.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It may or may not happen, but how many millions or billions of taxpayer $$$ will they waste figuring out that it is a stupid idea.

How many car company exec bonuses will that all pay for?  :confused:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Since they are doing things to allegedly saves lives.....how about cell phones that don't work past 5 mph? I don't care that not everybody in the car is driving. If you can't manage your life for the duration of your car ride stay home. The addiction to those things has become mind numbing.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe our politicians in Washington should take a breathalyzer test before voting on some of this stuff. Just thinking out loud here.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What will be great about the blow and go new vehicles is there is a lot of other things that can cause false readings if you will like cologne or perfume, some yeasts in breads and we have heard menthol cigs do it too. We service Intoxalock units at the shop for lucky people who got nabbed for a DUI. Hopefully this is thought all the way through, however it's government so we all know how likely that is.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: December 12/14/23, 09:23:17 AM by Jrasmussen »

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ive had snoose actually give me a false breathlizer and urine test
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Full autonomous cars are expected by 2035...let's just keep heading in that direction!  :happy1:

If this ever happens (which I doubt), I'm gonna start a valet service at all bars and restaurants. We won't necessarily park or retrieve your vehicle...we'll just start it for you! I just hope I can keep my valet workers sober.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm glad I bought a place in WI where you drive UTV's and snowmobiles everywhere.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It will NEVER work OR be implemented, but we will waste lots of "pork" tax dollars on useless government projects and the utopian do-gooders will feel good about their quest to make the planet a safe place for everyone.  "Money well spent," they will say.   :angry: