Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1516305 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I buy the small carrots sometimes but I like the big ones better so they don't fall apart as easy. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:happy1: :happy1: looks good LPS!!!!!!! cept i'd feed the cooked carrots to the dogs!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i love carrots raw, cooked in little pieces like in stew or soup.!!!!!!!

Let me read this again.  You love cooked carrots in small pieces like in stew or soup.  Pot roast is almost a stew just not cut up.  So what is the the measurement that dictates whether it is too big?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  1/2"  3/4" 1".  LOL
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: not bigger then 1/2 inch. i'll eat a few that way.  and i like cooked carrots not love!!!!!! :rotflmao: cooking a carrot takes something out of it, doesnt taste the same as raw. i like the flavor a cooked carrot gives to a roast but thats about it.

i plant 4 packets of carrot seeds in my garden every year...and unless i'm making my soup starter i eat everyone of them raw!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma just put together a jalapeno popper chicken chili in the crotch pot! If I think of it I'll snap a pic later. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made a big ole pot of garbanzo beans soup. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma just put together a jalapeno popper chicken chili in the crotch pot! If I think of it I'll snap a pic later. :happy1:
apparently the picture got lost up in da cloud somewhere?? :confused: :scratch: :coffee:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Momma must still like me. Got an apple pie made from the SnowSweet apples. Only one small issue. For some reason she decided to use a different recipe that called for nutmeg. Apparently it was more than I was ready for because it took me by surprise. I'm OK with a dab of nutmeg but what this recipe called for was a little over the top. She admitted it too. Must've been the nutmeg lovers recipe.

This was the first baking she had done with this apple variety and when you could separate the flavor from the nutmeg, it passed with flying colors. A tad sweeter than the Haralson we like to bake with but not overly sweet like the Fireside apples are when we've tried using those. Not mushy-textured like the Fireside were either. Could even cut down the sugar just a hair so the apple flavor has a chance to come through. That's what the ice cream or Dutch apple top crust are for. Can't wait to get some SnowSweet apples made into apple crisp or another pie sans the nutmeg recipe. Nice to have another homegrown option to bake with.   
« Last Edit: October 10/16/23, 11:44:00 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Supper Saturday night at deer camp. Venny neck roast  :hubba:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good eats there!!!  got one I need to do to...   hoping it fits in the crock pot... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I put it in the roaster in the oven. Is yours deboned??

You could bake it then in the crock pot???

I add dry Lipton onion soup mix, onions and garlic in mine

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nope but I have an eight qt crock pot I think it will fit in...   if not the roaster like you did... 

how long did roast it in the oven and what temp?? 
« Last Edit: October 10/21/23, 11:27:15 AM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a few Costco whole chickens to bake.  They are already seasoned and ready to go.  We will bake both and then refreeze the meat of one for a soup later on.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just de-boned a rotisserie chicken a bit ago..   make good wraps and such with secret sauce!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope but I have an eight qt crock pot I think it will fit in...   if not the roaster like you did... 

how long did roast it in the oven and what temp??
350 and 4 hours. I take it out when the meat peels off the bone.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a few Costco whole chickens to bake.  They are already seasoned and ready to go.  We will bake both and then refreeze the meat of one for a soup later on.
just made a batch of chicken soup from some smoked turkey leg bones and a bunch of leftover grilled chicken. Having a bowl soon, the rest will be fore next Saturday when the kid comes up to do deer stands.

In most all the soups I make I like setting it in the fridge overnight then skim off all the fat.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My world famous sketti, for supper and Sunday night deer camp.

Momma made an apple crisp .
 That ain't gonna last long.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Another small batch of Glenn's top ten fav,  bacon cheese burger tater tot hotdish!!! Sprinkle some red pepper flakes on and your set!  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Another small batch of Glenn's top ten fav,  bacon cheese burger tater tot hotdish!!! Sprinkle some red pepper flakes on and your set!  :happy1:

wanting to do something like that soon, but with tex mex seasonings and ingredients!!!    looks great Bobber!!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice job boober! I'm betting glenn will be over ASAP after the Mrs. releases her claws... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm playing hooky from work today and it's a good day to make soup! I made a chicken wild rice soup, starting with a bag mix from Fleet Farm and then doctoring it up with added ingredients and shredded chicken of course! It smells great and I can't wait to try it! 😋

~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good stuff there!!!   

just sauteed a package of sliced mushrooms to go with what ever I decide!!!  on a burger?  who knows!!! 
« Last Edit: October 10/27/23, 01:49:01 PM by mike89 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Got to love the bear creek soups. They use to have a gumbo that was awesome. Can't find it anymore.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are good.  We always have a few around just in case we need a quick and good meal.  We Dr them up too.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Wild rice soup is smashing! Believe we are having broccoli cheese paired with grilled cheese,  it's a soup kinda day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I am looking out the window and it is absolutely white with a little still coming down.  Changes the menu options greatly.  I am thinking pot roast.  Not sure if pork or beef yet, we shall see. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
this morning I tried something different when making an omelette for breakfast...   I was given some blue cheese crumbles so I used them in it..   had no idea what it would taste like, but by golly it was good!!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good.  We had a fancy type sandwich awhile back and it came with feta cheese on it.  A lot of feta on it.  I couldn't eat the whole thing due to the cheese being so powerful.  I can't remember when I couldn't eat something. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like feta cheese too...  real good in lasagna and spinach pie!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that guy on a hunting show the other day do this and then I saw it online as a recipe so I tried it.  Absolutely luscious!  Take about 3-4 lbs of country style ribs.  Put in the bottom of a crock pot.  Cover with 1 pkg of Ranch seasoning mix, 1 pkg of Au Jus seasoning mix, 1 jar of brown gravy, 1 stick of butter.  Cover and put on medium for about 4-5 hours.  Turned out luscious like I said.  We had it with scalloped potatoes but would be good on some extra wide egg noodles.   I didn't have the butter and it was still great.  A great recipe that would work good with any meat, beef or pork.  Sorry no pic. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had corned beef hash with an easy over egg on top with a glass of tomato juice.  I am ready to go now.  I am going to make Roony's Rueben Soup later on.