Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1516003 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I ran into something that I really like in the frozen food section.  McCafferty's breakfast sausage patties.  18 to a box for about $6.  They are not precooked and have that good ol fashioned taste.  I will have them in the freezer from now on. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
A good breakfast sausage is a must, those pizzas and phillies look perfect!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I try all of the different ones and these are good.  For links I like Midwest Pride ones.  They are packed at the stores but have their label on them.  Links or patties I throw them in the pan frozen at a low heat and get going.  That is usually when I am talking to you guys in the morning.  Then the eggs sunny side up whilst the toast is going.  I love breakfast.  LOLOL
It was at a Super One store.
« Last Edit: February 02/07/24, 08:08:54 PM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Trying to remember the best way to cook a corned beef, with the goal of Reubens. Any ideas??

Thinking of using the meat slicer first.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
put in pan of water just to the top of beef and cook for about 4 or 5 hours.  When you can stick it with a fork and is very tender it is done.  Take out of water, let cool and slice away.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That sounds good Glenn I might have to pick one up for this weekend.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually do in the crock pot too. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The last one we did I thought I over did it.  When I stuck the fork in I couldn't hardly feel the meat it was so soft.  Once it cooled it made great ruebens.  Tough corned beef isn't any fun. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
crock pot

This is the easiest way to make a corned beef. Cook it today. Put in fridge tonight and slice when cold and firm tomorrow. Very easy. If you don't have a meat slicer, use a sharp fillet knife.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
crock pot

This is the easiest way to make a corned beef. Cook it today. Put in fridge tonight and slice when cold and firm tomorrow. Very easy.

I agree, but who can cook one and not sample it at least!!!    not me!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a nice chuck roast to make into a nice pot roast tomorrow.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Next time I'm gonna try the crock pot. I made mine Saturday and it ended up tough, well half of it did. I did it in a pot of water like I have before, put the fat side down cooked for the time it said. The meat on the fat side was tender but the other half was super tough. Maybe I had it to high when trying to simmer? For the crock pot method do you just cover it in water or only add a little to the bottom?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
fat side up first...  and I do mine in crock pot.  always tender..  8 hours about on low...   liquid not over the top of the meat.. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I add liquid just to an inch from top but not over the top.  Should be so tender a fork slides right into it. If not, cook longer. Some are better than others too.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Got it thanks guys. I have made them before in the pot on the stove and it turned out better than this one did.  :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
with the kids coming up today I figured better have some breakfast for them...   found a recipe for tater tot breakfast dish...   l had some tots I wanted to use so here go!!!    Glenn ya want to try some?? 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You could mail him some I bet... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You could mail him some I bet... :coffee:

good idea!!   by the way the price of eggs has jumped to $3.59 a dozen at Coborns!!!   yikes!!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma says take it easy on the tots, she's had it on her girly weekends and the tots dry it up a bit. Speaking of Momma  in her weaken condition she whipped up a big o pot of beef stew and a loaf of homemade BEER bread. Got that stuff is good..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
with the kids coming up today I figured better have some breakfast for them...   found a recipe for tater tot breakfast dish...   l had some tots I wanted to use so here go!!!    Glenn ya want to try some??
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ya know.......i told my wife about 2 weeks ago to go ahead and make a tater tot hotdish..i'd try it to see if i've changed!!!!!! i mean we have shadow  :surrender: and he eats anything!!!!! :rolleyes:

man did i luck out.............she doesnt have a recipe!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :happybounce: :happybounce: :party1: :Clap: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ya know.......i told my wife about 2 weeks ago to go ahead and make a tater tot hotdish..i'd try it to see if i've changed!!!!!! i mean we have shadow  :surrender: and he eats anything!!!!! :rolleyes:

man did i luck out.............she doesnt have a recipe!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :happybounce: :happybounce: :party1: :Clap: :dancinred: :dancinred:
You want the bacon cheese burger one??? Good stuff...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You want the bacon cheese burger one??? Good stuff...
yea......i'd give it a try..............once!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What the hell is wrong with tatter tot hot dish Glenn?  :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO JR, you haven't seen the list have you?  You new people won't believe that Glenn can survive on the things that are not on his list of things he doesn't eat.  Where is that now? lol

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?board=229.0

right at the top of  What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today forum!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i wouldnt feed that to my ex-wife......its mush tasting slop.!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i wouldnt feed that to my ex-wife......its mush tasting slop.!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :thumbs: :crazy: