Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4973099 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Mort boys. Nice blue skies here this morning. 60ish to start the day, only supposed to around 70 today. We were up late last night drinking and getting bear bait ready. Went to bed at 2 this morning. Just need to wait for the gang to awaken and then we can load up the rig and head for the woods. I am getting antsy now. Well, just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, well the wind, rain and thunder storms finally ended and we had a good night weather wise..  got grilling done!!  beef tenderloin!!!  darn tasty too!!  58 here now going for 78...  sure hope with all the nasty weather all are good out there!!  had a couple tornadoes touch down not so far from here but have not heard any damage reports yet... have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Have fun playing in the woods JB  :happy1:

Morning fellers. Busy day today. Making soup starter. :happy1: momma should be out the door here soon. As soon as her granddaughter shows up. :sleazy: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  pooches are walked and fed now its time to wet a line. The kids made it out last night, he wanted to take 212 but I said 7 looks better as the storms were rolling towards the city, good thing. Gots to go.. see ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had what seemed like a nice rainy period yesterday but only got a tich over a half inch.   :confused:  Yes JB good luck and have fun.  I haven't been up till 2 am for a long time.  Thank goodness.  LOL   :confused:  Not sure what is up today.  Ordered parts for the 8 hp Merc.  I need a cowling gasket/rubber seal and a dipstick.  There is oil in it with a rag plugging up the dipstick hole.  ???  We may cut some more brush today and even have a fire.  I took out a 4 bone plate of beef ribs to do either today or tomorrow.  So have a nice day!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey guys, we had 56* startin out & goin for the mid - upper 70's today. Rain started yady just after I got off the water ~ noon & quit about 3:30 - 4 but we got hammered from around 5 'til 6:30 or so & I dumped another 2.1" this mornin. So we're close to 3" over the last 24 hours & that means I'll be movin the lift in shallower yet in the next couple days. Went out :fishing: after bfast for a bit it was so nice out but no  :fish2:. Mowed some too, ready for some lunch now, & will be watchin some of the Twins doubleheader. That's it for now, later.
« Last Edit: August 08/16/20, 07:57:53 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  nice looking day so far and looks to be all day!!  have to get some motion lotion for the mower, will the rains it's going to be growing fast again..  not a whole lot going on today but I'll find something to do for sure..  have a good day all!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin peoples,  gorgeous mornin at that not a ripple on the water.  Pooches are walked , fed and spent too much fun fetching and swimming.  The golden retriever ended getting a clover leaf stuck in his eye socket after a few attempts we were able to get a hold of it. Well gonna whip up some grub, clean up the place and head back home after a bit, see on the flip side!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Yep looking like a dandy day. Getting ready for round 2, salsa making day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, a pretty start to our day here too. We had 60* the 1st time I went out to the garage & we're headed for 75*. The boat was tied up to the dock so I could move the lift, it came in about 4', so I went for another boat ride last night. It was beautiful night out there but the  :fish2: weren't likin it. Got a couple things on the list, have to see how it goes. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice looking day here too.  So yesterday WC said 100% rain at 3, 90%at 4, 40% at 5.  We got some cloud cover and no rain.  Not a drop until about 9:30 we got just enough to get the deck wet.  LOL  Got a lot of tree trimming done yesterday.  Had a nice fire too.  Gonna smome some beef ribs today so may not get much else done.  Just filled up one of the hummer feeders and there are a bunch of them flying around squabbling over the the one feeder.  See ya all later.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here and a nice morning it is. Heading for 70ish today. Got all our baits out yesterday afternoon. We got lucky I guess. We never got rained on the whole time we were out in the woods. Got the last bait out as it was getting dark. But we got them all done. Just need to get a ladder stand from the shack and put it up there. Not sure what will be on the agenda after our company leaves. Just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered how things were going for you Del.  I bet it is beautiful there.

It is beautiful here this morning, with the fog burning off.    Maybe we are done with the rain for a while.     

Got a new winch on the boat lift.  Apparently 2500 pound harbor freight winches aren't really made for 2000 pounds plus very many times.   Too bad because size and use wise it was perfect.    After two of them I figured out they just weren't up to it.     So went to a 3500 pound model that seems to handle the job better.   Got a lot more wiring and stuff though.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Had 48 on the way into work this morning, heading for 75 today. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 56 here going for 74 they say..  sounds like a nice day to me!!  not a lot on the agenda today other than getting gas for the mower and few small things..  going to stop at Coborns too..  they have T-bones for $6.99 a pound..  have that on the grill tonight!!  have a good day all!!  my coffee is saying come and get it!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Beautiful morning here.  Have a small jag of wood to spit today and getting close to mowing time too.  I got a 3 yard load of black dirt delivered to fill some holes around the yard too.  Been looking forward to that.  Now when I mow I have to remember where the dips are.  No comments.  lol  I kind of forgot the wife will be gone this next weekend.   ;)  Her and her sisters get together every year for a week together.  Usually at someplace fun.  With the covid stuff they are going to stay at one of the sisters place to be safer.  Glad to see them do this.  Good for them to get together.  Later boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 57* here when I went out :fishing: & we're headed for around 70*. Found 3  :fish2: willin this AM, 1st one went ~16" & went in the box, the 2nd was 10-11" & went back just like the last 1 which was a 25" beauty. :happy1: :cool: Got a few things lined up for early today so I better roll, have good day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they say on the news Death Valley hit 130 yesterday.... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We went to Laughlin a few years ago and enjoyed it just to do something.  We went in Feb.  My wife used to live in AZ so knows what hot weather is like.  I keep telling her I may like to go there when it is hotter than heck just to experience it.  She just laughs at me.  She says I won't make it across a street before I turn around and head back inside.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I wonder if the AC's can keep up when it is that hot?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........furlough starts today. i dont see this ending till i retire...then i wont care!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao:

few things on the agenda, nuttin overwhelming. gonna hook up with dutchboy to barter some river water for a pop cooler/frig later today!!!!!!! :evil:

oh boy................LPS is going to be unsupervised for a full week!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: that Dotch fella must be with Gov Walz, whooping it up at the farm convention  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........furlough starts today. i dont see this ending till i retire...then i wont care!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao:

few things on the agenda, nuttin overwhelming. gonna hook up with dutchboy to barter some river water for a pop cooler/frig later today!!!!!!! :evil:

oh boy................LPS is going to be unsupervised for a full week!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just the weekend.  I even think a week with no supervision may be too long.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: Yea I reckon iffin it was a week, we'd need JB to stop by and set ground rules  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes that may be a good idea!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, well  :pouty: :pouty: taking the granddaughter down to the Emily house today. :confused:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes that may be a good idea!
Or it could be a bad idea. Never know the trouble we could get into.  :rocker; :drinking:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Sorry to hear Glenn. Hope they keep her until she gets straightened out. We had 53 this morning heading for 80 today. Seen 46 on the way into Warroad this AM. Pulled the cover off of the camper last night while the wifey was mow lawnin. Going to use it this coming weekend. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yes sorry to hear that Glenn..  good looking morning too!!!  going up to Perham this morning, check out Bongards cheese outlet store there...  they have some great flavors!!!  grilled porterhouse steaks last night, Linda's birthday is Wed so that was form that and darn were they good!!!  got to get to mowing again!!  it sure is growing again!!!  have a good day all!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That sounds fun Mike.  Never been to the cheese outlet there.  May have to check that out.  I also have 2 Porterhouses in the freezer and plan on having one whilst the wife is gone.  Had the round bales for the horses delivered yesterday so good to have that done.  I will put some steel fence posts around them with some elec wire too today.  Nice looking bales too.  They have that web type of wrapping on them.  I guess that repels rain much better so the bales keep better.   :happy1:  Got some wood split and the lawn mowed too.  SO may take it a little easier today.  Maybe?  I did get a 3 yard load of dirt delivered too so should move some of that today too.  Maybe I will fire up the WD to help with it so I don't have to shovel as much.  Well time for some more coffee.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 57* early & it looks like the upper 70's is 'sposed to be the high today. Sure was a nice sunrise but the  :fish2: sure didn't like it. :scratch: Sad to hear about your granddaughter, glenn, hope she gets the help she needs. I too have a little mowin to do today, need to button things up here again too as we are changin addresses again tomorrow. We'll be stoppin in Austin for a day or 2. 'Bout all I've got for now, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.