Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Birds in the back yard  (Read 162009 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 7877
  • Likes Given: 8621
i'm taking mine down today also!!!!!!!!!! winter is on its way i guess!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2542
  • Likes Given: 12490
Our feeders look like they're still goin down & the neighbor said he seen 1 on his feeders today. So' ours will stay up.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 7975
  • Likes Given: 5846
Leaving on our annual fall car cruise to Dubuque on Friday a.m. I fear when I get back Sunday the hummingbirds may be gone.  :sad: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 6374
  • Likes Given: 13225
Ours are down and all cleaned up.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2542
  • Likes Given: 12490
Neighbor said he seen some hummingbirds over there yday AM yet, so ours will stay up.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still several hummingbirds here this a.m. Will probably mix up one more small batch of sugar water to tide them over whilst I'm gone. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw at least one hummingbird this morning. Saw one on the nectar feeder outside while I was seated in the oval office. Saw it or another one on the cannas when I came in from chores.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 6374
  • Likes Given: 13225
Just had a magpie land on the deck railing and then into the sunflower seed feeder.  Didn't stay long. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I enjoyed seeing them when I lived in the Little House on the Prairie. They seemed to like the piles of goose guts I dumped out in the weeds.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No hummingbirds spotted this a.m. :sad:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Update: I saw a hummingbird tonite. It was working over the blue salvia along with the red & white impatiens. Noticed it just as I was finishing up picking the last of the pears.  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still one here on the feeder outside the oval office... :coffee:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Haven't seen any hummingbirds since Wednesday. Unless they make an encore appearance during this warmer stretch of weather, guessing they're done here for the year.  :coffee:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw a hummingbird this a.m. while seated in the oval office. Yet more evidence of global climate change... :rolleyes:

Video